https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=3397
    Rank

Rules
    Switch No.1 @ B3 Located On Sound I/O P.C. Board
    1-9 = OFF/UNUSED
    10 = OFF
    Switch No.3 @ D14 Located On Sound I/O P.C. Board
    1-4 = OFF
    The following settings must be changed within the Service Mode via the Machine Setup Option;
    Difficulty Level: 3
    1st Extra Base Awarded @ 30,000 Points
    Extra Base Awarded Every 30,000 Points Up To A Maximum Of 3
    Note: The above Dip Switches, are not only the FACTORY DEFAULT settings, but are also the correct Twin Galaxies Tournament Settings for this title.
    Submission Message
    I own a copy of the stand up version of Spy Hunter. I purchased the unit last July from Pinball PA in Aliquippa PA. My previous high score was 812390 and I started playing the game at around 9 PM eastern time (I live in East Palestine, OH) on 1/15/21 (it was midway through the 3rd period of the Penguins-Flyers game.) The game lasted over 2 hours and I was able to call my son down from his room to video record the portion of the game where I broke 1 million points. Pictures and video are forthcoming.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20210115_231057728.jpg   IMG_20210115_231054937.jpg  
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
  2. 01-17-2021, 05:47 PM
    Voting yes
    Welcome Timothy Kinkead to Twin Galaxies
    Questions to you Timothy
    1. Do you have the complete video of the game play, if not it will be hard to past adjudication process by TG members?
    2. Can you get a picture or video the Arcade Spy game dip switch game settings, PCB CPU ?
    Not a Wr but you would be in 2nd place?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210117-193041.png 
Views:	200 
Size:	135.7 KB 
ID:	123550

Game starts at on the video
    Final score is at :14 on the videoClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210117-193938.png 
Views:	171 
Size:	439.6 KB 
ID:	123551Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210117-194121.png 
Views:	171 
Size:	343.6 KB 
ID:	123552
    Game settings is at on the video
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
  3. 01-17-2021, 07:47 PM
    Welcome Timothy! Great to see other arcade players. In my short time on here I've noticed a majority of console and MAME submissions.

I know you don't want to play and video a whole game (as you said in your video), but I reckon you have some wicked skills in this game and you could to do just that. Also film the PCB/dipswitches in the same video which will be all the evidence needed.

It's a problem to give a definitive YES vote without seeing the correct rules settings on the board dipswitches. It's obvious to me that you are good at the game and know it well just from the watched video. The PCB/dipswitch shots in the video would have been a def yes. The problem is the submission is open for future dispute without all the evidence.
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  4. 01-17-2021, 08:02 PM
    Going by the manual, it seems you couldn't actually play the game with any of the dipswitches set to ON. As they put the machine in test modes.
    So my conclusion is the dipswitches would have to be correct to even play, does this sound correct?

The complexity comes in with setting up the machine in Service Mode via the Machine Setup Option;
    Would you need to video the setup mode? Then restart and play the game?

I think I'm leaning to a YES at the moment unless there is some setting that allows for an unfair advantage?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails spy_hunter_dipswitches.jpg  
    Thanks Luigi Ruffolo, JJT_Defender thanked this post
  5. 01-17-2021, 08:35 PM
    Hi...I am not really sure what any of the technical discussions are about but would be happy to check into it. How do I access a screen that shows the settings? If I can provide more info without having to disassemble the machine, I'd be happy to. I have been flirting with the 832k score for a long time (as you can see by my leader board)and decided to play some Spy Hunter once the Penguins started getting handled by the Flyers on Friday. I got to 300k before losing my first guy but then lost two by 330K. I almost quit then but figured that I'd invested enough time to play it out for a top 10 finish. I didn't think my best score would come that night, but when it became possible, I had to then turn on my phone(which was almost dead) in between weapons vans and then call my son to come down with his phone...I was actually kind of lucky to get any of it on video! I hope the score will count...thanks for your consideration.

PS- After playing this game and what I went through, does anyone know the details of the famous 9 million point game? Was it on the stand-up machine? Was there a different setting to allow more than 7 total cars? Considering what I went through to get over 1 million points, that is an amazing score! The game, especially on the icy roads stages, is so easy to die in that 2 hours plus of it left me completely fatigued.
  6. 01-17-2021, 08:45 PM
    What are the PCB/dipswitch shots? Can I take pictures of these and if so, how do I access them? I purchased this machine in July and do not know what these are.
  7. 01-17-2021, 09:55 PM
    It is a very good score. However, I'm going to abstain until you post the full gameplay video.
    Jared Oswald
    World record holders on "Guitar Hero", "Rock Band" and Sonic games.
  8. 01-17-2021, 10:06 PM
    JJT, you have been warned many times not to spam the submissions with your screen captures. Last time you were told you could only post 2 small ones, but now you are posting giant ones and not limiting yourself to two anymore. I hope you don't need some time out again. @SincerelyFranny
    Daniel Ocampo
    Tomena Sanner
    Champion and JJT lover (not in that way).
    Thanks Blackflag82 thanked this post
  9. 01-17-2021, 10:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by trivia212005 View Post
    It is a very good score. However, I'm going to abstain until you post the full gameplay video.
    My apologies, videos are shown. Accepted!
    Jared Oswald
    World record holders on "Guitar Hero", "Rock Band" and Sonic games.
  10. 01-17-2021, 10:36 PM
    You can find the manual here.
    https://www.gamesdatabase.org/Media/...lly_Midway.pdf
    Apparently there is an 'Options' menu if you go into 'service mode', but no idea how to access 'service mode' on the machine.

Had a look in the MAME 'machine setup' to see what was in there as they are usually set to factory default.
    It seems the factory default on MAMAE is as per the rules and I'm going to assume Timothy wouldn't have modified these.
    The screen looks like this.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spy_hunter_setup.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	303.3 KB 
ID:	123576
    If you can set 'service mode' and get to the screen and take a photo without modifying it, that would confirm the settings as correct or not.

Really it's going to be whatever it was set to when you bought it and the only way to know is get to that menu.
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Join us