Question about tracks.

1. Question about tracks.

02-11-2021, 02:03 PM
    I apologize in advance if this question has been asked and answered. I did a forum search but didn't see it. Also I didn't know if this should have been put here or on my wall feed so hopefully I'll learn the answer to that as well.

I did a search and saw that T.G. keeps records of speed runs on Castlevania: Harmony of Despair. However when I went to the submission page I found that the submit button was missing. I thought because I was using Simon that perhaps it was because he was a dlc character but saw that all of the ones that I checked had the same problem.

Example here Twin Galaxies

So now my question is how do I proceed from here? I've already got a run ready to submit just need to know what comes next. Thanks in advance.
    Thanks Pixe Sukola, Luigi Ruffolo thanked this post
  2. 02-11-2021, 02:18 PM
    I think is best to post this on your wall, simply because more people would see it. The problem you are pointing out is true, there must be a problem in the system that Franny or admin staff should be able to quickly fix for you, however I dont recommend submitting anything to the speedrun platform, it is redundant since you can submit your speedrun to the platform you are playing on, under the track [fastest completion] for said game.

In my opinion the whole speedrun platform should be deleted cause there is no need for it. Just tell me what platform you are playing on and if the track does not exhist I will gladly create it for you, and I believe that would be even faster than asking admin staff to fis the current bug.

Thanks.
    Daniel Ocampo
    Tomena Sanner
    Champion and JJT lover (not in that way).
    Thanks Silent Apostle thanked this post
  3. 02-11-2021, 02:25 PM
    hmm... there was some history that may or may not apply

theres been some clash tg and parts of the speedrun community since before tgsap, and honestly the speedrunners have some valid gripes

one complaint was tg speedrun rules are stilly and speedrun dot coms rules are better. Jace agreed, copied over many of the tracks, acknowledged they were copied over with the founder point. but instead of being seen as a reachout, many saw it as "plagiarism" so then jace locked the speedrun tracks and would only unlock them if the speedrun creator of the track gave permission. I thought though that after enough time passed jace wound up going back and unlocking them all anyway so i'm honestly not entirely sure this explaints it.
    Lode Runner Champion
    Likes Silent Apostle, Barthax liked this post
  4. 02-11-2021, 02:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    hmm... there was some history that may or may not apply

theres been some clash tg and parts of the speedrun community since before tgsap, and honestly the speedrunners have some valid gripes

one complaint was tg speedrun rules are stilly and speedrun dot coms rules are better. Jace agreed, copied over many of the tracks, acknowledged they were copied over with the founder point. but instead of being seen as a reachout, many saw it as "plagiarism" so then jace locked the speedrun tracks and would only unlock them if the speedrun creator of the track gave permission. I thought though that after enough time passed jace wound up going back and unlocking them all anyway so i'm honestly not entirely sure this explaints it.
    My main problem with the speedrun platform is that is unnecesary, in my opinion all scores there, should be moved to their respective platforms on which the games are being played under the tracks of [Fastest completion].
    Daniel Ocampo
    Tomena Sanner
    Likes Snowflake, Luigi Ruffolo liked this post
  5. 02-11-2021, 02:32 PM
    agreed, something was tried and it didnt work out well. we can also create tracks under it which is extra odd since it was meant for speed run rules imports
    Lode Runner Champion
    Likes Pixe Sukola liked this post
  6. 02-11-2021, 04:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixe Sukola View Post
    I think is best to post this on your wall, simply because more people would see it. The problem you are pointing out is true, there must be a problem in the system that Franny or admin staff should be able to quickly fix for you, however I dont recommend submitting anything to the speedrun platform, it is redundant since you can submit your speedrun to the platform you are playing on, under the track [fastest completion] for said game.

In my opinion the whole speedrun platform should be deleted cause there is no need for it. Just tell me what platform you are playing on and if the track does not exhist I will gladly create it for you, and I believe that would be even faster than asking admin staff to fis the current bug.

Thanks.
    Appreciate pretty much all of what you and Snowflake said.

The track would have been Castlevania: Harmony of Despair - Simon Belmont - Chapter 1 Caught in the Cradle of Decay - Normal - fastest completion. System is the Xbox 360 but game is download so guessing that would make it an Xbox 360 Live Arcade. Again thanks for all the help.
  7. 02-11-2021, 04:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Apostle View Post
    Appreciate pretty much all of what you and Snowflake said.

The track would have been Castlevania: Harmony of Despair - Simon Belmont - Chapter 1 Caught in the Cradle of Decay - Normal - fastest completion. System is the Xbox 360 but game is download so guessing that would make it an Xbox 360 Live Arcade. Again thanks for all the help.
    No problem, I will create the track for you including this and all other chapters. I don't think the character should be specified, it's best if any character is accepted.

Just one more thing, apart form the difficulty, is there any other details that you think should go into the rules section? I used to love this game and played it a lot on my PS3 a few years ago, but I don't have that console with me at the moment, I let my cousin borrow it so I can't play it to check for more details.

Thanks.
    Daniel Ocampo
    Tomena Sanner
    Likes Silent Apostle liked this post
  8. 02-11-2021, 05:11 PM
    I just created the track

https://www.twingalaxies.com/game/ca...60-live-arcade

I will create the rest of the chapters tomorrow, enjoy.
    Daniel Ocampo
    Tomena Sanner
    Likes Silent Apostle, RedDawn liked this post
  9. 02-12-2021, 04:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixe Sukola View Post
    No problem, I will create the track for you including this and all other chapters. I don't think the character should be specified, it's best if any character is accepted.

Just one more thing, apart form the difficulty, is there any other details that you think should go into the rules section? I used to love this game and played it a lot on my PS3 a few years ago, but I don't have that console with me at the moment, I let my cousin borrow it so I can't play it to check for more details.

Thanks.
    Dude that's awesome. Again thank you. As far as details go due to the nature of the game I don't think anything other than difficulty can be changed. Really there's not much to it as the game itself provides an in game clock so rules should be pretty standard, no glitches, ect.

Should be about it if I can help in any other way just lemme know.
  10. 02-12-2021, 05:36 AM
    Snowflake has posted the reason for the "locked" Speedrun platform tracks.

The reason for the platform is that it is an area where "anything goes" and the "spirit of the game" rules do not apply from the standard TG guidelines. A 100% completion is still a 100% completion under the Speedrun platform if someone is able to show a manipulation of the game other than playing through the game. The same is not true of the rest of the scoreboard where actually playing the "spirit of the game" is required to complete the 100%. So, say the game had a built-in debugger which could be enabled and the "player" could mark areas of memory as completed: a 100% completion as registered by the game could be achieved without actually "playing" any of it & such a run would be valid in Speedrun platform but not the normal scoreboard.
    Likes Snowflake, Silent Apostle liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us