PROPOSAL - Future Ongoing TG Competition (Arcade/MAME)

1. PROPOSAL - Future Ongoing TG Competition (Arcade/MAME)

11-14-2020, 11:52 PM
    Hello fellow gamers:

I'm writing today with the support and encouragement of TG head custodian Jace Hall to present an idea that was borne more than 14 years ago which I am now presenting once more for community consideration, contributing commentary and suggestions.

While there will always exist to one extent or another various championships either at specific venues or major events, the titles always vary and comparing one year's winner versus any other is apples-to-oranges.

In the Olympic Decathlon, participants know well in advance what each event is and train accordingly for 4 years, and then for the next 4 years, etc. Events can, but rarely, change thus the comparison between one Olympic Decathlon winner and another is apples-to-apples event-wise, but winners differ depending on their competition.

But what if the competition was open to everyone, year after year, and not just to those who "qualified" ? What if current year competitors would be competing against not just active competitors but the legacy results of former competitors...the never-ending benchmark results of prior competitions. Better yet, what if the competition never, ever ended, so competitors could be competing year-round, at their convenience, year-after year until they were satisfied with their personal legacy bests on each event ?

Thus I present to you the proposal for "The Twin Galaxies Annual Classic Arcade Player of the Year Championship"

Twin Galaxies will select a definitive ten (10) titles which will be reflective of the best quality and combination of player skills, title challenges, title prominence and title competition legacy.

These ten (10) titles once selected will never change. Competitors will be able to submit at any time performances towards any of these titles, and once validated their score is entered into the competition database. A percentage value will be assigned based on that score's relative value as compared to the validated top competition performance at any given moment.

Therefore it is a given that only newly submitted scores, and not older validated scores, will be included.

Players become eligible for a competition ranking when they have at least one (1) submitted and validated performance for each of the ten (10) competition titles. This value is ever-changing as both higher scores may be validated from other players on any one of the event titles at any time, or the player may submit any number of higher, subsequent performances at any given time which are later validated.

Every year from inception of the competition, whoever the top ranked player is across all ten titles will win the mantle of "Twin Galaxies Classic Arcade Player of the Year" for the prior year, possibly a virtual gold trophy for first place, silver for second and bronze for third.

Possibly, depending on TG programming capacity with a player's profile, a tally of such trophies/awards can be accumulated for legacy purposes.

The competition continues year-after-year so that future generations of gamers who become aware of and join Twin Galaxies can test their arcade mettle and gaming skills against the best aggregate totals from the champions of yesteryear. And no matter how high (or low) you place in the rankings, your eligible, highest aggregate percentage total, will be forever preserved for sake of current and future competetive comparison.

In theory, for example, you may rank as high as number 25 today out of 50, 75 or 100 competitiors...but 25 years from now maybe you are still number 25 or lower out of 1000 registered eligible competitors. That's quite the legacy achievement even after you retire from competitive gaming.

Some nuances will need to be discussed and worked out such as subsequent score challenges impacting prior results. And the initial operating assumption is that all titles currently available today will still be available in years to come.

The second biggest decision to make is whether this is to be solely arcade original, solely MAME, or a mix of the two. That is also open for constructive commentary and debate. But keep in mind that decades from now submissions on arcade original hardware may be extremely difficult to guarantee, so with longevity in mind, this is perhaps the most important preliminary decision to make.

Lastly, there is no immediate rush for implementation with January 1st coming up. Such a roll-out could occur at any given time, but clearly advance planning and preparation is a must, which is why this is just a proposal at this stage and awaiting constructive commentary and debate.

Now for the BIG decision...what should the ten title composite be ?

For starters, with longevity in mind, and as certain controller types are not readily available outside of the arcade original without special purchase or construction, the goal will be to focus on what the majority of participating gamers can likely find available to them for sake of competition.

Thus, unique and rare controller types will be excluded, and those that are not common-place among MAME submitters such as but not limited to the "yoke" controller which is attributed to titles such as "Star Wars", "Return of the Jedi", "Firefox", "Turbo Sub" and "Lock-On".

Additionally, titles that have not yet been ported over into MAME or which are so rare/unique that the likelihood of worldwide player participation is null shall also be excluded. This includes "Marble Madness 2" and "Bouncer" which are so rare that most players have never even seen these.

Marathonable titles (as far as marathon settings are concerned OR titles that can be marathoned even at harder settings) will only be included if sufficient challenging settings (TGTS or other) exist to warrant inclusion.

