PlayStation 2 - G1 Jockey - 19 GRADE 1 RACES, WITH TWO MORE RACES RUN OVER 1000m & 3600m QUICKEST TIME ONLY.

Donate and help activate this track:

Voters
    You have no permission to vote this track.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. PlayStation 2 - G1 Jockey - 19 GRADE 1 RACES, WITH TWO MORE RACES RUN OVER 1000m & 3600m QUICKEST TIME ONLY.

01-05-2021, 06:45 PM
    Platform
    PlayStation 2
    Game Name
    G1 Jockey
    Description
    19 GRADE 1 RACES, WITH TWO MORE RACES RUN OVER 1000m & 3600m QUICKEST TIME ONLY.
    Score Type
    Elapsed Time

FOLLOWING RACES ARE GRADE 1s---NAMED RACES WITH EXPECTED WINNING TIMES OR QUICKER.
    SPRINT GOLD CUP-1.10.0
    1000 GUINEAS-1.37.3
    2000 GUINEAS-2.03.5
    THE OAKS-2.30.1
    THE DERBY-2.30.0
    VICTORIA CUP-2.17.1
    GOLD VASE-3.25.2
    CORONATION-1.36.0
    THAMES-1.36.2
    SPRINT TROPHY-1.10.5
    AUTUMN-2.04.0
    ST LEGER-3.14.0
    CHAMPION-2.02.8
    HEATHER-2.16.0
    QUEENS-1.36.2
    NATIONAL-2.29.6
    FILLIES-1.38.1
    FUTURITY-1.36.3
    ARC-2.37.4
    NEXT TWO RACES ARE UNIQUE DISTANCES.
    CADRAN CUP 3600m-3.55.5
    DASH 1000m-58.0

Rules
    PLAYING SEASON MODE ONLY, FROM ROOKIE TO CHAMPION(s) CONTINUE MULTIPLE SEASONS AFTERWARDS, DURING EVERY SEASON, 19x GRADE 1 RACES ARE RUN. PLUS TWO MORE GRADED RACES RUN OVER 1000m DASH + 3600m CADRAN CUP.
    PLAYERS MUST ENTER THEM RACES TO NOTE THE WINNERS FINISHING TIMES...FASTEST RACE TIMES WANTED..
    ANY PAL/NTSC OR OTHER VERSION WELCOME...
    NOTE; NOT G1 JOCKEY (2), (3), (4) OR HIGHER WANTED.

2. 01-08-2021, 05:48 PM
    10 pts donated
    Cheers!
    Thanks Alantheace thanked this post
    Likes Alantheace liked this post
  3. 01-09-2021, 10:38 AM
    Hi - I have a few questions for clarification on the proposed rules..

- Is this the aggregate time of all 19 Grade 1 Races and the two special distance races?
    - Is this achieved in 1 season or throughout your career?
    - Do you need to use the same horse or can you use any horse in your stable?

Its been some time that I played the Techmo horse racing games so hopefully my inquiries make sense.

Thanks!
    “Politicians are people that get sworn in and then cursed out”
    ~AEN
    Thanks Alantheace thanked this post
  4. 01-09-2021, 11:31 AM
    Q1 NO THESE ARE TIMES WHICH I HAVE BETTERED IN MANY SEASONS IN CAREER.I PLAYED OVER 100 SEASONS AND STILL CONTINUEING.
    Q2 ITS A ROLLING GAME, WHICH ONLY STOPS WHEN THE PLAYER DECIDES TO CALL IT A DAY,FINISH.
    Q3 EACH HORSE HAS ITS OWN ABILITIES, SPRINT,MILE,MIDDLE,LONG,CLASSIC. THE VERY SAME HORSES WILL RETURN IN LIKE EVERY 8TH YEAR...
    MY FAVS ARE MONDIAL AND PEN CELEBRE, I HOPE I BEEN CLEARER.
  5. 01-10-2021, 06:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alantheace View Post
    Q1 NO THESE ARE TIMES WHICH I HAVE BETTERED IN MANY SEASONS IN CAREER.I PLAYED OVER 100 SEASONS AND STILL CONTINUEING.
    Q2 ITS A ROLLING GAME, WHICH ONLY STOPS WHEN THE PLAYER DECIDES TO CALL IT A DAY,FINISH.
    Q3 EACH HORSE HAS ITS OWN ABILITIES, SPRINT,MILE,MIDDLE,LONG,CLASSIC. THE VERY SAME HORSES WILL RETURN IN LIKE EVERY 8TH YEAR...
    MY FAVS ARE MONDIAL AND PEN CELEBRE, I HOPE I BEEN CLEARER.
    Hi AlantheAce -

First of all... 100 seasons is dedication! Congratulation on that feat alone.

I think I get what your goal is for this track but please correct me if I'm wrong. You want to create track leaderboards for the 21 races (19 Grade 1 and the 2 special distance races). This will help you compare what you accomplished in your 100 seasons of racing compares to other players. As an example, "Sprint Gold Cup" is one of Grade 1 races and therefore an individual TG track is needed. Otherwise the times from all the races will be combined in the same track leaderboard. As its written now, times from the sprint races will be compared with times from the longer endurance races. I don't think this is what you want.

In most racing games, individual tracks are set-up for each individual circuit. I don't think this horse racing game is any different. If the same set of rules apply to all 21 races, you can spawn derivative tracks (TG track leaderboards) for other 20 once the first track is fully sponsored and in the Twin Galaxies database.

Here is an example of how the first track could be set-up

PlatformPlayStation 2
    Game NameG1 Jockey
    DescriptionNTSC/PAL: Grade 1 Race - Sprint Gold Cup - [Fastest Time]
    Score TypeElapsed Time
    Rules- Season Mode Only
    - Player Must Complete the Race and Display the Finish Time

A couple of additional comments that might help...

Twin Galaxies / Track Leaderboards are listed under a specific game. G1 Jockey is a series of games that consist of G1 Jockey 1, G1 Jockey 2, G1 Jockey 3, and G1 Jockey 4 that were released on the Playstation 2. You'll need to pick a specific game in the series that was released for the PS2 platform.

The last item in the rules you created is confusing. It seems like you want to allow this track to accept multiple games from the series but its not clear which ones and as stated in the comment above, the TG database structure is not designed to handle this type of track well. I can still be done but it could cause difficulty for user to find the specific track, especially if tracks are created for specific G1 Jockey games, and may cause issues with any future database consolidation / structural improvements. That being said... its your track so you are free to create it as you see fit.

Could you clarify which of the G1 Jockey games are eligible? The statement below sounds like none and all four games are wanted.

NOTE; NOT G1 JOCKEY (2), (3), (4) OR HIGHER WANTED.
    “Politicians are people that get sworn in and then cursed out”
    ~AEN
    Likes Barthax liked this post
Join us