Atari 2600 / VCS - Kangaroo - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B - 1,424,300 - Scott Stilphen

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Atari 2600 / VCS - Kangaroo - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B - 1,424,300 - Scott Stilphen

11-07-2020, 06:12 AM
    vzaar-player

vzaar-player

NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=3788
    Rank

Rules
    Default Settings
    Submission Message
    This is a 2nd generation copy of footage that was originally recorded over 20 years ago, so the audio is pretty low/weak. The footage is in 2 parts totaling 6+ hours. The original copy I sent to TG years ago ended with the score of 1,436,500, which is in the database. When I made a copy of the tapes for myself back then, the 2nd tape ran out with the score of 1,424,500. So this footage is the same footage I originally submitted, but since the ending score is different, and the original (1st-gen) footage isn't available online, I'm guessing this submission has to be treated separately.

Thanks nads, stygian, JJT_Defender, Ulisses Patriota thanked this post
    Likes nads, Luigi Ruffolo, JJT_Defender liked this post
  2. 11-07-2020, 02:17 PM
    Amazing Score!!
    I remember when I first discovered your Site, I saw this score and literally blew my mind!!
    The footage isn’t great ( the Kangaroo disappears a fair bit ) but it definitely proves to me the gameplay is good.

Still watching before casting my final vote.

Its still a shame your accounts couldn’t get merged.
  3. 11-08-2020, 04:26 AM
    You almost beat your wr Scott Stilphen
    A expert game play Scott
    It would be nice if you can show your Atari 2600 game console system and cartridge on you video game submission sometime in the future, it would only take la few seconds, you do own it? Your choice
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
  4. 11-08-2020, 04:34 AM
    Hi! Do you remember how long it took you to reach this score?
    Thanks

Oi! Você lembra quanto tempo levou para atingir esta pontuação?
  5. 11-08-2020, 05:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nads View Post
    The footage isn’t great ( the Kangaroo disappears a fair bit ) but it definitely proves to me the gameplay is good.
    Yep, I saw that. The setup I use to digitize the footage doesn't always get every frame, so games that have a lot of flickering in them (like Pac-Man) will have elements that drop out.

To answer everyone else's question, read my submission message :)
    Thanks nads, Garrett Holland thanked this post
    Likes nads, Garrett Holland liked this post
Join us