Sega Dreamcast - Hydro Thunder - NTSC - Lake Powell [Fastest Race] - 01:57.048 - Mike Ali

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Sega Dreamcast - Hydro Thunder - NTSC - Lake Powell [Fastest Race] - 01:57.048 - Mike Ali

11-23-2020, 08:30 PM
    vzaar-player

vzaar-player

NTSC - Lake Powell [Fastest Race]
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=1876
    Rank

Rules
    This is a 1 Player Variation ONLY! Although you don't need to be in First place, you MUST complete the race for your time to count.
    Any vehicle may be used.
    Submission Message
    Hi there, Attached is video of me completing the Lake Powell course of Hydro Thunder on Sega Dreamcast 1 player mode in 1:57:48. Let me know if more verification or proof is needed. Thanks!

-Mike Ali

Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  2. 11-23-2020, 08:34 PM
    Hi there, I just submitted this but looks like I typo'd the milliseconds. It should say 1:57.48 instead of .048. Not sure how to go about fixing that.

-Mike Ali
  3. 11-23-2020, 09:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiliam View Post
    Hi there, I just submitted this but looks like I typo'd the milliseconds. It should say 1:57.48 instead of .048. Not sure how to go about fixing that.

-Mike Ali
    Unfortunately, you can't "fix it", per se. When a typo has occurred on an already submitted score/time, the best course of action would be to do the following:

1. Vote no on your own submission. You do not get penalized for having your submission become not accepted. In fact, you actually *benefit* when you vote no on your own submission if the score/time was entered incorrectly. You will gain 3 credibility rating points and earn 1 submission point.

2. Ask the community to vote no on your incorrect submission.

3. Resubmit the same exact performance under a new submission, and ensure you enter the correct score/time.

The down side, especially for new players, is that each submission costs 3 submission points, and everyone starts out with zero submission points plus one cost-free submission, which is already used up.

The good news: you earn 1 submission point each by correctly voting on other people submissions. You can find submissions to vote on here --> https://www.twingalaxies.com/forumdi...n-Performances

I always encourage new members to pick 5 or 10 very short (less than 5 minutes total gameplay time) submissions to vote on, like Angry Birds or car racing games. They generally complete the adjudication process in exactly 24 hours rather than days, weeks, or months like all other submissions. Do this for a couple of days in a row, voting correctly on each one, and you will begin to earn submission points at a rate faster than you will ever use them. Remember, you only need 3 submission points to submit another time/score, and you can submit as soon as you get 3, which can easily happen within the next 24 hours.
    Thanks Keiliam, Pixe Sukola, JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JWillard, Keiliam, fredb999, JJT_Defender liked this post
  4. 11-23-2020, 09:13 PM
    By the way, this is a superb evidence package. Original hardware, track, and time all easily confirmed. Very thorough. This will be an easy yes vote for me once you resubmit with the correct time. Well done!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	581.0 KB 
ID:	120575
    Thanks Keiliam, JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  5. 11-23-2020, 09:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett Holland View Post
    Unfortunately, you can't "fix it", per se. When a typo has occurred on an already submitted score/time, the best course of action would be to do the following:

1. Vote no on your own submission. You do not get penalized for having your submission become not accepted. In fact, you actually *benefit* when you vote no on your own submission if the score/time was entered incorrectly. You will gain 3 credibility rating points and earn 1 submission point.

2. Ask the community to vote no on your incorrect submission.

3. Resubmit the same exact performance under a new submission, and ensure you enter the correct score/time.

The down side, especially for new players, is that each submission costs 3 submission points, and everyone starts out with zero submission points plus one cost-free submission, which is already used up.

The good news: you earn 1 submission point each by correctly voting on other people submissions. You can find submissions to vote on here --> https://www.twingalaxies.com/forumdi...n-Performances

I always encourage new members to pick 5 or 10 very short (less than 5 minutes total gameplay time) submissions to vote on, like Angry Birds or car racing games. They generally complete the adjudication process in exactly 24 hours rather than days, weeks, or months like all other submissions. Do this for a couple of days in a row, voting correctly on each one, and you will begin to earn submission points at a rate faster than you will ever use them. Remember, you only need 3 submission points to submit another time/score, and you can submit as soon as you get 3, which can easily happen within the next 24 hours.
    Thanks for the information! I just voted no on my submission and I will go through your steps in order to resubmit via reviewing other submissions. Thanks again!
    -Mike
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes Garrett Holland, JJT_Defender liked this post
  6. 11-23-2020, 09:51 PM
    Hi there, just pinning this to the top in case anyone drops by the vote. I incorrectly input the milliseconds - should be 1:57.48 instead of .048. Please vote no as I will resubmit when I am able to.

Thank you and apologies for the confusion.

-Mike
    Thanks Garrett Holland thanked this post
  7. 11-24-2020, 12:48 AM
    Welcome to TG, Mike!

I'm always happy when I see somebody submit scores to the Dreamcast leaderboard, it's one of my all time favorite consoles. Like Garrett said this is a great evidence package and I look foward to your future submissions.

Voting No due to typo.
    Daniel Ocampo
    Tomena Sanner
    Champion and JJT lover (not in that way).
    Thanks Garrett Holland, Keiliam thanked this post
    Likes Keiliam liked this post
  8. 11-24-2020, 10:01 AM
    Voting No as requested by the submitter.
Join us