NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Mickey Mousecapade - NTSC - Points - 455200 - Jacob Wyatt Willard

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Mickey Mousecapade - NTSC - Points - 455200 - Jacob Wyatt Willard

09-15-2020, 09:51 PM
    Additional Video Evidence:
    vzaar-player
    NTSC - Points
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=129180
    Rules
    Factory Default
    Special Rules: You may NOT use any codes or your run will be disqualified.
    Submission Message

2. 09-15-2020, 09:51 PM
    Thanks for reviewing my submission!
  3. 09-16-2020, 04:34 PM
    Congrats on your first submission, and a fantastic score to mark the occasion!

Clear and thorough evidence package, much appreciated.

Some great game play, Maleficent wasn't going to make it easy but you found a way with your last mouse.

Looking forward to seeing more submissions from your NES library!
  4. 09-22-2020, 07:17 PM
    interesting, it was assumed by some that the top score required leeching, hopefully i didnt lose track of any leeching in your game. so its that the end boss has some randomness/luckiness for a huge point bonus?
    Lode Runner Champion
  5. 09-22-2020, 07:50 PM
    I was actually really surprised by my final score. I didn’t think I could get so high. The last level really adds the points. If I had killed one additional character anywhere in the game I would have had enough points.
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
  6. 09-22-2020, 08:11 PM
    If you fail in eliminating Maleficent, you're respawned at the beginning of the Castle stage and have to traverse the stage again to battle the boss. You also earn a 100,000 bonus when you beat Maleficent to finish the game.
    Thanks Snowflake thanked this post
  7. 09-28-2020, 08:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    interesting, it was assumed by some that the top score required leeching, hopefully i didnt lose track of any leeching in your game. so its that the end boss has some randomness/luckiness for a huge point bonus?
    Here is the previous thread about this game for anyone interested: https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...50-Steven-Lynn

Ultimately, I believe it was clear one could beat the current high score by a pretty large margin without tactics that would typically be classified as leeching. It seems more of the contention was that the original submitter didn't quite grasp the difference between leeching and point pressing and the idea that global rules extend beyond what is written in the game rules was another stumbling block for him.

For this run, nice work! I vote to accept.
    Likes Snowflake, JWillard liked this post
Join us