Dispute: Jason Newman - M.A.M.E. - Cosmic Avenger - Points - Player: Jason Newman - Score: 13,950

Is this a valid dispute?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. Dispute: Jason Newman - M.A.M.E. - Cosmic Avenger - Points - Player: Jason Newman - Score: 13,950

02-22-2021, 06:12 AM
    M.A.M.E. - Cosmic Avenger - Points
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=7709
    Rank

Rules
    ROMSet: CAvenger
    Difficulty: Medium
    Cabinet: Upright
    Lives: 3
    Special Rules: None
    Player Name
    Jason Newman
    Original Adjudication
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php?t=167352
    Verification Method
    TGSAP
    Verification Date
    2017-04-08
    Disputed Score
    13,950 (Rank 6)
    Disputed By
    rotunda
    Dispute Evidence / Rationale
    Please remove this record. No longer wish to have MAME records and constant notifications and it's not an important score.

Thanks guys and girls
  2. 02-22-2021, 07:48 AM
    i do agree the notificatons, even if i'm 20th place, and some new 10th place puts me down a spot is annoying and needs an opt out (maybe there is one i just dont know about?), but that problem should be resolved its own way. this feels like an innapropriate use of the dispute system where good faith voters would be penalized
    Lode Runner Champion
    Thanks bensweeneyonbass thanked this post
    Likes Blackflag82, stella_blue liked this post
  3. 02-24-2021, 12:45 AM
    I asked Jace personally and its not possible to remove it any other way. I don't want MAME records I don't want the notifications,

Please remove.
  4. 02-24-2021, 05:52 AM
    To be clear, did jace say the only way to remove a score is a dispute, or did he say its acceptable to dispute any score you no longer want?

Both can be true. You know, scores are only removed through disputes, but also disputes can only be used under certain conditions, thereby meaning certain scores cant be removed.

If jace phrased it that way, then i'd agree you're acting in good faith, but i'd apprecaite from @Jace Hall as that would mean a new policy. Jace, can people now have their valid scores removed with disputes? If yes, is there any protection for the good faith voters? This is very very different than disputed for lack of evidence where we both knew the evidence could go missing and we warned about penalties to cred if it ever happened. Here due to others asking for removed scores, voters had no way of knowing such a thing could happen, further unlike third party videos on sites that can go missing which can be predicted, a user asking to remove scores, well that could be anyone and so the only way to avoid such a hit is never vote on anything which i doubt is something you're trying to encourage.
    Lode Runner Champion
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  5. 02-24-2021, 06:02 AM
    I disagree with this dispute, just because this is not an important score for the player and he dosn't want notifications about people beating him, it shouldn't be enough to remove. You will be punishing people that voted on this for no good reason and taking ESI away form the people who are beating the score.

I submitted about 10 scores for Tetris for the PSVita, Sam Tuff beat all of them in a few days and got ESI for it, imagine if I say "You know what, those scores are no longer important to me and I don't want to recieve the notifications of him beating me, please remove them" that would be so unfair for Sam and the people who adjudicated them.

Voting No!
    Daniel Ocampo
    Tomena Sanner
    Champion and JJT lover (not in that way).
    Likes stella_blue, Snowflake liked this post
  6. 02-24-2021, 06:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rotunda View Post
    I asked Jace personally and its not possible to remove it any other way. I don't want MAME records I don't want the notifications,

Please remove.
    Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but if you didn't want MAME records you shouldn't have submitted them. The notifications issue is negligible in my opinion. It's a minor inconvenience and is a function of the website not the scoreboard.
  7. 02-24-2021, 06:06 AM
    Also, nobody has submitted a score after your score got accepted, you have recieved 0 notifications for this.
    Daniel Ocampo
    Tomena Sanner
    Champion and JJT lover (not in that way).
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
  8. 02-24-2021, 06:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixe Sukola View Post
    Also, nobody has submitted a score after your score got accepted, you have recieved 0 notifications for this.
    RBF's submission may have been accepted after Jason's submission was accepted but that would've been in 2017.
  9. 02-24-2021, 06:20 AM
    In regard to the user base, scores can only enter or exit the database based on substantiated evidentiary submission that definitively supports the action.

This effectively means that the only way to get a score removed is through the dispute claim process. The dispute claim process requires definitive evidence of score invalidity for a score to be removed.

It's important to understand that an adjudicated performance that has been publicly submitted to TG becomes a matter of public record. Like a participant who played in the NFL, or competed in the Olympics. Hitting the "undo" button on something like that must have evidentiary rationale and support.

It should always be noted that TG Administration itself always reserves the right to remove scores for whatever reason deems appropriate.

We can look into providing the ability to turn off notifications if that is desired. Please submit that request to the scoreboard errors link if that is what is needed. https://www.twingalaxies.com/entry.php/3296-Scoreboard-Errors-Report-them-here
    Likes Blackflag82, Snowflake liked this post
  10. 02-24-2021, 06:31 AM
    not a valid dispute.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us