Dispute: Andrew Mee - Intellivision Flashback - Sharp Shot - Maze Shoot - Player: Richard Weidmann - Score: 51

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 12-19-2020, 12:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by timmell View Post
    I avoid them cause I don't know enough about those games. So my purpose to avoid them is valid.
    So is not that they were below you, but the complete opposite, they are so complex that you are scared to adjudicate them incorrectly.

Now I can't tell if you are being serious or not. If you are, just give them a try, you will learn all you need to adjudicate them in about 5 minutes.
    Daniel Ocampo
    Tomena Sanner
    Champion and JJT lover (not in that way).
    Likes IntyFanMatt, Rickster8 liked this post
  2. 12-19-2020, 02:12 PM
    Perhaps we should take the discussion on how to improve the credibility / dispute system in another post. As for this specific dispute.. its valid IMO and should be removed from the current track. Good for Mr Sroka for catching the difference and asking the right questions before other submissions got through.

I started a wall post for those that want to continue the conversation on the current state of credibility and the dispute system. https://www.twingalaxies.com/myownwo...dispute-system
    “Politicians are people that get sworn in and then cursed out”
    ~AEN
    Thanks Garrett Holland, Desidious thanked this post
  3. 12-19-2020, 04:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by timmell View Post
    I have been saying that for years to reduce down to Original vs other. But "WE "can't pull the trigger. Only a dedicated commissioner could.
    No, we (being not involved with TG) can't change TG's policy in regards to any of these. All we can do is offer suggestions.

Years ago, when the former chief ref was complaining about the backlog of tapes to be reviewed, I suggested putting limits on submissions, such as only accepting scores that (if accepted) would be in the top-10 scores for the game in question, or limiting how many track variations for a given title could be created. Given the ref in question, my suggestions were of course immediately discredited. The same ref's solution turned out to be allowing all refs to self-enter scores (in other words, the 'cure' was far more damaging than the 'disease'). Given how many plug-n-play systems exist overall (several hundred, with more every year), and with emulator-based systems now a reality, the magnitude of a site like TG accepting scores for *every* platform in existence is ... daunting. It's a similar issue with accepting scores for prototypes or hacks. With prototypes, TG doesn't track which specific versions are used, and with hacks, the number of titles in existence is probably second compared to pirate versions (which TG also accepts scores for but doesn't track specific versions).
    Thanks Garrett Holland thanked this post
  4. 12-19-2020, 05:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott S. View Post
    No, we (being not involved with TG) can't change TG's policy in regards to any of these. All we can do is offer suggestions.

Given how many plug-n-play systems exist overall (several hundred, with more every year), and with emulator-based systems now a reality, the magnitude of a site like TG accepting scores for *every* platform in existence is ... daunting. It's a similar issue with accepting scores for prototypes or hacks. With prototypes, TG doesn't track which specific versions are used, and with hacks, the number of titles in existence is probably second compared to pirate versions (which TG also accepts scores for but doesn't track specific versions).

Totally agree with you there. I have whole other argument on the overuse of creating tracks. Or creating tracks within tracks. Example, tracking every difficulty on every song in Guitar hero. While hoping on one foot. :)
  5. 12-20-2020, 01:59 AM
    @timmell's characterisation of the CR is simply "another end" of the usage factor: personally the SP blocks submissions. I can't fault him for experience his view of "good use" of the adjudication process.

@timmell's characterisation of someone hitting like over multiple subs quickly is not a true reflection of what someone may do. I sometimes vote on a bunch in sequence (especially single videos with consecutive subs), opening a new tab per submission thread - watching in a different window. I'll then just like + close the tabs at the end. The receipt of multiple back-to-back likes does not confirm anything.

I'd suggest taking the rest of the discussion over to the "Decisions needed?" TG wall post: https://www.twingalaxies.com/entry.php/8877
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  6. 02-04-2021, 08:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixe Sukola View Post
    If you voted correctly and you still lost points, like in this case, the system should give you back the points you lost, after the disputed is accepted. If this is not happening, then that is the problem and I'm with you.
    Over a month has gone by. Cred still not restored. Cause these disputes have not been accepted. My cred should be around 3900- 3950 based on these intv subs and the time I have spent the past month voting diligently on the few subs. The system is broken.
  7. 02-11-2021, 06:26 PM
    This performance will need to be resubmitted under the appropriate EMU version of the track.

As a courtesy, we have created EMU versions of all Intellivision Flashback tracks so the original submitter should be able to find them and resubmit the performance.

Unfortunately, we can not simply move this performance to it's corresponding EMU track as that would circumvent the appropriate CR calculations related to this adjudication.

Thank you.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Join us