Atari 2600 / VCS - Tutankham - NTSC - Game 1 (Points) - 5,821 - william rosa

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Atari 2600 / VCS - Tutankham - NTSC - Game 1 (Points) - 5,821 - william rosa

10-16-2020, 10:56 AM
    vzaar-player

NTSC - Game 1 (Points)
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=2222
    Rules
    One-player game.
    The difficulty switches do not affect gameplay in this game.
    Submission Message
    bootup at beginning and end

system score and cart at end

@Garret Holland is in trouble. nah just kidding, i expect to come really close and fail, but i'm on an adrenaline high from that score so just having some good natured fun.

2. 10-16-2020, 11:19 AM
    Voting yes
    bootup at beginning and end
    system score and cart at end

Game starts at :05 on the video

Final score is at 26:53 on the video
    Name:  image.png
Views: 38
Size:  244.2 KB
    Game settings
    Name:  image.png
Views: 30
Size:  519.0 KB
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
  3. 10-16-2020, 05:47 PM
    Ah, good, you got past the final wave of 4, and then enjoyed some modest difficulty again. Look out, Garrett!

Accepted.
    ...God gave video games to you...
    Thanks Snowflake, Garrett Holland thanked this post
    Likes Garrett Holland liked this post
  4. 10-16-2020, 09:39 PM
    Not sure about anyone else, but Im not betting against Bill capturing the record relatively soon ... and he knows why ;-)
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
  5. 10-16-2020, 09:50 PM
    Cause I sneakily pretended to be your friend to pm you and steal tips. That long con is all coming to fruition now
    Lode Runner Champion
    Thanks Garrett Holland thanked this post
    Likes Garrett Holland, stygian liked this post
  6. 10-16-2020, 09:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    Cause I sneakily pretended to be your friend to pm you and steal tips. That long con is all coming to fruition now
    Its okay ... I like the abuse XD
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
  7. 10-16-2020, 10:29 PM
    Great score! Smart gameplay. That ending, though ... ugh! You definitely got what it takes to 10K this. Well done, and an easy yes vote!
    Thanks Snowflake thanked this post
  8. 10-16-2020, 10:41 PM
    its agonizing really. i'd say most parts of the game, if you can do it, you can do it. well except the third chamber key. for that key alone, its easy to get the key, but then tough to escape without dying. so i could see someone grabbing the key, then dying then respawning in a safer zone. for every thing else in the game though, if you die you respawn and have to do it right, so if you can do it on the third guy you could've done it on the first

meaning, the only time multiple lives matter is for third chamber key and of course random screw jobs. the randomness can be your own inabilty to focus or finger slip or things like that, or i guess it can be system failure/bugs. only place i think actual rng can affect deaths is chamber 2, third level down and chamber 4 getting the key. since chamber 4 is so often to require you to use the bomb i just treat that as non random and assume i'll need the bomb meaning i only see that one part on chamber 2 as the only random thing where the rng is honestly pretty heavily in your favor

this is a very long way of saying, i think it you beat the first 4 loops on 3 lives, then i think in theory you're not far from marathong the game on one life, its just humans have a way of messing up even things we're good at
    Lode Runner Champion
    Likes Garrett Holland liked this post
Join us