A possibility to discuss/debate is whether a one-hour format or even 15-minute format might work best for such a challenge, to promote multiple attempts per competitor and to somewhat level the playfield.

Lastly, as this is intended to be a competition where each title has the potential to have the top score raised at any given time (thus potentially changing all elgible rankings commensurately), no title with a fixed maximum attainable score shall be included (i.e. "Pacman", "Lode Runner", "Circus Charlie", etc) as their inclusions would defeat the spirit of the competiiton.

Fortunately, however, the most beloved, popular, challenging and contested titles are more likely than not to have associated controller types which are easily accessible to the masses, including the titles themselves still being very much accessible in original arcade format to this day (though decades from now that may change).

Here below is the initial pool of "contender" titles for consideration of which a final ten (10) will be selected by Twin Galaxeies as the go-forward definitive championship roster.

INITIAL POOL OF CONTENDERS

Not just the titles, but the possible formats. Shorter duration formats promote multiple attempts per player and tend to level the playfield while simultaneously promoting "point pressing" skills)

This is just the initial list of 37 contenders to get the ball rolling, and a POSSIBLE final ten just to give you an idea of what it could be like. A lot of titles are likely excluded which are worthy contenders. Some may be excluded for one or more reasons. Titles reliant on point-perssing gimmicks early on ("Karnov", "Ghosts and Goblins" , etc) are excluded from further consideration. Titles where tricks or "warping" allow the sudden acquisition of non-standard points ("Phoenix", "Crystal Castles", "Major Havoc") are also excluded from further consideration. Titles reliant on 49-position optical joysticks such as (but not limited to) "Sinistar" are excluded for reasons of practicality.

Asteroids (60 minute, 15 minute or single ship challenge)
    Berzerk (no pattern 60 minute or 15 minute challenge or single life challenge)
    Black Widow (starting level 1, 60 minute or 15 minute challenge)
    Carnival (full game)
    Centipede (60 minute, 15 minute challenge or the dedicated 3-minute ROMset challenge)
    Defender (60 minute, 15 minute or single ship challenge)
    Dig Dug (full game, 60 minute or 15 minute challenge)
    Donkey Kong (full game, 60 minute or 15 minute challenge)
    Elevator Action (standard difficulty full game, 60 minute or 15 minute challenge OR single life challenge)
    Food Fight (full TGTS game starting from level 1, 60-minute or 15 minute challenge)
    Frogger (60 minute or 15 minute challenge)
    Galaga (full game rank "D", 60 minute or 15 minute challenge)
    Galaxian (60 minute, 15 minute or single ship challenge)
    Gorf (starting 3 lives, 60 minute, 15 minute challenge or single life challenge)
    Gyruss (TGTS, 60 minute, 15 minute or single ship challenge OR highest score after Earth, one complete loop of game, on single ship)
    Joust (full TGTS game, 60 minute, 15 minute challenge)
    Junior Pacman (60 minute, 15 minute or single life challenge)
    Make Trax (60 minute, 15 minute challenge or single life challenge)
    Mappy (60 minute, 15 minute or single life challenge)
    Millipede (starting point round 1, full TGTS game, 60 minute or 15 minute challenge OR single shooter challenge)
    Missile Command (TGTS with 60 minute or 15 minute challenge, or highest score after wave 20)
    Moon Patrol (60 minute, 15 minute challenge or single life challenge)
    Night Stocker (full game)
    Paperboy (Easy path, full game)
    Pengo (60 minute or 15 minute challenge)
    Pole Position (full game)
    Popeye (60 minute, 15 minute or single life challenge)
    Rally-X (single player, full game challenge)
    Robotron (full TGTS game or single life challenge)
    Space Invaders (60 minute, 15 minute or single ship challenge)
    Space Zap (full game, 15 minute or single life challenge)
    Stargate (60 minute, 15 minute or single ship challenge)
    Tempest (starting point round 9, full game, 60 minute or 15 minute challenge)
    Track and Field - (TGTS, full game challenge)
    Tutankham (60 minute, 15 minute or single life challenge OR highest score after stage 16)
    Warlords (single player, full game challenge)
    Wizard of Wor (60 minute, 15 minute or single life challenge)

Possible additional titles to add to the above "short list"...proposed settings TBD
    Gravitar
    Tapper
    Zookeeper

POSSIBLE TEN (10) FINAL SELECTIONS

This is in no way to suggest that these are THE ten definitive titles and challenges, but only to show the "why" behind these possible inclusions...

