Nintendo 64 - Cruis'n Exotica - NTSC - Challenge - Atlantis - Drag Race - 09.68 - Adam Carcione

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

    You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. 11-24-2020, 04:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamo View Post
    It's definitely unfortunate, and it's definitely not TG's fault (I dont think I said it was). It really is no one's fault; just an unfortunate bug.

    That would be swell if gameshark was allowed here, but according to the people who commented at the bottom of this thread, I was told I was not allowed to use a gameshark for this game, or especially not on this site.
    Like I said man, never think that the opinion of a few members is the law of how things work here. I would have no problem accepting this submission of yours, because I understand that coming from a place like Speedrun, the requirements here may seem a little boring and unnecesary, the exact same thing happened to me, and I'm always lenient with first time submitters.

    And I repeat, I'm ok with the use of cheat codes to unlock cars, tracks, etc, I have done it myself in several games and a couple of purists may disagree but in general it's not a big deal and the submissions tend to be accepted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Adamo View Post
    Regarding recording the entire session; That in it of itself is not a big deal. I will grind for hours, recording the entire time, but once I get my time, I trim the video down to just the run, and upload it to youtube so it is enjoyable to watch (and the length of the run is pretty much the same as the length of the video). That is what I am trying to avoid. Uploading a long video for a short PB, just to have the boot up in the start of the video. I put a lot of effort into the content I upload, and I wouldn't want such a messy video like that on my channel.
    Yep, that is exactly what I used to do and I got very frustrated when I was told to leave all the fail attempts in the video because I thought I was being practical by just showing the claimed score, but trust me, you get used to it faster that you would mind. And I understand uploading a video like that to a youtube channel is really not ideal, I would never do that either, but you dont have to. Upload the raw video here and cut it for your YT channel.

    Quote Originally Posted by Adamo View Post
    There's nothing wrong with TG, it just doesn't seem like my cup of tea. Personally, I disagree with a handful of rules (esp Blanket rules across all games and player expertise (ie Desidious' opinion) not having more weight than a non-runner). As it stands now, I cannot submit any runs here due to not having the rocket on my cartridge, and I am fine with that. It is what it is.

    Other boards I submit to like haloruns for example follow the same proof standard as SRC (show clear video/audio of the whole run) so it makes it easy for me to submit there. What I am trying to avoid is having to upload a clean video of a PB to youtube/SRC/etc, and then having to upload a duplicate video of the entire session for TG. For me, personally, the reward is not worth the effort spent. Thats all it is.

    I wish the everyone here the best of luck in their future speedrunning endeavors however. I support anyone who likes beating games fast :)
    Well, I hope you give it a second try and submit a few scores here as well. Wish you the best :)
    Daniel Ocampo
    Tomena Sanner
    Champion and JJT lover (not in that way).
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender, Barthax liked this post
  2. 11-24-2020, 04:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamo View Post
    There's nothing wrong with TG, it just doesn't seem like my cup of tea. Personally, I disagree with a handful of rules (esp Blanket rules across all games and player expertise (ie Desidious' opinion) not having more weight than a non-runner).
    I forgot to elaborate on this. The opinion of Jacob, Reyna, Brandon and myself may influence people on how to vote but at the end of the day what really counts is how much credibility points each vote has. Jacob has 3500 points and Reyna has 4100, combined they have 7600, Brandon (desidious) has 13400, his vote outweights the other two members.
    Daniel Ocampo
    Tomena Sanner
    Champion and JJT lover (not in that way).
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  3. 11-24-2020, 05:13 PM
    I've removed my vote and have decided to take my future exotica endeavors to speedrun.com.

    It definitely isn't fun having the top records on this leaderboard when there are better records being shown to me and the other folks are being way more inviting. You all can have your gatekeeping, I can only take so much of seeing good gamers being snubbed here only to never return.


    Being around actual experts for this game can push these times way further and I feel honored to take a part in it.

    Yes, I will still submit many record over many games but not this game unless others pass your many invisible global rules that aren't consistent for first time submitters (remember just asking for photos of consoles to get a submission through for a first timer). Care to talk about the records Jared constantly submitting. I can't say I'm disappointed but this just how the things are going to be here now. Whatever.
    "Unable to scream
    Lips like keroscene"
    Likes Adamo liked this post
  4. 11-24-2020, 05:42 PM
    I and many Twin Galaxies members would hate to see you go, reconsider you are the worlds best and world record holder on 11 Challenge Mode Tracks.

    You own the Nintendo 64 console system & cartridge and you easily show it the view window in your recording, it only takes a few seconds not a big deal. bootup is easy on/off it is to show that you are starting a new game, simple.

    Plus , you are allowed many record attempts on record attemps and as Daniel O'campo told you that you can cut all the useless video and just the record attempt for channel. it is your choice ,please reconsider.

    Twin Galaxies is a lot better than it was with the referee era. many of old unrealistic records being taken out,in the many disputes by Twin Galaxies members from scoreboard archives.

    Twin Galaxies has many world class classic gamers here and with a lot expert players with a great deal knowledge about games.

