Atari 2600 / VCS - Video Chess - Quickest checkmate - 02:20.0 - Rafael Santos

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Atari 2600 / VCS - Video Chess - Quickest checkmate - 02:20.0 - Rafael Santos

11-17-2020, 04:16 PM
    vzaar-player

Quickest checkmate
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=212039
    Rules
    The timer begins when the cursor first touches the first piece that you move -- not to be confused with the first piece the cursor touches. If the cursor just moves over one piece to get to another for example then that does not trigger the timer starting. However, if you do move the piece, then the time started the moment the cursor touched that piece whether you selected it or not. The timer ends when you put the last piece in position to achieve checkmate. Whether you officially dropped the piece or not is irrelevant, once its in position the time stops.
    Submission Message
    Video Chess
    Level 8
    Fast checkmate in 2 minutes and 20 seconds

2. 11-17-2020, 04:34 PM
    The time on the video is shorter than 2:20, and even then you didn't pick a piece until a few seconds in, meaning your time would be less than what you claimed it would be.

Also, you did not show your console nor did you show it booting up at all. I have to reject this.
    Lauren Tyler
    Eternal Champion of Ragol
    Thanks Garrett Holland thanked this post
    Likes Ulisses Patriota liked this post
  3. 11-17-2020, 08:19 PM
    Hi, Rafael. You chose game 8 here, an easier version. Game 1 was used in the other submissions. I know, I know, level 1 diff B is not outlined in the rules, but this is what was meant and what it should be, to promote a level playing field. These rules and the track title should be changed to reflect game 1BB to avoid confusion. I'm sure you can do well on game 1, try another submission, and please add more evidence as request in the other post. Thanks.

Voting no.
    ...God gave video games to you...
    Thanks Garrett Holland, Luigi Ruffolo thanked this post
  4. 11-17-2020, 08:37 PM
    this was my bad, i just plain didnt think about difficulty, so i didnt mean anything by it one way or the other. however, i do agree with levle playing field. and i guess i basically envisioned just turning it on, so sure, i guess at least subconsciously i meant default settings. I have no objection the rules/title being updated if thats what people want.

i can of course also make derivatives if people want multiple options
    Lode Runner Champion
    Thanks Garrett Holland thanked this post
  5. 11-18-2020, 02:43 PM
    Boa noite Rafael.

Tudo bem? Espero sim.

O vídeo precisa ser enviado com mais detalhes.
    Mostre o console desligado, as chaves de dificuldade, O cartucho, a TV e depois ligue o console. Dê foco na tela e ao fim tire o foco e mostre tudo novamente (console, cartucho e desligando tudo).

As vezes são aceitos vídeos com evidência fraca. Tipo, apenas um vídeo de captura com fotos do console. Mas esses erros de avaliação tendem a ser afastados mais cedo ou mais tarde. O ideal é não dá brecha para contestação.

Por estes motivos terei que votar NÂO.

Mudarei o meu voto no caso de você possuir o vídeo completo e se ele trouxer melhores evidências.
Join us