- Snowflake

1. - Snowflake

02-25-2021, 06:31 PM
    So centipede is one of those games i always knew existed, but i dont thin i played in the day. Only got into it a few years back, and i could devote several paragraphs really an entire essay on why i'm convined its THE classic game. I went out to own one, i did get one a year or two back, and i've started playing it again.

I had a random memory how drew is in a long distance dating movie where she meets her love interest competing on a game of centipede. "going the distance" 2010, its really not a video game movie, thats just how they meet. but it is at least a key point in the movie. nice touch.

in some ways the fact the video game tie in is only a few minutes i think makes it better. movies where video games are the whole things are unrealistic, this is much in line with a real gamers life. i recommend it

on an only losely related note i've enjoyed her new stuff as well. I'll tell ya, i was always more into video games than TV, but with this pandemic Drew's stuff has been a real shining ray of hope.
    Lode Runner Champion
  2. 02-25-2021, 06:45 PM
    Centipede is a great game. I never liked Drew as a movie star. Something is off with her. I think child stars have a horrible time in Hollyweird, so maybe I should cut her some slack.

Worth note: small world. How small? A guy who grew up 1 year behind me in a small Canadian town ended up marrying her. That man is Tom Green. I used to watch him all the time on public access cable tv. Most bizarre show you ever saw. His humor was raw and new. Like when he went fishing at the beach by throwing a vacuum cleaner in the water and pulling on the cord. Or he went snorkling at a bank looking for change in the fountain.

Funny stuff!
    Your friend, datagod

~~Raspberry Pi Enthusiast~~
  3. 02-25-2021, 07:22 PM
    i liked red green, i assume thats his uncle. tom's humor never resonated with me. it felt like stuff any of your drunk friends can do, i mean sure it can be funny, but it felt like nothing special nothing worth paying for when you can live it yourself. of course, like most stuff i dont enjoy i stop watching, and therefore i guess its possible i missed out on stuff that would've changed my mind.

i'm happy drew was able to bring happiness to his life. shes done so much for so many.
    Lode Runner Champion
  4. 02-25-2021, 07:53 PM
    I liked some of his stuff before he got famous. After that it was just gross.

One time he painted his parent's house in plaid. Another time he woke them up with a bag pipe band. Then one time he painted a naked woman on the front of his dad's car, and his dad was so mad he walked to the bus stop. Tom was driving behind him asking "why Dad? Why did you hate the car?" It was epic. I felt so bad for his dad. Just a simple civil servant trying to get to work.

It is crazy that Tom grew up to marry a hollywood super star. I imagine there are jealous haters out there. Oh well.
    Your friend, datagod

~~Raspberry Pi Enthusiast~~
  5. 03-28-2021, 10:51 PM
    I never saw Drew as a serious actress either, in fact most viewers only remembered her as one of Charlie's Angels.
  6. 04-08-2021, 12:59 PM
    I actually love Drew Barrymore. Not su much as an actress, but just in general. She is kinda off and kinda weird, and I like that.

She has also become a very successful producer. And I mean... she had the vision to finance Donnie Darko. She's alright in my book
Join us