Donkey Kong (60 minute challenge)
    Why - a full game would be not allow most players to come close to competing on this title, while 15 minutes is a point-pressing fest for even novice players...60 minutes is in the middle. Single life option is meaningless for this title as more than a few players can do so simultaneously with 60 or 15 minute challenges

Elevator Action (15 minute challenge)
    Why - very few players last 60 minutes or longer on this title, while the game throws too many curveballs at you for single-life to be fair, so 15 minutes seemed like the best option

Frogger (60 minute challenge)
    Why - very few players will last a few hours on this title, while too many can last 15 minutes, and as a few players can last for hours on the 1st life, a 60 minute challenge seemed like the best option

Galaxian (15 minute challenge)
    Why - while a number of players can last 60 minutes on this title, most cannot, though an elite few can go well beyond 60 minutes on a single life, so 15 minutes seemed like the best option

Gyruss (highest score completing "Earth", one full game loop, single ship challenge)
    Why - the game is marathonable and even a 5-life setting would go past a million. Most players will be able to last for an hour, so the goal here is to promote point-pressing for the first loop

Pole Position (full game)
    Why - there is no other necessary choice for this title...it is a short, finite achievement well within the grasp of all gamers, thus it comes down to technique

Popeye (single life challenge)
    Why - although a few players can last an hour, most cannot, but 15 minutes is well within the grasp of most gamers yet becomes point-pressing at key moments in certain levels. Thus the single life option here seemed like the best option

Robotron (single life challenge)
    Why - the game seems far too harsh and unpredictable for a single life option, however the full TGTS game will isolate a few elite players far above the rest for the duration, so in this case the single life challenge seemed best as it is a balanced risk-vs-reward mix of both point-pressing and survivability

Rally-X (full game)
    Why - as with Pole Position there is no other necessary choice for this title...though not finite, the separation in score and levels cleared between strong and weak players is not that great, so full game for this title

Wizard of Wor (15 minute challenge)
    Why - lasting 60 minutes is all but impossible save for a very small number of elite players, and the game is too wildly unpredictable for a single life option due to the disappearing/re-appearing Wizard, so 15 minutes seemed like the best option

In reviewing these selections and the accompanying competition settings it does weigh heavily on a focus towards point-pressing more so than longevity which is why determining the final ten titles and settings should optimally be more of a balance between the two.

I am contributing this proposal with Jace's encouragement but have no interest in being harassed in any way. As such I have asked that he personally keep an eye on this posting.

Thanks in advance to all who wish to contribute towards this possible future competition proposal.

Robert
    Last edited by RTM; 11-15-2020 at 10:06 PM.
  2. 11-15-2020, 04:12 AM
    Welcome back RTM.

Thank you for coming back at my request to participate and contribute. It is important that we all move forward in a positive fashion and your suggestion of this competition in very interesting indeed!

As you know, TG has had to dedicate some resources to dealing with various issues, so there are some limitations that we must deal with - however, it would be great to see what level of interest the community may have (or additional ideas / modifications) in a competition such as this one you suggest!
    Jace Hall
    Head Custodian
    www.TwinGalaxies.com
    Thanks RTM, JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  3. 11-15-2020, 06:38 AM
    This sounds like a lot of fun! I love how it’s designed to be more accessible, and will encourage greater number of people to be involved. Almost all of these games are out of reach at the elite level, but with these parameters laid out the average players would be willing to try to be a part of it.
    Thanks RTM thanked this post
  4. 11-15-2020, 06:44 AM
    This looks like a great idea!! I'll have to reflect more on the titles, but what you've outlined as the 10 titles is probably as good as any, since the community may never come to a true consensus. I certainly suck at Donkey Kong, followed by Robotron and Wizard of Wor, but that's half the battle - staring down a game that you'll want to get better at in a competition setting.

Disclaimer: that's not to say I'm an "expert" at any of the other titles, just that I feel more competent in surviving.

This competition most definitely should be open to arcade and MAME to permit maximum participation regardless of local or access to an arcade. :)

That said, I wondered if we could tweak this proposal to include an annual in-person "summit" (tournament) over a few days at an arcade like Funspot?

Let me be the first to grieve the passing of the annual Classic Arcade tournament at Funspot, just as I was prepping to head down to my first tournament. That said, I know that a group of KLOV members started their own annual tournament for a few years (Brofest) and there was a recent gathering last year I think under a different name.

