NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom - NTSC - Fastest Completion - 14:14.65 - Trevor Sandras

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom - NTSC - Fastest Completion - 14:14.65 - Trevor Sandras

04-10-2021, 02:44 AM
    vzaar-player

NTSC - Fastest Completion
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=9794
    Rank
    Rules
    Factory Default
    Special Rules: Clock starts when you first take control of Ryu on the first level and ends with the final strike on final boss the BIO-Noid at 7-6A. Down+A Slash technique IS permitted. NO codes allowed! You MUST complete the game or your record/attempt will be disqualified.
    Submission Message
    At the start of the video I show the power on of the console, I show my setup, the wires, console inputs, etc. Afterward, at 53:45 is when I fail a run, reset, and start the successful run.

Additionally, I played on a original Nintendo Toploader console model NES-001, using an original controller model NES-004, using the original USA NGIII cartridge. Going by the rules for start and stop times, and a frame count in Sony Vegas, my time would be 14 mins 14 secs 650 ms.

Thank you in advance to those who watch this for verification.

Thanks Pixe Sukola thanked this post
  2. 04-11-2021, 03:22 PM
    Wow! Great run! I've seen several NG3 runs, however, I've never played it. At what point does the player gain control of Ryu?

Name:  Start A.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  66.0 KB

Name:  Start B.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  68.2 KB

... or neither place?
    Thanks Toploaded Gaming thanked this post
    Likes Toploaded Gaming liked this post
  3. 04-11-2021, 08:28 PM
    Assuming the timing methodologies / count is correct I will be voting yes. It looks like Garret is trying to figure that out already, so I will wait until that's sorted.
    Thanks Toploaded Gaming thanked this post
    Likes Toploaded Gaming liked this post
  4. 04-12-2021, 08:12 PM
    According to the rules it says when I gain control, unlike the ending screen, the start comes up instantaneously, so putting it in for my example Sony Vegas to see frame by frame, I would guess it starts at the first frame with Ryu at the top left, your first pic example, assuming it is the first frame the the level, and Ryu show up. I did a Time Counter in Sony Vegas from that start frame to the first frame that the Drone (end boss) is defeated as per my understanding of the rules. Thanks man!
    Thanks Garrett Holland, Pixe Sukola thanked this post
    Likes Garrett Holland liked this post
Join us