Nintendo 64 - Cruis'n Exotica - NTSC - Challenge - Atlantis - Drag Race - 09.68 - Adam Carcione

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

    You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. 11-25-2020, 01:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Desidious View Post
    You aren't listening. When it comes to Exotica, I'm going to the SRC because there are better times and more camaraderie, sharing of ideas and strategies.
    I completely agree with this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Desidious View Post
    Look at this place dude, it's like Studio54 with the gatekeeping. I get it though, you submit everywhere and are number 1 on almost every leaderboard you touch, you've got the time to cater to the community's whims. You're the 10% that sticks around and have it made here. That 10% isn't **** to brag about though. It's sad.
    Yes, I would say I'm very fortunate that my current work allows me to dedicate time to videogames and I also agree that in comparison to other sites, TG is not the most welcoming or intuitive, I have said that since I joined. The credibility and submission points makes it much more complex compared to speedrun or cyberscore for example and as a result most new members don't stick around. I completely agree that changes have to be made in order to fix this.

    But in this case I think there was an overreaction from you and the new member, at the first comments about not showing the whole session (which is the most basic standard requirement) you exploded saying how bad it is that other members who haven't played the game have more weight than you and the submitter immediately said he didn't care about this place and wasn't willing to make any changes to adhere to the rules for one reason or another so, what's left for us to do? So a senior member is trashing the site and the new member doesn't care enough, I dont think there's much l can do to try to convince members to stay in this case.

    I could have easily backed you up with my vote on this one, but as you have admitted yourself "you are overly agressive" and immediately go to the "TG is garbage" thing rather than trying to find a solution.

    In all seriousness Brandon, you seem to have been unhappy with this place for years, almost every change or topic here is a dissapointment to you, maybe speedrun is closer to what you are looking for. I much rather see a happy gamer thriving in a different site than a bitter one here. So I really mean this, I absolutely wish you the best.
    Daniel Ocampo
    Tomena Sanner
    Champion and JJT lover (not in that way).
    Likes swaggers liked this post
  2. 11-25-2020, 01:28 PM
    Well to be honest, I didn't really leave, I just can't really submit runs. I know you, Pixe, have personally stated that you would vote yes to a submission that uses gameshark, but the fact of the matter is that many others told me I could not. I appreciate you would vote yes, but ultimately, it seems like the submission would be denied.

    Besides, of the 4 people who run this game here, only one of them is like, still around and is happy to talk about the nuances of playing Exotica (Desidious). On SRC, we have many more runners who play this game, and a discord for the entire series of Cruis'n games where we all hangout, talk, come up with strats, etc. I just don't see the need to submit to this board when there is a more populated and legitimate board on speedrun.com.

    The only way it would be even remotely worth it to me to submit here is if I could submit my 12 Drag Race WR's video (all 12, only the races, back to back in one video), however just from gauging the opinions on this thread, that sort of video would be completely lacking in "proper proof" (which I personally disagree with, but site rules are site rules). There is a better chance of it raining cats and dogs than me going back, and putting tons and tons of hours into beating my own records with "proper proof", only to submit them to a lesser leaderboard. It's just an unfortunate reality that the runs I currently have will not pass verification on these boards, and I am personally not willing to go back and beat them for the sole purpose of uploading here, when a better alternative that will accept those videos already exists.

    Also JJT, I would love to see you try haha. You say you don't have an N64 or the game itself, yet you think you can beat times on src such as my Exotica NG time? A time that easily took 50 hours total of grinding in a game I have studied for a very long time? Good luck with that.

    For the record, I think my times *are* beatable, but probably not by someone who doesn't even own the game or the console it is for.
    Thanks Pixe Sukola thanked this post
    Likes Pixe Sukola liked this post
  3. 11-25-2020, 01:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Desidious View Post
    But no one needs to come at me or any new user with the word "consistent" because this place is far from it. The community chooses what direct capture is accepted or whatever else they want to nitpick and has nothing do with actual video evidence.
    The only issues some have had with my direct capture is to have a camera record the NES boot up and do some obvious action to confirm the direct capture came from an NES.
    Then this request was never brought up again when I didn't do that.

    I have not been asked to show the console, yet others have been requested to do so.
    All my direct capture goes through with little to no issues! Yet, others have issues.

    Why is there such an inconsistency here?
  4. 11-25-2020, 01:40 PM
    And just to be clear on the timeline here, this is what happened regarding my runs

    -I got the Atlantis WR, with no gamshark, posted it here.

    -I made the transparency video showing that my gameshark just came in the mail, and that I would need it for other levels

    -I was told (before Pixe arrived) that that was not okay, and those submissions would be rejected.

    -Knowing they would be rejected, I filmed my runs as I always do, not taking any TG rules into account since, they would be rejected anyway.

    -I got all 12 drag race WRs

    -Thread blows up and people are saying that I can submit runs with gameshark, and that its all about the individual and who decides to vote.

    The issue is, that its too late. I already got those records, and already recorded them in the way I did. Had I been told that even with
    gameshark, they would be accepted, then I probably would have been perfectly fine with showing the boot up, what cheats I was using (all cars), and loading the game. The issue is, I can't go back in time and do it. Those records are already done. I can't film something in the past.