I understand that Funspot will not want to entertain any formal acknowledgement or sponsorship of a TG tournament, but given the last two examples, it seems that we could organize something under a different moniker (Gamers Incognito), keep it low key with everyone helping out as necessary as a volunteer over the two or three days of the summit, and tallying up the results. While this type of event would have to wait until the covid-19 situation improves, I think it would be *fantastic* to have something like this happen.
    Last edited by The Evener; 11-15-2020 at 06:50 AM.
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
  5. 11-15-2020, 11:55 AM
    JWillard wrote - "I love how it’s designed to be more accessible, and will encourage greater number of people to be involved. Almost all of these games are out of reach at the elite level, but with these parameters laid out the average players would be willing to try to be a part of it"

RTM REPLY - full games at the elite level, save for a select few like "Pole Position", can dissuade certain people from competing, especially when the elite level threshold is night-and-day as compared to the average player or even average expert. I cite the 4.4M TGTS "Missile Command" and 3.1M "Tapper" (a title I forget to add to the short list) as prime examples. In the actual Olympics there is a single event which could be called a "marathon", the 1500M run, otherwise all other component events are relatively short and sweet.

The Evener wrote - "This sounds like a lot of fun! I love how it’s designed to be more accessible, and will encourage greater number of people to be involved. Almost all of these games are out of reach at the elite level, but with these parameters laid out the average players would be willing to try to be a part of it"

RTM REPLY - accessibility to the masses was key in coming up with this. Rarer titles, those with unique controllers, and those with impractically lofty disparity in community skillsets (i.e. "Tron" where the elite can last 12-24 hours on a single life) were intentionally excluded. Nearly all of us in our own way "master" the earlier levels of a title, such as (another one I forgot to include) "Rush'n Attack" (aka "Green Beret") highest full game or (harder) single life score at end of Loop 1...but once Loop 2 comes skillsets at that point vary widely.

The idea of venues like Funspot having annual or even semi-annual events is a worthy one because since the competition is ongoing a venue need not even have all ten titles in the roster !! Theoretically a venue could contribute the option for players to compete on any number of the ten titles at any given point, even a different roster down the line. This would accommodate accessibility for smaller venues to host such events...easier for them to bring in extra business without having to go all out in terms of prep and acquisition. Your "composite" of scores, in theory, could be acquired at any number of events or home locales so long as they were recorded properly and submitted as per TG standards to maximize the likelihood of validation by your peers.

I did not yet consider the impact of "Arcade PC", "J-Rok", anniversary titles or any of the many other relatively newer (last 15-20 years) options as those were possible debate points that others could bring to the table and which I did not have an educated opinion on.

Some titles that I personally enjoy were intentionally left off for various reasons. "Scramble", for example. Highest score at the end of Loop 3 (where fuel consumption is maxed) is largely impacted by mystery gift randomness once you know what you are doing, and to a lesser extent with the harder Stern version. "Zookeeper" was excluded because of how a single jump (lucky or not) creates a score disparity too wide to ignore, plus it's a harder title to come by. "Galaga" was a possible consideration but at short-duration it was too much of a point-pressing challenge, and at full-game (rank "D" duration, I forget) it was out of the reach of too many players, and there was no reasonable "inbetween". Besides, I thought a shorter duration "Galaxian" or "Gyruss" would make better choices in the long run.
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
  6. 11-15-2020, 01:22 PM
    I like this idea, and appreciate you laying it out so thoroughly. I just wanted to throw some thoughts into the pot that I was thinking of while doing yard work today.

1) I wonder if there are games that can be chosen that won't rely of time (15 or 60 minutes) and yet still are relatively accessible? My concerns with time are that a) you kind of create a ceiling to the game in which a bunch of folks will eventually be grouped very close together near the top. This isn't bad in and of itself, but it does make a sort of max out effect. Perhaps this is fine, but it seems like if games that naturally reward point pressing and endurance are used, than rewarding the combination of both things is important to maintain the challenge and spirit of the game.b) as scores get pushed higher, the need for frame by frame timing will become increasingly important. We are already seeing issues arise within this realm with more frequency on console games. While it is easier on MAME, it could prove more difficult on arcade. And while I think TG is capable of implementing a system, I would be hesitant to establish a ruleset that relies on a yet undeveloped system. Getting the score after the final death would be much easier.

