PlayStation - Cool Boarders - [PAL] Fastest Time - Novice (Stage 1) - 01:04.746 - Stephan Rüben

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. PlayStation - Cool Boarders - [PAL] Fastest Time - Novice (Stage 1) - 01:04.746 - Stephan Rüben

10-27-2020, 06:00 AM
    vzaar-player

[PAL] Fastest Time - Novice (Stage 1)
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=231037
    Rules
    - PAL Version- You may choose any Board and Character. - Cheat Codes are not allowed
    Submission Message
    Played on original hardware and captured with OBS

Setup and Screen (sorry for the mess;)):

Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  2. 10-27-2020, 04:19 PM
    Welcome Stephen Ruben to Twin Galaxies
    Great music.

No bootup,reason you will see the logo, music from playstation console system.

Stephen Ruben here some advice
    1. Always show the game console system and disk/cartyridge on all video gaem submissions.
    2. Always do a bootup/on & off, to show that you are starting a new game.
    3. Always show the game settings like difficulty,course,track,level excetra.
    4. You are allowed multiple record attempts on the same video
    5. It is good policy to do a closeup of the final results like scoring and time.
    6. Always give time stamps on were your record attempts starts on the video

Game starts at :05 on the video
    Final time is at 1:16 on the video
    Name:  image.png
Views: 77
Size:  437.0 KB
    Name:  image.png
Views: 76
Size:  263.4 KB
    Game settings
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
    Thanks Brutalsnyder thanked this post
    Likes Brutalsnyder liked this post
  3. 10-28-2020, 06:26 AM
    Hi Stephan,

The rules indicate "Cheat Codes are not allowed" yet the Snowman is not an accessible character without one. Additionally, the character can be accessed via Gameshark code and there's no evidence in your footage of "normal" use. I'm not going to suggest to reject on this premise as you're also the track founder so I have to presume that this is what you intended. Just highlighting the confusion created.

As JJT mentions, please include full boot up of the console in future so that all menu selections can confirm the "Cheat Codes" were not used. :)
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
    Thanks JJT_Defender, Brutalsnyder thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender, Brutalsnyder liked this post
  4. 10-28-2020, 08:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    Hi Stephan,

The rules indicate "Cheat Codes are not allowed" yet the Snowman is not an accessible character without one. Additionally, the character can be accessed via Gameshark code and there's no evidence in your footage of "normal" use. I'm not going to suggest to reject on this premise as you're also the track founder so I have to presume that this is what you intended. Just highlighting the confusion created.

As JJT mentions, please include full boot up of the console in future so that all menu selections can confirm the "Cheat Codes" were not used. :)
    Hi Barthax,

thank you for your reply. I will definitely follow the tips mentioned above in future submissions.

As for the snowman, i did not consider it as cheat code, since it is an unlockable character after winning all three rankings of the hardest course and pressing a combination once in the board section. After this it stays playable and becomes a "board" like any other, following the rule of "any board and character", after loading the save data, which is also within the intention of the game, i assume.

I didn't know that it's possible to play the snowman if you use a gameshark, which of course then would fall under the "no cheat codes" rule nor did i found something googling it.

I have proposed this category some time ago because it's the game i love, and oriented me in my rule proposal from the cool boarders section of a well known spreedrunning website, not realizing it might lead to some confusion, which, if it does, was definetely not my intention.

In fact i already have set up another camera already which shows the complete setup while playing and everything mentioned in the tips above to prevent further confusion :)

Thanks again and best Regards,
    Stephan
    Thanks Garrett Holland, JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes Barthax, JJT_Defender liked this post
  5. 10-28-2020, 09:05 AM
    Thanks for rounding out what I expected: that this was your intention for the rules. As you can expect, TG gets a lot of different people with different interprations on what is a "cheat code" and some people will interpret the following as a "cheat".

Quote Originally Posted by Brutalsnyder View Post
    pressing a combination once in the board section.
    As I mention, the rules are created by yourself and this is your example of your interpretation: Snowman permitted, great stuff. :D
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  6. 10-28-2020, 12:03 PM
    this sounds like a good faith mistake in track creation. it begs the question if other mistakes slipped through. i'd suggest a wall post to get help where the community helps you realize what else needs to be explicity stated. once the rules are fixed theres a very good chance admin will be willing to ammend the rules accordingly but of course i cant speak for admin just going by my experience here i suspect this is the best route to take
    Lode Runner Champion
    Thanks JJT_Defender, Brutalsnyder thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender, Barthax liked this post
  7. 10-28-2020, 01:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    this sounds like a good faith mistake in track creation. it begs the question if other mistakes slipped through. i'd suggest a wall post to get help where the community helps you realize what else needs to be explicity stated. once the rules are fixed theres a very good chance admin will be willing to ammend the rules accordingly but of course i cant speak for admin just going by my experience here i suspect this is the best route to take
    Hi Snowflake, absolutely!

i would love to follow your ideas, even if it of course would make my submission obsolete for now. Better to correct any mistakes before any more submissions are made.

My suggestions for rules would be:

Following JJT_Defender:

1. Always show the game console system and disk/cartridge in a submission
    2. Always do a bootup/on & off, to show that you are starting a new game.

new suggestions:

3. You may choose any Standard Character or Board
    3. If played with Snowman, include proof all 3 trophies in expert stage before starting a run, to prevent use of Gameshark etc,
    (@ Barthax: do you know if these trophies show up when a Gameshark is used or if you can use a gameshark to save the Snowman?

Name:  20201028_210312 (1).jpg
Views: 57
Size:  754.3 KB

4. Sound has to be provided
    (as far as i know ntsc and pal have different speaker-voices)

How should i proceed from here ? should/can i create a wall post that gets enough friction? How do i get the attention of an admin, so that the rules may be adjusted?

Thank you all very much!
    Likes Barthax, JJT_Defender liked this post
  8. 10-29-2020, 04:55 AM
    (@ Barthax: do you know if these trophies show up when a Gameshark is used or if you can use a gameshark to save the Snowman?
    I don't know, explicitly. From my perspective, I would recommend simply changing the first rule to be:

You may choose any Character or Board for the performance including the Snowman.

However, this is your track so if you always intended for explicit confirmation of the achievements, then definitely go with your suggestions. :)
  9. 10-29-2020, 04:57 AM
    4. Sound has to be provided
    This is an unusual one to define. In circumstances where the performance itself is tied to the audio (like rap/singing by the player), then I could understand it. If you are specifying it to confirm the version of PlayStation (for example), then the boot up would can be used to specify the region of the PS1 (SCEE) or the BIOS version to confirm the PS2 (SCPH-number) - there are other methods to quantify that particular aspect, is my point.
    Likes Brutalsnyder, JJT_Defender liked this post
  10. 11-01-2020, 08:04 AM
    Hi everyone,

just to give a heads up...

I have proposed a new rule set for this track in the Scoreboard errors . I hope this is the correct place to do so.

If the rules are changed, which i hope this submission will be obsolete and deleted by me...and replaced with a new one;)

Thanks @ all of you for being so supportive and helpful.

Snyder
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us