Nintendo Wii Virtual Console - Galaga - NES - Points [Marathon] - 1,432,890 - Gianmarco Fiacconi

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Nintendo Wii Virtual Console - Galaga - NES - Points [Marathon] - 1,432,890 - Gianmarco Fiacconi

10-28-2020, 07:34 PM
    vzaar-player

NES - Points [Marathon]
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=25554
    Rules
    3 Lives to Start, Bonus Lives @ 30k, 70k and every 70k thereafter.
    Special Rules: You MAY freely give up a ship to gain dual shooting ships. The No Enemy Fire trick is BANNED! [This apparently doesn't work in the Nes version, but in case someone DOES figure a way to make it work, it IS banned.]
    Submission Message
    This is my first submission (apologies if I did anything incorrect). I filmed myself playing Galaga for Nintendo Wii. I got a score of 1432890 with an elapsed time of 55:09 from the "Start Screen" to "Game Over". Evidence is in the attached video file.

Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender, Luigi Ruffolo, Bogart liked this post
  2. 10-28-2020, 08:35 PM
    Hello! This is one heck of a run!

One matter that you will be asked about is the actual console as proof you were not playing on an emulator. But it appears the console is just to the left of the monitor and camera frame. Could you please confirm?
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  3. 10-29-2020, 08:44 AM
    Yes! I did play it on the Wii console which is to the left of the screen. No emulators used. My apologies, I just decided to film quickly and didn't initially read all of the protocol for showing proper gear, etc. It's my first submission. Thank you for taking the time!
    Thanks Marco1019, JJT_Defender thanked this post
  4. 10-29-2020, 09:20 AM
    You're welcome! I had inadvertently left out a few details during my first few submissions several years ago. I was helped out by a few members and my submissions were accepted as a result. I hope this one does go through given the achievement.
    Likes johnnygwiz, JJT_Defender liked this post
  5. 10-29-2020, 10:14 AM
    Voting yes
    Welcome Gianmarco Fiacconi to Twin Galaxies
    Congradulations Gianmarco a new Wr
    1.Gianmarco you are allowed multiple record attempts on the same game video
    2. Yes , it is good to include the game console system. but you broke Wr on your first try.
    3. Also bootup on/off
    4. always show game settings like difficulty,course,level,stage etc.
    Great evidence package.

Score rolls over at 1 million points is at 38:38 on the video
    Bonus Lives @ 30k, 70k and every 70k thereafter. checks out
    Game starts at :18 on the video
    Final score is at 55:28 on the video
    Name:  image.png
Views: 25
Size:  408.8 KB
    Game settings
Views: 24
Size:  16.5 KB
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
    Thanks johnnygwiz thanked this post
    Likes johnnygwiz liked this post
  6. 10-29-2020, 04:58 PM
    I should add/clarify that you can show the hardware at the beginning of future recordings without having it sitting in the camera frame. So if you start your recording and show the console and power-up and later move your camera to focus on your screen, then that will also be accepted.
    Thanks johnnygwiz, JJT_Defender thanked this post
  7. 11-01-2020, 06:38 AM
    Twin Galaxies members you can see the Nintendo Wii Virtual console system at the bottom left corner in white of the video. It checks out All Good A Ok
Views: 11
Size:  414.6 KB
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
    Thanks Luigi Ruffolo, johnnygwiz thanked this post
Join us