Dispute: Garrett Holland - Sega Genesis / Sega Mega Drive - GRIND Stormer - NTSC - Points - Player: Vicente Morales - Score: 648,710

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Dispute: Garrett Holland - Sega Genesis / Sega Mega Drive - GRIND Stormer - NTSC - Points - Player: Vicente Morales - Score: 648,710

09-22-2020, 10:25 PM
    Sega Genesis / Sega Mega Drive - GRIND Stormer - NTSC - Points
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=128154
    Rules
    Game Type: Grind Stormer
    Difficulty: Moderate
    Control Type: Player's Choice
    Trigger A,B,C: Player's Choice
    Lives: 3
    Credit Limit: 1
    Pause: Disable
    Training Mode: No
    Special Rules: This is a Single Player ONLY Variation! Continues are NOT allowed!
    Player Name
    Vicente Morales
    Original Adjudication
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php?t=216930
    Verification Method
    TGSAP
    Verification Date
    2020-09-22
    Disputed Score
    648,710 (Rank 1)
    Disputed By
    Garrett Holland
    Dispute Evidence / Rationale
    Track rule violation - Pause was not set to disable. More forgivable, but multiple credits were present, even if not used.
  2. 09-22-2020, 10:27 PM
    beat me to it

extra annoying as what caused this to be accepted was a reject

i get theres essentially a quorum, but the principle behind a quorum makes no sense in these cases. sure, demanding a minimum number of adjudicators discuss among themselves makes perfect sense. but demanding a certain among number of votes? how the heck does the final "no" vote with zero discussion somehow make the other "yes" votes any more valid?

this isnt the first time this has happened. if the quorum principle absolutley must stay at least consider then adding some time to a sub after each vote so that there actually can be discussion based on the new persons input.
    Lode Runner Champion
    Thanks Garrett Holland thanked this post
    Likes Garrett Holland liked this post
  3. 09-22-2020, 10:33 PM
    The settings just before gameplay:

Name:  image.png
Views: 52
Size:  434.0 KB

The rule: Options must be set to Credit Limit = 1. The player's setting: Credit Limit = 4
    The rule: Pause = Disabled. The player's setting: Pause = Enabled.

inb4: The track rules do not state: "The settings must be Credit Limit = 4, unless you just don't use the other three, then you can have on whatever setting you want." The track rules also do not state: "the settings must be Pause = Disabled, unless you just don't pause the game, then you can have it whatever setting you want."
  4. 09-22-2020, 10:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    how the heck does the final "no" vote with zero discussion somehow make the other "yes" votes any more valid?
    It appears even worse than that ... I would bet the last 3 votes were no votes, at the very least.
  5. 09-24-2020, 05:31 PM
    Even if he didn't pause or continue, rules are still rules.
    Lauren Tyler
    Eternal Champion of Ragol
    Thanks Garrett Holland thanked this post
    Likes Garrett Holland, JWillard liked this post
  6. 09-27-2020, 02:25 PM
    I watched the startup on the original submission, he used the USA rom but I'm not sure he used a NTSC console, evrdrives will let you run NTSC and PAL games on either but you need to be on the correct formatted console for a TG sub. It's a model 2 console so i'm not familar enough to know
Join us