2) this has more to do with the selection of games. I like many of the games and rules selected. I question the inclusion of Donkey Kong, but that is a longer discussion. Pole Position sits a little to close to a game with a max score for my tastes.

I would put forth Mappy single life as a solid selection. I would also support changing elevator action and wizard of wor from a time limit to a life limit (3 perhaps?) - again referencing these ease with which we can determine a score after a death versus at the end of the time.

I'm not familiar enough with the others with time limits to comment, but thing those changes could also be beneficial.

I think Gravitar could be a solid selection (especially given the difficulty in the controls) and I think to not include track and field (as much as I'm not a fan) would be a mistake. If the purpose is to utilize games with different skills sets, then not having a game requiring finger speed seems to be a mistake.

In any case, all this is just my 2 cents. Im typing from my phone atm, so it's hard to reference the list you initially put forth, but will take a closer look tomorrow when I'm at my computer.
  7. 11-15-2020, 02:23 PM
    RTM said..........."Zookeeper" was excluded because of how a single jump (lucky or not) creates a score disparity too wide to ignore,

Robert. Easily fixed by not allowing ANY of the million point jumps to count toward the final score. In other words, you can get them, but they DON'T count.
    This would effectively make HIGH end grouping skills redundant meaning that anyone with moderate survival skills has a chance of putting up a decent score. I'd also limit it to 10 rounds + the escalator and invisible coco rounds. In other words your final score is all points before the beginning of round 11. = about a 15 minute game time.

Just a thought.

Rob. I think Jace instructed you to leave ZK out because he was scared someone might beat him :) ?

john

Likes redelf liked this post
  8. 11-15-2020, 05:17 PM
    its like a sign. i was reading old magazines and wizard of wor is a game i never played. then for atari i pllayd tunnel runner (cbs game) and decided for my next game just to go with another cbs (arbitrary decision) and thats wizard of wor. then i saw on facebook someone restoring one. then i say an arcade group i'm in sharing an old ocmmerical for it. now a competiton that has it. i am seeing wizard of wor everywhere. i'm being given a sign and i'm gonna accept it
    Lode Runner Champion
  9. 11-15-2020, 05:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by The Evener View Post
    This looks like a great idea!! I'll have to reflect more on the titles, but what you've outlined as the 10 titles is probably as good as any, since the community may never come to a true consensus. I certainly suck at Donkey Kong, followed by Robotron and Wizard of Wor, but that's half the battle - staring down a game that you'll want to get better at in a competition setting.

Disclaimer: that's not to say I'm an "expert" at any of the other titles, just that I feel more competent in surviving.

This competition most definitely should be open to arcade and MAME to permit maximum participation regardless of local or access to an arcade. :)

That said, I wondered if we could tweak this proposal to include an annual in-person "summit" (tournament) over a few days at an arcade like Funspot?

Let me be the first to grieve the passing of the annual Classic Arcade tournament at Funspot, just as I was prepping to head down to my first tournament. That said, I know that a group of KLOV members started their own annual tournament for a few years (Brofest) and there was a recent gathering last year I think under a different name.

I understand that Funspot will not want to entertain any formal acknowledgement or sponsorship of a TG tournament, but given the last two examples, it seems that we could organize something under a different moniker (Gamers Incognito), keep it low key with everyone helping out as necessary as a volunteer over the two or three days of the summit, and tallying up the results. While this type of event would have to wait until the covid-19 situation improves, I think it would be *fantastic* to have something like this happen.
    i had this concern two years ago and considering going (never would up happening). You know me, nothing i do is secret so i wanted to make sure ahead of time that would be cool and as you see below they seem find with people showing up with the intention of submitting to twin galaxies. I dont think they'd want someoen running it as an event per se, but a bunch of individualls, individually playing and recording seems to be fine.
    Name:  image.png
Views: 134
Size:  36.7 KB
    Lode Runner Champion
    Thanks The Evener, RTM, JJT_Defender thanked this post
  10. 11-15-2020, 09:14 PM
    Lexmark said - "Robert. Easily fixed by not allowing ANY of the million point jumps to count toward the final score. In other words, you can get them, but they DON'T count. This would effectively make HIGH end grouping skills redundant meaning that anyone with moderate survival skills has a chance of putting up a decent score. I'd also limit it to 10 rounds + the escalator and invisible coco rounds. In other words your final score is all points before the beginning of round 11. = about a 15 minute game time"

RTM REPLY - what I envision happening would be that point-pressing dynamics would change..trying to group one less than the quantity necessary for a 1M jump, pressing coconut stages as far as gifts plus 3 jumps at the top, and saving enough men to guarantee one stage clear each for the advanced stages or whatever hybrid point-pressing/optimization strategy works best under those conditions.

