Dispute: Reina Adair - Arcade - Virtua Fighter 3 - Fastest Completion [Tournament Settings] - Player: David Reed - Score: 31

Is this a valid dispute?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. Dispute: Reina Adair - Arcade - Virtua Fighter 3 - Fastest Completion [Tournament Settings] - Player: David Reed - Score: 31

10-07-2020, 07:30 PM
    Arcade - Virtua Fighter 3 - Fastest Completion [Tournament Settings]
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=924
    Rules
    Match Count [1P]: 2
    Match Count [VS]: 2
    Difficulty: Hardest
    Advertise Sound: On
    Continue: Off
    Drank: Ok
    Display Type: Optional
    VS Finish: On
    Rank Mode: Off
    Special Rules: You may freely choose any available character. Continues are not allowed!
    Player Name
    David Reed
    Original Adjudication
    N/A
    Verification Method
    Referee
    Verification Date
    1997-09-24
    Disputed Score
    31 (Rank 1)
    Disputed By
    Lauren Tyler
    Dispute Evidence / Rationale
    There seems to be some kind of mix-up with this track.

The record should be for 'Fastest Completion,' yet all we get is a 'score' of 31.

At the very least, I'd like to have the admins take a look at this and see if there's something I'm missing here, although I don't entirely believe that given how there seems to be a score when it should be time.
  2. 10-07-2020, 08:01 PM
    According to the entry for this game in the TG Official Video Game & Pinball Book of World Records (1998), the category for this track should be "Most Wins Against Other Players."

The full rule set reads:

Diff: hardest; Match Count: 2 rounds; Energy: 180; Energy Max: 180; Continuation: "Off"
    NOTE: Scores must be submitted only on 1-player game.

David Reed is credited with "31 wins" on 9/24/97 at Aladdin's Castle #05223; Iowa City, IA
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
  3. 10-07-2020, 08:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by The Evener View Post
    According to the entry for this game in the TG Official Video Game & Pinball Book of World Records (1998), the category for this track should be "Most Wins Against Other Players."

The full rule set reads:

Diff: hardest; Match Count: 2 rounds; Energy: 180; Energy Max: 180; Continuation: "Off"
    NOTE: Scores must be submitted only on 1-player game.

David Reed is credited with "31 wins" on 9/24/97 at Aladdin's Castle #05223; Iowa City, IA
    I'm having trouble understanding original rule set. Is it saying most human players you beat? two issues with that, is that it contradicts being a one player game, but also that just turns into a compettion of who can convince the most people to line up and lose to them. i feel i must be therefore interepreting this wrong, so what does it mean?
    Lode Runner Champion
    Thanks Garrett Holland thanked this post
    Likes The Evener liked this post
  4. 10-07-2020, 09:49 PM
    Excellent point, it is semantically messed up. I'll do some more digging to see if I can locate the "origin" for its inclusion in the TG record book. You're right that maybe some phone tag has been happening here.
    Thanks Snowflake, Garrett Holland thanked this post
  5. 10-08-2020, 07:24 AM
    I haven't uncovered a specific source for this performance, although I know that TG was holding at least one tournament in 1997 with the promise it would appear in the book, and it was tracking several others as well. I did uncover a mention of David Reed's performance as "31 wins" in a newspaper, but I haven't found anything yet regarding the conditions of the game. The TG Record Book also has performances listed for "most wins" on Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, but it was strictly by fighting computer opponents and seeing how long you could "repeat" the Master's Path after meeting Ermac. I'll have to read slowly through the book to see if there are other "number of win" based performances to compare against.
    Thanks Garrett Holland thanked this post
  6. 11-28-2020, 10:18 PM
    This track has been re-titled and retired.

Thank you for the correction.
Join us