Single Pac Man Pattern?

1. Single Pac Man Pattern?

02-11-2021, 11:40 AM
    Apologies if this is not the place to ask this. I have just joined TG and this is my first post! I received a Ms. Pac Man cocktail Table machine for Christmas courtesy my wife, which was modified to add more games. So now I am re-living my arcade glory years from the 1980s!
    I'm relearning the classic Pac Man patterns and have been reading up on all the amazing scores and myriad patterns that are now available.
    But I have always wondered if anyone has ever developed a single "unified" Pac Man pattern that could work on all levels?
    I have seen quests for perfect scores, and quickest screen clearance times, etc. But what is the fewest number of patterns that could be used to beat the game?
    Again apologies if this isn't the proper place to post this, and forgive this old "noob"
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender, bensweeneyonbass liked this post
  2. 02-16-2021, 07:04 AM
    Hi

I do not think someone has tried one pattern across all boards yet due to iteratively play one pattern up to the 9th key.

Reason be is that the beginning boards, mid fruit boards and the one second boards the ghosts do not move the same
    with related to the initial start position and relative positioning across the board of current/in motion pacman postion
    when a pattern is followed.

That is why there are different patterns getting each board a perfect eat.

What one can do is working on a pattern just to clear the board without eating the ghosts at all.

To achieve this one would rather work with different 9th key patterns that do work on 8th, 7th, 5th key.

Rework those on the mid fruit boards to clear the boards only. Maybe tweak the pattern a bit just to clear
    the boards instead of stick to exact same move each corner.

The only pattern that do work for each board is as follows:
    - Wait for ghost reversals 59 to 54 seconds
    - Group all the ghosts
    - Park Pac-man on upper right corner, blind spot just above the ghost box
    - Move pac-man such to clear each corner without each ghost, use powerpills to redirect ghosts through the tunnel.

See the "Pac-Man 9th key pattern - Tunnel Terror"

Which keep the ghost around the ghost box and in/out of the tunnels with reversals using the powerpills.

After wait for reversal to happen at each board, grouping the ghosts, use Tunnel Terror logic.

Now you will the same logic to follow regardless the board.

You will just play twice the time getting to the killscreen; due to wait for reversal (59 seconds to 54 seconds, depend upon the level)
    plus grouping the ghosts at each board for few seconds plus to clear the board - another 40 to 50 seconds.

You will be able to play till the killscreen without a perfect eat follow the above method for each board. I have done this. So I know
    it works. It just take a very long time.

Regards
    Francois du Toit
    streaming mspacman normal and turbo speed at: https://www.twitch.tv/francoisadt

Francois du Toit
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  3. 02-16-2021, 10:59 AM
    You can also look at a generic pattern Tim Baldaramos shown to clear most of the boards without
    the need to eat all the ghosts. Inside one of pacman clinic videos. I cannot recall which one.

https://www.twitch.tv/pacmantab
    streaming mspacman normal and turbo speed at: https://www.twitch.tv/francoisadt

Francois du Toit
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
Join us