PlayStation Vita - Air Race Speed - Tier 1 - Stage 1 [Fastest Race] - 20.38 - Daniel Ocampo

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. PlayStation Vita - Air Race Speed - Tier 1 - Stage 1 [Fastest Race] - 20.38 - Daniel Ocampo

01-13-2021, 07:42 AM
    vzaar-player

Tier 1 - Stage 1 [Fastest Race]
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=216565
    Rank
    Rules
    • The player may choose any available vehicle.
    • The player may choose any controller configuration.

Submission Message
    Run starts at 24:56
    No, my hands are not invisible, I'm using a PS4 controller to play. Please watch the beginning of the video.
    Thanks for watching!

Thanks JJT_Defender, Almighty Dreadlock thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  2. 01-13-2021, 08:38 AM
    Voting yes
    Game starts at 24:56 on the video
    Final time is at 25:58 on the videoName:  Screenshot_20210113-103742.png
Views: 17
Size:  474.6 KB
    Game settingsName:  Screenshot_20210113-103052.png
Views: 18
Size:  444.2 KB
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
    Thanks Pixe Sukola thanked this post
  3. 01-13-2021, 08:40 AM
    1. Can get clearer picture of the final time?
    2. So a player is allowed to use a game controller.
    Great we time Daniel
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
    Thanks Pixe Sukola thanked this post
  4. 01-13-2021, 08:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JJT_Defender View Post
    1. Can get clearer picture of the final time?
    2. So a player is allowed to use a game controller.
    Great we time Daniel
    1. At the end of the video I got my cellphone closer to the screen and it is very clear that the time is 20.38
    2. I don't see why there would be any problems with a player using a controller from the same company (Sony), the controller is not giving me any advantages. And if there was a doubt about wether is allowed or not, it would be up to the creator and founder of the track to decide, which is me. So I say it is allowed.
    Daniel Ocampo
    Tomena Sanner
    Champion and JJT lover (not in that way).
  5. 01-13-2021, 10:22 AM
    I would say using a controller to play the Vita is in the same vein as using an A/V output on a handheld to display it on a TV. That was debated once (that I saw) on a PSP submission as an "unfair advantage" but was ultimately accepted.

Anything that's first party and designed to work with the system in question I have no issue with. I am but one adjudicator, and I don't mean to say precedents should stand whether good or bad when extrapolated to additional areas of consideration, but considering that the console permits the use of controllers I would need to see some real proof that this provides more of an advantage other than preferring another controller to the buttons on the handheld.

I'll be voting yes if none such proof can be provided that there is some unfair advantage gained here. There is precedent for using a variety of controllers for consoles (see Sega Genesis controllers on Atari 2600 which is fine by me too, or using one of several remotes like the WiiU provides for where any of the first party controllers like the Wiimote or the WiiU gamepad or the Classic Controller can be used) and there is precedent on handheld consoles that controller and video configurations are discretionary (PSP video out to TV, using either a GCN or the GBA itself to control the GB Player on GCN).
Join us