    So now im stuck here, on 11/25, with a ton of records, and no way to submit them here. What am I supposed to do? Im not going to re-get those records, and for any new records I decided to sporadically get, it rubs me the wrong way to submit them here as this site will show I only have 2 Exotica runs, when I really have a ton. Im pretty much just stuck between a rock and a hard place, but the fact of the matter is that I literally can't do anything about the fact that my runs won't pass proof standards here, and I cant change that.
  5. 11-25-2020, 01:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixe Sukola View Post
    I completely agree with this.



    Yes, I would say I'm very fortunate that my current work allows me to dedicate time to videogames and I also agree that in comparison to other sites, TG is not the most welcoming or intuitive, I have said that since I joined. The credibility and submission points makes it much more complex compared to speedrun or cyberscore for example and as a result most new members don't stick around. I completely agree that changes have to be made in order to fix this.

    But in this case I think there was an overreaction from you and the new member, at the first comments about not showing the whole session (which is the most basic standard requirement) you exploded saying how bad it is that other members who haven't played the game have more weight than you and the submitter immediately said he didn't care about this place and wasn't willing to make any changes to adhere to the rules for one reason or another so, what's left for us to do? So a senior member is trashing the site and the new member doesn't care enough, I dont think there's much l can do to try to convince members to stay in this case.

    I could have easily backed you up with my vote on this one, but as you have admitted yourself "you are overly agressive" and immediately go to the "TG is garbage" thing rather than trying to find a solution.

    In all seriousness Brandon, you seem to have been unhappy with this place for years, almost every change or topic here is a dissapointment to you, maybe speedrun is closer to what you are looking for. I much rather see a happy gamer thriving in a different site than a bitter one here. So I really mean this, I absolutely wish you the best.
    Come on man, you know exactly why I've been so frustrated with this place and it mainly doesn't even have to do with me but others. I also get that I'm only really angry here and I always try to get back her with the thought that I'm going to stay positive but the community or administrator makes me realize that this is a futile endeavor right off the bat. I will say my interactions with certain members has permanently planted this feeling of disdain that will take a while to heal but I've devoted 5 years of my life here making tracks, learning about games, and competing with others for the first time ever. I really really try to see the positive and I've even been working on myself a lot this year (my social media friends here can attest to that) and it is going to take time.

    I want to limit my interactions with others here but I'm a naturally social creature. The friendships I'm making because of this submissions is well warranted because I can see another side to a gaming community that isn't this place.

    I've always had hopes and dreams for this place and I was wide-eyed for a couple of years still clinging on to the hope. I refuse to give up because I'm not a quitter, I just get so wound up defending others for the toxicity of this place that I become toxic myself. I see it. I know it. But I won't stop fighting the ridiculous amount of gatekeeping this community does thinking they are some experts on this games. Watching a video once doesn't make anyone an expert.
    "Unable to scream
    Lips like keroscene"
    Thanks Pixe Sukola thanked this post
    Likes Pixe Sukola liked this post
  6. 11-25-2020, 01:54 PM
    Look, Daniel. This.

    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/218408

    I get that I shouldn't let this get to me but this is one our highest credible members. This is the person that those outside of here talk about and he's allowed to run rampant to an extent.

    I made sure to let the Cruis'n community see his remark and now they want to hit up his Dave and Buster's that he has such unbeatable times at.

    This guy is the tg mascot.
    "Unable to scream
    Lips like keroscene"
  7. 11-25-2020, 01:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Desidious View Post
    Come on man, you know exactly why I've been so frustrated with this place and it mainly doesn't even have to do with me but others. I also get that I'm only really angry here and I always try to get back her with the thought that I'm going to stay positive but the community or administrator makes me realize that this is a futile endeavor right off the bat. I will say my interactions with certain members has permanently planted this feeling of disdain that will take a while to heal but I've devoted 5 years of my life here making tracks, learning about games, and competing with others for the first time ever. I really really try to see the positive and I've even been working on myself a lot this year (my social media friends here can attest to that) and it is going to take time.

    I want to limit my interactions with others here but I'm a naturally social creature. The friendships I'm making because of this submissions is well warranted because I can see another side to a gaming community that isn't this place.
    Yes you also have helped this place a lot with the creation of lots of leaderboards an inaugural submissions for them, which to me is the best way to make TG grow. And I'm happy to hear that you are trying to stay positive and that you are getting to know other gamers outside of this place.

    Quote Originally Posted by Desidious View Post
    Watching a video once doesn't make anyone an expert.
    I honestly 100% believe those guys don't see themselves as experts, they just informed the new member about the most basic requirements of this place: recording from the beginning of the session and posibly showing hardware. And I believe they did it in the most honest way to help the new member and without claiming any expertise on the game itself.

