Atari 2600 / VCS - Spacechase - NTSC -- Game 5 - 6,350 - william rosa

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

    This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Atari 2600 / VCS - Spacechase - NTSC -- Game 5 - 6,350 - william rosa

    10-28-2020, 01:37 PM
    vzaar-player


    NTSC -- Game 5
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=234389
    Rules
    Game 1 = One-Player; Limited Heat-Seeking Missiles; Level Three Difficulty; Daytime Battle.Difficulty switch is players choice. The B position is easier and recommended but the A position will yield greater points.

    Submission Message
    boot up at beginning and end, score at end

    whatever forgot to show system and cart but that was never truly a rule, i try to be nice and give in, but if i forget oh well.

    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender, GregDeg liked this post
  2. 10-28-2020, 01:52 PM
    Voting yes
    boot up at beginning and end, score at end
    Game starts at :17 on the video
    Final score is at 2:08 on the video
    Name:  image.png
Views: 37
Size:  190.4 KB
    Game settings
    Name:  image.png
Views: 35
Size:  422.7 KB
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
  3. 10-28-2020, 06:13 PM
    I guess this is the more hardass level?
    The camera angle is better here. Just maybe move that bright light bit to the right, so it's not in the picture.
    Voted YES.
    Thanks Snowflake thanked this post
  4. 10-28-2020, 06:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by omega175 View Post
    I guess this is the more hardass level?
    The camera angle is better here. Just maybe move that bright light bit to the right, so it's not in the picture.
    Voted YES.
    yes "5 1" is level 5 and the 1 just tells you its one player. honestly, it would better be called 3-1. the levels go 1-1,2-2,3-1,4-2,5-1 and so on. you know the second digit is always number of players. so 5-1 would've been been label 3-1, 2-2 would've been better labeled 1-2.

    if you'll notice my other video, the bright light actually helps stop the camera from adjusting to the black screen, and counter intuitively, the bright light that close makes less glare. believe me i dont like the light in my eye, but compare this to my other video, for screens with alot of black on them, this actually helps my camera pick up details better.
    Lode Runner Champion
    Thanks stygian, JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes omega175, JJT_Defender liked this post
  5. 10-28-2020, 06:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    yes "5 1" is level 5 and the 1 just tells you its one player. honestly, it would better be called 3-1. the levels go 1-1,2-2,3-1,4-2,5-1 and so on. you know the second digit is always number of players. so 5-1 would've been been label 3-1, 2-2 would've been better labeled 1-2.

    if you'll notice my other video, the bright light actually helps stop the camera from adjusting to the black screen, and counter intuitively, the bright light that close makes less glare. believe me i dont like the light in my eye, but compare this to my other video, for screens with alot of black on them, this actually helps my camera pick up details better.
    Can you switch to a manual control of the camera, so the exposure and focus stays constant?
  6. 10-28-2020, 06:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by omega175 View Post
    Can you switch to a manual control of the camera, so the exposure and focus stays constant?
    theres no hardware controls on my camera, software in obs is of no help, and the default windows 10 software doenst help either, so if its possible i dont see how

    i understand if i want to move onto NES i'll eventually need a better camera.
    Lode Runner Champion
  7. 10-28-2020, 07:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    theres no hardware controls on my camera, software in obs is of no help, and the default windows 10 software doenst help either, so if its possible i dont see how

    i understand if i want to move onto NES i'll eventually need a better camera.
    If you are using a computer, get a Logitech webcam. Cyber Monday is coming up, so you can snag one on the cheap (hopefully). Get one of the C900 family. C920S, for example is the updated C920 that uses Windows 10 drivers and you just need the software for camera control. If it's not sold out, you can get it then on sale for around $50-60 (much less stock due to COVID). C920 is still great and I used it. C930 is more expensive. All of these do great 1080p, 720p and below videos and have good stereo sound. Great all around cameras, including video conferencing. You can toggle the automatic exposure and focus on/off with that:

    Darn, first time used a Logitech camera more than 20 years ago with ICQ and MSN Messenger.

    You can get the cheaper C615 model, but the C9xx is worth it in the long term.
    Likes Luigi Ruffolo liked this post
  8. 10-28-2020, 07:31 PM
    One more thing, these cameras have a tripod hole mount as well. Easy to mount it almost anywhere.
  9. 10-29-2020, 06:00 AM
    I actually do have a logitech, let me see if i can put the issue into words better cause it simultaneously has the options while not, that is to say they dont work right, but maybe i'm doing something wrong and you can teach me

    adjusting the brightness doesnt really adjust the brightness. Basically, imagine theres no bright line in the screen, then it adjusts to the dark. if i manually adjust it bright, that has the effect of essentailly taking a picture thats adjusted to the dark and then after the pciture is taken just brightening it. So even "adjusting" bright doesnt truly adjust it to a brighter setting, it effectively gives a photo of a photo where the intial photo is stil adjusted for dark, but then the second output photo is ajusted brite. so since the actual recording is adjusted for dark regardless of the manual adjustiments, the colors are still blurred and adjusting bright simply makes the same blurred colors brighter.
    Lode Runner Champion
  10. 10-29-2020, 06:03 AM
    side note, if i dont have to spend more money and can get this to work as it seems like it should (yet annoyingly doesnt) theres alot of darker marathon games like defender and q*bert i'd love to do
    Lode Runner Champion
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Join us