I did suggest for "MIssile Command" a score after round 20, so a stage-based threshold is not off the table for any title.

Blackflag82 said - "1) I wonder if there are games that can be chosen that won't rely of time (15 or 60 minutes) and yet still are relatively accessible? My concerns with time are that a) you kind of create a ceiling to the game in which a bunch of folks will eventually be grouped very close together near the top. This isn't bad in and of itself, but it does make a sort of max out effect. Perhaps this is fine, but it seems like if games that naturally reward point pressing and endurance are used, than rewarding the combination of both things is important to maintain the challenge and spirit of the game.b) as scores get pushed higher, the need for frame by frame timing will become increasingly important. We are already seeing issues arise within this realm with more frequency on console games. While it is easier on MAME, it could prove more difficult on arcade. And while I think TG is capable of implementing a system, I would be hesitant to establish a ruleset that relies on a yet undeveloped system. Getting the score after the final death would be much easier.

2) I question the inclusion of Donkey Kong, but that is a longer discussion. Pole Position sits a little to close to a game with a max score for my tastes.

I would put forth Mappy single life as a solid selection. I would also support changing elevator action and wizard of wor from a time limit to a life limit (3 perhaps?) - again referencing these ease with which we can determine a score after a death versus at the end of the time.

I think Gravitar could be a solid selection (especially given the difficulty in the controls) and I think to not include track and field (as much as I'm not a fan) would be a mistake. If the purpose is to utilize games with different skills sets, then not having a game requiring finger speed seems to be a mistake."

RTM REPLY - multiple suggestions per title were provided as a starting point to identify and weed out potential problems such as "score clustering" which on titles like "Pole Position" become inevitable. I'd say the goal should be to promote the possibility of always being able to increase the top score, though no matter what the title/criteria selected anything short of a full game inevitably will have some players reaching close to a theoretical cap. It is highly unlikely that a single player no matter how skilled could "cap" each title, nor is the intent to structure the list so that it makes it impossible for anyone to do so either. But I do see the inherent concern here with some title/settings resulting in score clustering, which is why this entire event proposal is up for open debate.

For some titles even 1, 2 or 3 life settings result in ridiculously lengthy performances, and while they virtually ensure a lack of "score clustering" to your other point, they do put a burden on the adjudication process. Some titles already have "TGTS" which is generally 5 lives, but some titles, including those with TGTS settings already established, can go on quite a bit even on a single life (one or both of the top "Tron" players can keep their 1st life going for 12-24 hours, for example), and it goes without saying that so can an expert Pacman (not on the list) or DK player can do same. But any of the suggested criteria are open to discussion for possibly different criteria to keep the spirit of the proposal competitive.

DK was a suggested selection because of its widespread availability should TG promote this ongoing competition to the maximum extent possible...but with an initial 37 suggested titles it's one of many and may not make the final cut, but it also carries with it game title recognition so it's of course open for debate as are all the other possibilities.

Mappy I like...I just wish it was more readily available in arcade format...but a hybrid arcade/MAME proposal allowing for both certainly eliminates that concern. And I do like the limited life suggestion. Gravitar is one that I honestly forgot about. I like the title even though I am mediocre at it.

Snowflake said - "(RE Funspot) i had this concern two years ago and considering going (never would up happening). You know me, nothing i do is secret so i wanted to make sure ahead of time that would be cool and as you see below they seem find with people showing up with the intention of submitting to twin galaxies. I don't think they'd want someone running it as an event per se, but a bunch of individuals, individually playing and recording seems to be fine"

RTM REPLY - while I cannot speak for Funspot, it is not outside of the realm of possibility for them to be asked if they could temporarily for a day perhaps line up a portion of the titles in the final selection, possibly for a service fee or competition fee to justify the labor and maintenance costs associated. It never hurts to ask. Same for a venue such as "Barcade", etc. Considering that all ten titles need not be present this makes venue participation that much more do-able for interested players. And as the proposed event is quite literally year-round there is no pre-determined time deadlines for hosting such events.
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender, Blackflag82 liked this post
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Join us