Dispute: Garrett Holland - Atari 2600 / VCS - Condor Attack - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B (Points) - Player: John P McAllister - Score: 101,177

Is this a valid dispute?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. Dispute: Garrett Holland - Atari 2600 / VCS - Condor Attack - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B (Points) - Player: John P McAllister - Score: 101,177

11-15-2020, 03:00 PM
    Atari 2600 / VCS - Condor Attack - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B (Points)
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=5094
    Rules
    Both difficulty switches must be set to the B position. This sets the player's firebase dimension at "small" (easier difficulty).

Player Name
    John P McAllister
    Original Adjudication
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php?t=168045
    Verification Method
    TGSAP
    Verification Date
    2017-04-15
    Disputed Score
    101,177 (Rank 2)
    Disputed By
    Garrett Holland
    Dispute Evidence / Rationale
    Player verbally states "Game 1" before gameplay, however, the game variation played was game 0. Screenshot of game variation 0 selected within the comments below.

I recommend moving this score to the "Game 0" track to reflect the game variation played.

Thanks Ulisses Patriota thanked this post
    Likes Ulisses Patriota liked this post
  2. 11-15-2020, 05:27 PM
    Condor Attack
    � Ultravision

Earth Base Command Directives
    Earth base has evoled one million years into the future. An intergalactic dispute erupts into an all out spacial explosion time warping civilization back to the stone age. Pitted against each other in a fight for survival is the CONDOR... Released from a thousand millenium of extinction... Larger and more ferocious than ever imagined, and mankind... In his most primitive state.

Defense Command Briefing

You are in command of the only sophisticated weapon to survive the "Millenium Warp"... You will be alone at this remote firebase and face a critical and difficult mission. You must use the galactic disintegrator and all your skill and energy to defend against this deadly invader. Carefully review these instructions, engage your equipment and concentrate your entire attention on the battle to follow.
    Difficulty switches may be at either level and should not be moved during game play.
    Select the difficulty level that your skill and courage allows:
    Left difficulty switchRight difficulty switchEarth firebase dimension
    AALarge
    BBSmall
    The larger your galactic disintegrator firebase dimensions, the harder it is for you to avoid being destroyed by the Condor's Attack on your weapons arsenal.
    Small firebases will alow quick evasion of enemy fire... This difficult decision is yours.
    Select the game you wish to play by depressing the "game select" switch in your game console. The game number will appear on the lower left hand side of the screen.
    When the great Condor was released from extinction, two smaller but deadlier nemesis were also thrown back into pre-historic time. The Nirobean Spider known for its speed in traversing great expanses of space and the vulcanian bat, venomous and destructive, with lighting agility... you can determine your choice of challenge, each has its own cunning and skill in directing its destruction upon your firebase.
    Command Objectives
    The object of this pre-historic cosmic battle is to defend Earth and mankind from being taken over by these deadly enemies and to allow the few remaining scientists to develope a way to reverse the time warp and return mankind 1000 milleniums into the future to resume normal life.
    To defend Earth use your joystick controller. Push controller forward to materialize the firebase.
    The enemy will begin attacking and bombing firebase. With controller you can move firebase to avoid being destroyed by attackers. Press the red button on your joystick to return fire and disintegrate the enemy.

Scoring damage upon attackers
    There are 6 galactic disintegrator firebases at your disposal. Points are scored by destroying the enemy as they soar above or swoop in to attack you. Different points are given for size of enemy destroyed and the level of difficulty which you have obtained in your defense of the firebase. As your progress to each level, Condors, Spiders and Bats will appear with varying frequency, but will increase the rate of descent and greatly vary the pattern of attack, even disappearing on one side of the screen and reappearing on the other side.
    Points are scored in values as follows:
    Upper Steady Attacker (small) 3
    1. Level of Difficulty (large) 10
    2. Level of Difficulty (large) 20
    3. Level of Difficulty (large) 40
    4. Level of Difficulty (large) 50
    5. Level of Difficulty (large) 60
    6. Level of Difficulty (large) 70
    7. Level of Difficulty (large) 80
    8. Level of Difficulty (large) 90
    9. Level of Difficulty (large) 99
    Extra firebases can be earned by achieving consercutive 1000 points levels (1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, etc.) up to a maximum of 9 additional firebases.
    Glen Sampson / GSampson35
    Thanks Garrett Holland, nads thanked this post
  3. 11-15-2020, 06:39 PM
    Thank you, Glen, for including the text of the manual.

The relevant information in the text that confirms the validity of this dispute: "The game number will appear on the lower left hand side of the screen."
  4. 11-15-2020, 06:45 PM
    Additional information in support of this dispute being valid:

Game 0 sprites:
    Name:  image.png
Views: 57
Size:  31.8 KB

Game 1 sprites:
Views: 56
Size:  34.6 KB

Game 2 sprites:
Views: 58
Size:  31.4 KB
    Likes nads, Ulisses Patriota liked this post
  5. 11-18-2020, 08:40 AM
    Garrett those that voted yes on the original video game submission their credibilty points deducted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett Holland View Post
    Thank you, Glen, for including the text of the manual.

The relevant information in the text that confirms the validity of this dispute: "The game number will appear on the lower left hand side of the screen."
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
    Thanks Garrett Holland thanked this post
  6. 11-18-2020, 08:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JJT_Defender View Post
    Garrett those that voted yes on the original video game submission their credibilty points deducted.
    i was the only one to verbalize a yes vote, i messed up i can accept that. regardless, whether or not someone will lose cred is irrelevant as to determining whether or not the dispute is valid.
    Lode Runner Champion
  7. 11-18-2020, 10:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JJT_Defender View Post
    Is this a statement or a question?

If it is a question, and you are asking me if yes-voter will lose credibility on a score transferred from one track to another, then the answer is the same answer I gave you last time you asked me the question, and the answer was "I don't think so, but I don't know for sure. I bet Jace knows ... perhaps you could ask him."

If it is a statement, then I would like to know how you found this information out and who would have told you this with such authority that you could reasonably believe it enough to repeat it here, with that person not bothering to tell the rest of us in any of these relevant disputes.
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  8. 11-18-2020, 11:32 AM
    I'm confused. If the dispute is accepted, then members should lose cred and John needs to submit to the correct track. Isn't that how it should work?
    Why should everyone be getting a free ride on this one (move to the correct track) ?

just wondering.

john

9. 11-18-2020, 12:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lexmark View Post
    I'm confused. If the dispute is accepted, then members should lose cred and John needs to submit to the correct track. Isn't that how it should work?

just wondering.

john

Exactly.
    Undisputed #1 Game Wave Family Entertainment Player
  10. 11-18-2020, 02:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lexmark View Post
    Why should everyone be getting a free ride on this one (move to the correct track) ?

just wondering.

john

Im not sure if that what happens. Not that anyone was implying it, but just to clarify, I'm not advocating for either losing or not losing CR ... tbh, I honestly havent even thought whether losing CR for a moved score was good or bad. I just want the score moved. I was merely opining on what I thought *would* happen rather than what *should* happen.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us