PlayStation Portable - Gran Turismo - Driving Challenge - Step A - 1: Stop 100 meters ahead! (Fastest time) - 09.67 - Marco Mazzini

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. PlayStation Portable - Gran Turismo - Driving Challenge - Step A - 1: Stop 100 meters ahead! (Fastest time) - 09.67 - Marco Mazzini

01-12-2021, 03:45 PM
    vzaar-player

Driving Challenge - Step A - 1: Stop 100 meters ahead! (Fastest time)
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=230729
    Rank
    Rules
    Player may use a saved game to access unlocked licences.Wall Riding is prohibited. (Wall Riding is the act of using a wall to maneuver around a corner instead of attempting the corner normally).
    Submission Message
    I'm submitting this for two reasons:
    1) There are no submissions for this game;
    2) I want to check if a run on a modded PSP will be accepted.
    The system is a PSP 1004, Custom Firmware 6.61 Pro-C Infinity. This mod allows to load homebrew software, backup games and many other stuff. You can see how the "System Info" section looks @00:38.
    Console boot at the beginning, the actual run starts @9:14, time shown @9:37.
    I still don't know what's causing the hum at the beginning, apologies for that.
    Feel free to leave a comment for questions/clarifications.
    Enjoy!

Thanks Pixe Sukola thanked this post
    Likes Pixe Sukola, MyOwnWorstEnemy liked this post
  2. 01-12-2021, 08:03 PM
    Great run, accepted!

As long as it doesn't affect gameplay, consoles that have been modded to run games from USB or SD memories, are allowed. The only thing I would recomend is that you change the language to English, otherwise it is very difficult to adjudicate correctly.
    Daniel Ocampo
    Tomena Sanner
    Champion and JJT lover (not in that way).
    Thanks Mazz1983ita, JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes Barthax, JJT_Defender liked this post
  3. 01-12-2021, 11:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixe Sukola View Post
    As long as it doesn't affect gameplay, consoles that have been modded to run games from USB or SD memories, are allowed.
    Just what I thought, wanted to be 100% sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixe Sukola View Post
    The only thing I would recomend is that you change the language to English, otherwise it is very difficult to adjudicate correctly.
    That's new, but if this helps, I will comply.
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes Pixe Sukola, JJT_Defender liked this post
  4. 01-13-2021, 12:21 AM
    It's not a manually-timed run so the track is unaffected by the difference in load mechanism. Good hardware confirmation is always a boost to use an non-standard method & you've got that covered too. :) Accepted.
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
    Likes Pixe Sukola, JJT_Defender liked this post
  5. 01-13-2021, 01:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    is always a boost to use an non-standard method & you've got that covered too.
    I can bring lots of topics for this conversation, since almost every single console I own is modded in some way. If you remember, some time ago I started a discussion about a SuperCIC mod for the SNES and we had a nice chat about that.
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...es-or-No/page1
    Thanks Barthax, JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes Barthax, JJT_Defender liked this post
  6. 01-13-2021, 02:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazz1983ita View Post
    I can bring lots of topics for this conversation, since almost every single console I own is modded in some way. If you remember, some time ago I started a discussion about a SuperCIC mod for the SNES and we had a nice chat about that.
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...es-or-No/page1
    As RaGe mentioned in that other thread, the old TG was very strict about mods: video output mods and a strict list of third-party cartridge replacements (Harmony cart/Everdrive). The new era TG (~2015) is a far more fluid era but it still takes time to become comfortable with the specifics of any new piece of hardware.

Alas, one of my flaws is failing to remember people & interactions! I work in support and daily flit between a very large number of people and wide range of subject matter, so I'm used to juggling multiple subjects and remembering repetitive subject matter. However, the "who, when & where" aren't necessary to the understanding & remembering the "how & why" - which is necessary to the rapid conclusion of cases. So, I can easily remember that SNES & NES are exceptional cases of region difference (for example) but the who, when or where I might have discussed it aren't going to be recalled without some kind of trigger (and it wasn't until skimming through the thread that the trigger happened in this case)! Just the way my brain works. :( Look forward to building a memory of who to turn to for a myriad of different modded scenarios (in addition to the likes of Scott Stilphen, for example). :D
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  7. 01-13-2021, 09:05 AM
    Looks good to me!
    “The easiest way to solve a problem is to deny it exists”
    ~Isaac Asimov
    Thanks Mazz1983ita thanked this post
  8. 01-13-2021, 11:24 AM
    Voting yes
    A Wr Marco and welcome to Twin Galaxies
    Game starts at 9:14 on the video
    Final time is at 9:37 on the videoName:  Screenshot_20210113-132250.png
Views: 9
Size:  355.1 KB
    Game settingsName:  Screenshot_20210113-132426.png
Views: 9
Size:  465.5 KB
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
    Thanks Barthax, Mazz1983ita thanked this post
Join us