Sega Master System - The Ninja - NTSC - Points - 10,178,400 - Steven kerr

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 09-30-2020, 01:03 PM
    I haven't said looping the levels is leeching, i referenced a question i raised when i first contemplated attempting to beat the current score. I had only just joined Twin Galaxies, was new and learning the rules about scoring.

I don't believe the original record holder cheated or leeched to get the high score, i know the game so well, I knew how he would have achieved the score.

There is a single stage in this game you can leech because there is no timer and the enemies keeping respawning, this is the last stage.

Every other stage there is a limited number of enemies, so this can't be done anywhere else in the game.

There is a limit in the game to how many extra lives you can get, for every 100,000 points you get an extra life, once your score hits 1,000,000 points no more extra lives can be earned.

So looping the levels is not an unlimited event, where you have the ability to keep getting extra lives indefinitely and go on forever.
    Thanks Garrett Holland thanked this post
    Likes Garrett Holland liked this post
  2. 09-30-2020, 01:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sacrieon View Post
    I haven't said looping the levels is leeching, i referenced a question i raised when i first contemplated attempting to beat the current score. I had only just joined Twin Galaxies, was new and learning the rules about scoring.

I don't believe the original record holder cheated or leeched to get the high score, i know the game so well, I knew how he would have achieved the score.

There is a single stage in this game you can leech because there is no timer and the enemies keeping respawning, this is the last stage.

Every other stage there is a limited number of enemies, so this can't be done anywhere else in the game.

There is a limit in the game to how many extra lives you can get, for every 100,000 points you get an extra life, once your score hits 1,000,000 points no more extra lives can be earned.

So looping the levels is not an unlimited event, where you have the ability to keep getting extra lives indefinitely and go on forever.
    can you loop though without dying? or does looping require a death? if my question sounds odd, i havent watched either performance, i'm just respodning to the logic and global rules refernces people are making. if its truly limited then correct its not leeching. but very hard, and truly limited arent the same. though i'd be remiss if i didnt point theres also an exception to the leeching rule where leeching itself is ok if the leeching is deemed hard enough, needless to say that one is full of opinion and problems, even worse, it results in people thinking some things that arent leeching but rather long lasting point pressing, due to not being hard enough should be counted as leeching.

some games like section z and super mario bros 2 (real smb2, lost levels) where you can even accidentally loop levels (its meant to be a punishment) have the looping explicitly outlawed. The explicit ruling out of looping isnt needed as global rules cover it, those are just two famous examples, and since the games were so well known the global rules were explicitly stated there.
    Lode Runner Champion
  3. 09-30-2020, 02:59 PM
    I think arcade Berzerk has also had the looping issue come up.
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  4. 09-30-2020, 03:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sacrieon View Post

This is helpful detail! Thank you!
    Likes sacrieon liked this post
  5. 09-30-2020, 04:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JJT_Defender View Post
    Awesome score. A WR
    I played this years ago ,this is leeching period 10 million or more by using this is easy. No player can score 10 million without using this.
    Either create a another track and let leeching or delete the score 1.9 million score since their is no video game recording. Make note that leeching is not permitted.
    There is another easier way to score more than 10 million, a certain level has a special bonus which gives you the max out score and rolls over for finishing the level without killing anyone, including the boss.

This means it's possible to beat my score without doing it the hard way and looping the levels.
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
  6. 10-16-2020, 06:25 AM
    There is a max number of lives gained. There is danger of dying. I don't see this as leeching.
    Undisputed #1 Game Wave Family Entertainment Player
    Thanks sacrieon thanked this post
    Likes sacrieon, EVN liked this post
  7. 10-30-2020, 02:49 AM
    I vote yes
  8. 10-30-2020, 05:00 AM
    After thinking more about this I am voting no. You played a great/impressive game but I believe the score is invalid due to the leeching.
  9. 10-30-2020, 02:36 PM
    As I've said before, I do not believe this is leeching.

I mentioned in a previous comment, the last level has no timer, there is unlimited enemies. If someone stayed on that level for 2 hours racking up points. That would be leeching, if you watch my run, I did not do this.

If you watch the whole run, you'll see I almost died early on looping the levels and managed to hang on with my last life, to beat the current record and complete the game.

The current record was set using the same technique.

I used the same technique to beat the PAL score and it was verified. No one challenged it.

The track rules do not mention, looping the levels is not allowed.

The track was founded in 2004 with 2 scores, the current record and another lower score.

Historically this track has allowed the technique to be used to set the score.

If someone wants to create a new track, where the rules mention looping is not allowed be my guest.
    Likes swaggers, EVN liked this post
  10. 11-03-2020, 06:55 PM
    This track has been up for a month, can people please vote on it.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Join us