    I had troubles with some TG members on certain Fast and Furious Super Cars / Super Cars rules. A arcade game that I JJT know everything about.
    Their are certain glitches and cheats which is on the home version of Fasta and Furious Super Cars /Super Cars that get player under a minutes as low as 8 seconds on race track normally


    4. Glitches, car simulators, use of PC home version has cheats, emulators, wall-riding, cheats, codes, clipping of the track, illegal short-cuts, or hacking of the original game programming is Prohibited.
    5. Conversion kits are allowed but must be in an arcade game cabinet.
    6. The player must show enough of the arcade game cabinet to confirm that the correct peripherals like a steering wheel, pedal, and gear stick are being used. Game settings are not required to be seen.


    ADDITIONAL INFO
    Some of the glitches are listed below for reference:


    - Creating a Turbo boost off objects like buildings, bridges, roads, trees, etcetera, can get a player unrealistic speeds from 500 to 995 mph


    -Getting stuck in any object in mid-air during a jump is prohibited. A player's vehicle must remain in motion while executing jumps.


    -Creating a flip sequence that extends beyond the normal bounds of the game's programming.


    -Utilizing prohibited shortcuts or clipping of the track were a player can skip huge parts of the track

    I JJT know about the different tracks with vehichle 1. flips,2. rolls 3. heli and time for each and the special cars the advantages the that other cars do not. on Exotica 64 excellent game played it years ago

    Adam Carcione


    https://www.speedrun.com/cruisn_exotica_n64/individual_levels

    Name:  image.png
Views: 61
Size:  1.04 MB
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
  5. 11-24-2020, 05:54 PM
    I and many Twin Galaxies members would want you to stay and submit your world records for Cruis'n Exotica Challenge mode Drag racing times to Twin Galaxies

    If you need help or have questions please ask Twin Galaxies staff @admin staff @SincerelyFranny @TWIN GALAXIES or the owner @Jace Hall
    or any Twin Galaxies members they be glad to help.

    To finish from my last reply
    Their are certain glitches and cheats which is on the home version of Fasta and Furious Super Cars /Super Cars that get player under a minute only 2 tracks not all 27 as low as 9 seconds on race track normally would take 1:35-40 seconds to finish the race track Mojave but not 9 seconds that is CHEATING it is on the PC version of Fast and Furious Super Cars / Super Cars./

    Happy Thanksgiving to you Adam Carione and your family & friends
    God bless you
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
  6. 11-24-2020, 07:52 PM
    I am a newbie nobody. I am also just a rule follower that is going off of what I have seen the past few months. Personally I want this site to be the biggest and most used in the net. TG needs to reclaim its spot as the authority on gaming records. I have a record on here that I am embarrassed to have as it’s been destroyed over on speed runs. I’d rather be beat here than to know mine counts as a record yet that is out there. With that said there has to be standards. And honestly I can’t wrap my mind around it being that big of a burden. Not much is asked for. I hate that people walk away over 15 seconds of video.
    Thanks JJT_Defender, Ulisses Patriota thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender, Ulisses Patriota liked this post
  7. 11-25-2020, 09:23 AM
    The competitive gaming world is moving on at a quick pace when this place is still crawling. No one can say anything about standards when Jared submits or JJT adjudicate.

    Now this other world has opened up to me and I see how TG is perceived to be a bunch of prudes. I love that I have seen Adamo's beautifully painted and REAL n64. I love the fact he unlocked the rocket car and still throws this place the middle finger so you guys won't get to see better times here. You don't deserve it anyways.
    "Unable to scream
    Lips like keroscene"
    Likes starcrytas liked this post
  8. 11-25-2020, 12:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Desidious View Post
    I love the fact he unlocked the rocket car and still throws this place the middle finger so you guys won't get to see better times here. You don't deserve it anyways.
    So you and him are leaving because you guys couldn't follow the simple rules that everybody else follows. Talk about growing up a spine.

    Well, you guys will be missed. Wish you the best.
    Daniel Ocampo
    Tomena Sanner
    Champion and JJT lover (not in that way).
  9. 11-25-2020, 01:04 PM
    All his wr's on speedrun can be beaten or tied I JJT can when get the N64 and the game
    Quote Originally Posted by Desidious View Post
    The competitive gaming world is moving on at a quick pace when this place is still crawling. No one can say anything about standards when Jared submits or JJT adjudicate.

    Now this other world has opened up to me and I see how TG is perceived to be a bunch of prudes. I love that I have seen Adamo's beautifully painted and REAL n64. I love the fact he unlocked the rocket car and still throws this place the middle finger so you guys won't get to see better times here. You don't deserve it anyways.
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
    Likes fredb999 liked this post
  10. 11-25-2020, 01:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixe Sukola View Post
    So you and him are leaving because you guys couldn't follow the simple rules that everybody else follows. Talk about growing up a spine.

    Well, you guys will be missed. Wish you the best.
    You aren't listening. When it comes to Exotica, I'm going to the SRC because there are better times and more camaraderie, sharing of ideas and strategies.

    Look at this place dude, it's like Studio54 with the gatekeeping. I get it though, you submit everywhere and are number 1 on almost every leaderboard you touch, you've got the time to cater to the community's whims. You're the 10% that sticks around and have it made here. That 10% isn't **** to brag about though. It's sad.

    But no one needs to come at me or any new user with the word "consistent" because this place is far from it. The community chooses what direct capture is accepted or whatever else they want to nitpick and has nothing do with actual video evidence.
    "Unable to scream
    Lips like keroscene"
    Thanks Pixe Sukola thanked this post
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 73
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Join us