Stance on Arcade 1Up machines and WR Scores?

1. 01-12-2021, 11:47 PM
    I've just had a thought;
    Galaga appears in more than one Arcade1up cabinet. It has it's own cabinet, and also comes in the Pacman counter cabinet.
    Would all Arcade1up installations appear in the same track, or would there be tracks for each cabinet?
    Likes Garrett Holland liked this post
  2. 01-12-2021, 11:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuffy64 View Post
    I've just had a thought;
    Galaga appears in more than one Arcade1up cabinet. It has it's own cabinet, and also comes in the Pacman counter cabinet.
    Would all Arcade1up installations appear in the same track, or would there be tracks for each cabinet?
    depends how the track creator choses to create the tracks. admin creates platfroms but we create the tracks under those platforms
    Lode Runner Champion
    Thanks Garrett Holland thanked this post
    Likes Tuffy64 liked this post
  3. 01-13-2021, 02:58 AM
    I'm wondering if platforms would be created through each individual machine, both cabinet and counter-cade cabinet, to avoid confusion in case of duplicate games, including Pacman and Galaga?
    Thanks Garrett Holland thanked this post
  4. 01-20-2021, 11:52 AM
    Maybe we need to have @TWIN GALAXIES weigh in, but my feeling is that we should err on the side of maximum participation and in that spirit let's have each game title as a "stand alone" track under the Arcade1up category, regardless of the Arcade1up cabinet type. In other words, a gamer would find "Galaga" under Arcade1up and would submit their scores to this track, regardless if they are using a cab with two games, or 7 games. Unless or until the competition on these tracks becomes super-intense and people begin to feel strongly about the subtle differences between the Arcade1up game revisions, I would vote for gamers competing on the same leaderboard.
    Thanks Garrett Holland, Tuffy64 thanked this post
  5. 01-20-2021, 11:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by The Evener View Post
    Maybe we need to have @TWIN GALAXIES weigh in, but my feeling is that we should err on the side of maximum participation and in that spirit let's have each game title as a "stand alone" track under the Arcade1up category, regardless of the Arcade1up cabinet type. In other words, a gamer would find "Galaga" under Arcade1up and would submit their scores to this track, regardless if they are using a cab with two games, or 7 games. Unless or until the competition on these tracks becomes super-intense and people begin to feel strongly about the subtle differences between the Arcade1up game revisions, I would vote for gamers competing on the same leaderboard.
    This is correct.
    Jace Hall
    Head Custodian
    www.TwinGalaxies.com
    Thanks The Evener thanked this post
    Likes Garrett Holland liked this post
  6. 01-20-2021, 12:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JoelofTarth View Post
    Players are able to bring up the Game Configuration menu by holding the Player 1 button for 5 seconds. It will pop up an option to leave the game for one of the other games, or to enter the Config menu. There shouldn't be a problem making the rules for the Catagory the same as the Arcade version. I have been playing on "Expert" difficulty anyway this entire time.
    Could you confirm what other settings are included when you go to the Config menu? I see these fields in the arcade version - are they all applicable to the Arcarde1up set-up? If so, what are they currently set to when you play?

Difficulty: Expert
    Damage Level: Normal
    Timer Speed: Normal
    Mode Select: Free Select
    Game Speed: Free Select
    1P Max Round: 3
    2P Max Round: 3
    Event: Off
    Special Rules: You may freely choose any available character. [Including Machine Unlocked Secret Characters] You may freely choose your Mode and Game Speed. Continues are not allowed!
  7. 01-20-2021, 12:28 PM
    I checked to see if the same thing applied to Street Fighter and TMNT's cabinets. Holding P1 for 5 seconds simply returned me to the menu, so I'm presuming these settings don't pop up for those cabinets.
  8. 01-20-2021, 10:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by The Evener View Post
    Could you confirm what other settings are included when you go to the Config menu? I see these fields in the arcade version - are they all applicable to the Arcarde1up set-up? If so, what are they currently set to when you play?

Difficulty: Expert
    Damage Level: Normal
    Timer Speed: Normal
    Mode Select: Free Select
    Game Speed: Free Select
    1P Max Round: 3
    2P Max Round: 3
    Event: Off
    Special Rules: You may freely choose any available character. [Including Machine Unlocked Secret Characters] You may freely choose your Mode and Game Speed. Continues are not allowed!
    @The Evener
    So, I went through the Test Menu, and I noticed it was a little different from the rules.

The biggest difference is that in the Test Menu for Arcade 1UP, you unable to change the 1p and 2P Max Round settings. Howver, since the "max round" is default to 3 for both, this isn't an issue.

Other than that, all other settings as you stated above are correct, and should be accepted as the rules for Arcade 1UP.

@Tuffy64

I believe the Test Menu is specific to games that were tied to the the CP and CP2 system that Capcom made. The "Game Options" menu is present in X-men vs Street Fighter, Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter, and Marvel vs Capcom. Arcade 1UP added the option to go into the "Test Menu/Game Options" by holding the Start Button.
    Thanks The Evener thanked this post
    Likes Tuffy64 liked this post
  9. 01-23-2021, 05:29 PM
    I just submitted my first run!

This is super exciting! Feel free to take a look at it. I show off the Test Menu and how it looks from a Cold Boot: https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...6=#post1107956
    Likes The Evener, Tuffy64, bensweeneyonbass liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Join us