Name Removal

1. Yesterday, 12:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MaristFernas View Post
    So I just found out about the outing of Todd Rogers and Billy Mitchell. It seems here guys are liars who continue to lie about their gaming abilities, especially Todd. I say the worst part is that whenever there's no footage of them playing a game, especially in Todd's case, but https://xender.vip/ instead verified by referee, the source seems very unreliable. I say they should get rid of the stuff that's verified by referee and should have footage only. I know maybe back in the early 80s, it was acceptable, but we live in the 21st century and footage is pretty much the only proof we have.
    thankyou my issue has been solved
  2. Today, 10:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by steffanhofer View Post
    why is my hp printer offline ? Trying to fix hp printer offline error. Contact our expert team for hp printers troubleshooting.
    http://hpprinterdriversz.com
    spammer detected @admin staff
    Daniel Ocampo
    Tomena Sanner
    Champion and JJT lover (not in that way).
  3. Today, 11:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixe Sukola View Post
    spammer detected @admin staff
    By quoting them and not editing out the link you are spreading the spam. ;) I would recommend editing your quote.
  4. Today, 11:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hudson124 View Post
    Unfortunately, if there is, it doesn't come up anywhere near the top of my results. I've dropped out of gaming entirely, and...there were things I said while I was involved on various occasions which I no longer agree with and do not wish to be associated with (none of this occurred on TG). I guess that's the risk of posting **** on the internet as a minor. Beyond that, everyone knows me as a completely different person now; almost no one knows that I used to be involved in this scene, and if they searched up my username they would find a lot of things I've done in the scene related to things such as preservation.

No one would ever connect the dots if my real name were no longer up here. I get where you're coming from in regards to not erasing accomplishments, but while I did have some of those on TG and elsewhere it's not something I wish to be known for in future points of my life. When I left, I tied up loose ends, set people up to continue without me, and vanished entirely. I've been meaning to get my TG account erased (or at least delete my real name from it) since I left in August 2019, and am finally getting around to it.

Thanks for your concern, though.
    Don't think erasing your name will make you disappear from the net. There are sites dedicated to archiving all the websites (such as Wayback Machine https://archive.org/web/). If people really want to look for you, they certainly will know about these. Some things you just can't erase, as in real life, unfortunately. "Erasing everything" will just give you a false sense of security.
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  5. Today, 12:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by omega175 View Post
    Don't think erasing your name will make you disappear from the net. There are sites dedicated to archiving all the websites (such as Wayback Machine https://archive.org/web/). If people really want to look for you, they certainly will know about these. Some things you just can't erase, as in real life, unfortunately. "Erasing everything" will just give you a false sense of security.
    These things were said in private servers, I just don't want that username or anything associated with it to be linked to me. Beyond those things, my "accomplishments" (using that word extremely useful in regards to media that made its way online because of my earlier efforts) are only linked via my username, so I'll probably just change that. By changing that, though it won't erase things, it will make my TG scores appear as the only part of this hobby that I was involved in.

It's more of a personal thing; most employers probably won't care since enough time will have passed by then. Most people in general won't care enough to go the Wayback Machine, and those that do likely won't care about this.
  6. Today, 12:43 PM
    if the issue is your real name connected to your screenname they may be able to change your screename for you, which might solve your issue? but i very much doubt they'd remove your real name.

screennames i've seen requests to change before, and though admin doenst have to they seem to usually honor the requests

as for real name, uncle chicken/ jonathan hale when he had a falling out with tg demanded all his scores be removed, he went so far as to state some eu law having to do with criminal past being private -- not sure how scores fall criminal past privacy laws but whatever. his request to best of my knowledge was NOT honored. scores are the history. high scores discouraged some people from going further figuring if they cant be first why try, the removal of that higher score makes their lower lackluster score look like first place just didnt care when in truth they werent first. others only put in effort to beat the score cause they wanted credit for doing better than others and removing the score would take that victory away from them. your score on a board isnt just yours it affects everyone else who since submitted.

another use, donkeykonggenius coreychambers was very upset when he voted to approve i believe 10 of his own submissions and everyone else rejected them and admin wouldnt overrule the adjudicators. he insisted his scores be removed. the request was denied. he then submitted a score where he claimed to cheat and later denied cheating (frankly i believed he lied about the cheating and never truly cheated), he did this knowing cheating gets all your scores removed. since his motive was so transparent, he did not get his way, and while he was banned his scores were not erased.

so i've seen at least two examples of people wanting their scores removed and being refused. sure, admin can change their mind whenever they want, and my comment has zero official weight, just thought i'd share with you some history and my best guess on how likley your request is to be honored.
    Lode Runner Champion
  7. Today, 01:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    if the issue is your real name connected to your screenname they may be able to change your screename for you, which might solve your issue? but i very much doubt they'd remove your real name.

screennames i've seen requests to change before, and though admin doenst have to they seem to usually honor the requests

as for real name, uncle chicken/ jonathan hale when he had a falling out with tg demanded all his scores be removed, he went so far as to state some eu law having to do with criminal past being private -- not sure how scores fall criminal past privacy laws but whatever. his request to best of my knowledge was NOT honored. scores are the history. high scores discouraged some people from going further figuring if they cant be first why try, the removal of that higher score makes their lower lackluster score look like first place just didnt care when in truth they werent first. others only put in effort to beat the score cause they wanted credit for doing better than others and removing the score would take that victory away from them. your score on a board isnt just yours it affects everyone else who since submitted.

another use, donkeykonggenius coreychambers was very upset when he voted to approve i believe 10 of his own submissions and everyone else rejected them and admin wouldnt overrule the adjudicators. he insisted his scores be removed. the request was denied. he then submitted a score where he claimed to cheat and later denied cheating (frankly i believed he lied about the cheating and never truly cheated), he did this knowing cheating gets all your scores removed. since his motive was so transparent, he did not get his way, and while he was banned his scores were not erased.

so i've seen at least two examples of people wanting their scores removed and being refused. sure, admin can change their mind whenever they want, and my comment has zero official weight, just thought i'd share with you some history and my best guess on how likley your request is to be honored.
    Yeah, I've been in contact with staff and am just going to change my username to sever what I can (which, to be fair, should be most things I've done in gaming).
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Join us