Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. PC Engine - Devil Crash - Points - 108,952,200 - John Yucel

02-21-2021, 04:03 PM
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=221383
    Rank

Rules
    One player only, Fast Ball speed. Your record attempt must be a new game – no codes or passwords allowed. Special Rules: You must not load up data.
    Submission Message

Original .mkv I recorded is available, if the Youtube footage is not enough.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tgfx - Devil Crash world record 108 million.png  
  2. 02-23-2021, 04:20 AM
    Hi John,

Welcome to Twin Galaxies. :D

General note on submissions here: Twin Galaxies only accepts footage which has been uploaded to the submission directly. You should find on your YouTube interface an option to download your footage and also an option on this page for "Add Video Evidence". If you elect not to upload directly to Twin Galaxies, then this will not get accepted.

For your submission, the footage is crystal clear like it is from an emulator. Nothing wrong with emulators (there's plenty of emulator submissions at TG) but this track is specifically for original console submissions. Currently there's no track for this game using an emulator but that can be rectified. :)
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  3. 02-23-2021, 09:43 PM
    I'm sorry, John. Voting No.
    Jared Oswald
    World record holders on "Guitar Hero", "Rock Band" and Sonic games.
  4. 02-24-2021, 04:31 PM
    Yeah sorry this has to be a No due to platform. If you vote no yourself and it gets rejected you still will get the submission points and hopefully will submit the video again once FPGA is added as a platform.

Hopefully in the not too distant future we can submit scores for the many games on MiSTer FPGA. There is discussion on it and still a little confusion on how to set it up. I.e. How to track MiSTer upgrades and core upgrades etc. and how many FPGA platforms to support and should they all be grouped into the one platform etc.
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/jace-hall/wall/8318/fpga
    Thanks Barthax thanked this post
  5. 02-25-2021, 05:14 PM
    Yeah, its from MiSTer FPGA, like all my videos. Thought you guys might allow it since its the most accurate way to play the system besides original hardware.

Thanks for the clarification amigos. With all the scores being relatively recent additions on that list, I figured they were emulators or modern home console ports.
    Thanks Barthax thanked this post
  6. 02-25-2021, 08:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Walrus View Post
    Yeah, its from MiSTer FPGA, like all my videos. Thought you guys might allow it since its the most accurate way to play the system besides original hardware.

Thanks for the clarification amigos. With all the scores being relatively recent additions on that list, I figured they were emulators or modern home console ports.
    I think the problem with MiSTer is that the cores aren't all the most accurate, Rygar for instance has pretty major sprite sync problems I've reported, whereas the MAME version is actually more solid and accurate to my Rygar PCB. So in that is where I see the issue with FPGA, what is the validation/quality assurance process that compares the core with original hardware. I know some cores are created WITHOUT the PCB on hand (just on schematics) so that would be a little bit of an abstracted core. We'll see what the future holds.
  7. 02-25-2021, 11:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Walrus View Post

Thanks for confirming the hardware. :)

Yeah, there's some pretty hardcore collectors around here!
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
    Thanks Garrett Holland thanked this post
    Likes 80sArcadeKid liked this post
Join us