    You are an expert, Adam is ovbiously too, I would back you up as well, that's 3 members, 2 of us with very good credibility, supporting this. The submission can definitely still be accepted, but I understand for all the reasons you guys explained if you just don't care about it passing or not anymore.
    Daniel Ocampo
    Tomena Sanner
    Champion and JJT lover (not in that way).
  8. 11-25-2020, 02:00 PM
    Not much you can do with one member having 41k credibility without being truly credible.

    You know why they have a those global boot up rules, sir? Because actual experts don't need to see a boot up of a console to judge if the gameplay has changed in any way. It's like adjudicating on tg is like putting a game on easy mode.
    "Unable to scream
    Lips like keroscene"
    Likes fredb999 liked this post
  9. 11-25-2020, 02:22 PM
    Adam Carcione try competing against me JJT on the arcade racing game Fast and Furious Super Cars / Super Cars on 27 race track courses. Adam if you live in or near a big city I am sure their will be a arcade racing game Fast and Furious Super Cars / Super Cars there.
    You try really to beat my JJT World Records
    #1. Fastest Race Times
    2. Biggest Drift Chain
    3. Most Drift Time
    4. Most Trcks Adam these tricks 1. Flip 2. Roll 3. Helicopter takes time off your overall time
    5. Most Air Time
    6. Biggest Drift (In one direction)
    7. Biggest Jump (On one jump, time in the air)

    Adam Carcione here are the Rules below they are easy to follow and you do not have to show game settings and you can just play and record. No pressure.
    1. 1 Player only
    2. Any car,modifications,transmission,difficulty, & any start or checkpoint bonus time is allowed. Normal short cuts are ok.
    3. 4 Turbo boost, 1 at the start and 3 in reserve
    4. Glitches, car simulators, use of PC home version, emulators, wall-riding, cheats, codes, clipping of the track, illegal short-cuts, or hacking of the original game programming is prohibited.
    5. Conversion kits are allowed but must be in an arcade game cabinet.
    6. The player must show enough of the arcade game cabinet to confirm that the correct peripherals like a steering wheel, pedal, and gear stick are being used. Game settings are not required to be seen.

    Nawer I JJT played Cruis'n Exotica N64 & arcade years ago and of course it will take some attempts but I JJT have done before. and other great players can tie or break your wr's.

    Adam Carcione a few questions
    1. Can you Adam achieve or get close to your Cruis'n Exotica 11 drag racing Challenge mode wr's on a new video game recording and without the special cars or using game shark.

    Let be known that I am totally ok you using Gameshark to access the special cars becuase they are faster and better for world record attempts so long as every Twin Galaxies member player can do the same, a equal and competitive playing field for all.

    2. Why do you need the original the 11 wr game recording for Cruis'n Exotica 11 drag racing Challenge mode wr's on the N64 console system? can you not breaking them or get close to your original wr's?

    3. Why is so hard to show the N64 game console system & disk and bootup on/off that would take a few seconds in your view screen on the recording really easy to do.

    You do what is best for you God bless you and your familt and friends
    Happy Thanksgiving




    Quote Originally Posted by Adamo View Post
    Well to be honest, I didn't really leave, I just can't really submit runs. I know you, Pixe, have personally stated that you would vote yes to a submission that uses gameshark, but the fact of the matter is that many others told me I could not. I appreciate you would vote yes, but ultimately, it seems like the submission would be denied.

    Besides, of the 4 people who run this game here, only one of them is like, still around and is happy to talk about the nuances of playing Exotica (Desidious). On SRC, we have many more runners who play this game, and a discord for the entire series of Cruis'n games where we all hangout, talk, come up with strats, etc. I just don't see the need to submit to this board when there is a more populated and legitimate board on speedrun.com.

    The only way it would be even remotely worth it to me to submit here is if I could submit my 12 Drag Race WR's video (all 12, only the races, back to back in one video), however just from gauging the opinions on this thread, that sort of video would be completely lacking in "proper proof" (which I personally disagree with, but site rules are site rules). There is a better chance of it raining cats and dogs than me going back, and putting tons and tons of hours into beating my own records with "proper proof", only to submit them to a lesser leaderboard. It's just an unfortunate reality that the runs I currently have will not pass verification on these boards, and I am personally not willing to go back and beat them for the sole purpose of uploading here, when a better alternative that will accept those videos already exists.

    Also JJT, I would love to see you try haha. You say you don't have an N64 or the game itself, yet you think you can beat times on src such as my Exotica NG time? A time that easily took 50 hours total of grinding in a game I have studied for a very long time? Good luck with that.

    For the record, I think my times *are* beatable, but probably not by someone who doesn't even own the game or the console it is for.
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
  10. 11-25-2020, 02:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JJT_Defender View Post
    Adam Carcione try competing against me JJT on the arcade racing game Fast and Furious Super Cars / Super Cars on 27 race track courses.

    JJT he never challenged you. You are the one saying you can beat his times on N64, why don't you try to do it?

    It is a lot easier to get a N64 and that game than to look for a Fast and Furious machine.
    Daniel Ocampo
    Tomena Sanner
    Champion and JJT lover (not in that way).
    Thanks Adamo thanked this post
    Likes Adamo, Snowflake liked this post
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 73
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Join us