Sega Saturn - Sega Touring Car Championship - NTSC - Country Circuit - Fastest Lap - 22.96 - Matthew Farrell

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. Sega Saturn - Sega Touring Car Championship - NTSC - Country Circuit - Fastest Lap - 22.96 - Matthew Farrell

02-28-2021, 04:26 PM
    vzaar-player

NTSC - Country Circuit - Fastest Lap
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=218379
    Rank

Rules
    Saturn Side, Time Attack. Any car (normal or secret) , Any car set-up. Options: Difficulty = NORMAL , Laps = 5 , Boost = OFF , Damage = OFF
    Submission Message
    I beat everyone's scores with a stock car and a stock controller just to cement my status as a legend. LOL! I actually threw a fit after screwing up the second lap, which is embarrassing, but bettering 23 seconds with my setup is difficult. So the track time's nothing to write home about, but this should be good enough for best lap until someone decides to beat it.

Options are displayed at 1:34 and the relevant lap starts around 3:51.

Secrets: This track's simplicity is deceptive - you have to minimize deceleration around the major turns. Going through the pit stop is quite a thrill if you nail the downshift & turn just right, but what you gain in distance you lose in deceleration going in/out of the pit stop area.

Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes Garrett Holland, JJT_Defender liked this post
  2. 03-02-2021, 10:18 PM
    Evidence is great! Thanks for showing the h/w setup. Track rules state "normal", and you selected "easy". Is that the same? I don't know enough about this game.
  3. 03-03-2021, 08:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett Holland View Post
    Evidence is great! Thanks for showing the h/w setup. Track rules state "normal", and you selected "easy". Is that the same? I don't know enough about this game.
    Yeah, that should only affect the AI cars. I ran through it on easy to unlock the extra cars/tracks. Can resubmit under normal though for sure.
  4. 03-03-2021, 04:59 PM
    Wrong difficulty settings selected, but they don't affect Time Trial anyway so it doesn't matter. These rules should be corrected @SincerelyFranny

But in the meantime you should still follow the rules even if they don't apply, just to avoid confusion, or rejection of the score. I'm abstaining for now.
    Daniel Ocampo
    Tomena Sanner
    Champion and JJT lover (not in that way).
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  5. 03-07-2021, 12:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixe Sukola View Post
    Wrong difficulty settings selected, but they don't affect Time Trial anyway so it doesn't matter. These rules should be corrected @SincerelyFranny

But in the meantime you should still follow the rules even if they don't apply, just to avoid confusion, or rejection of the score. I'm abstaining for now.
    I too am abstaining.
    Jared Oswald
    World record holders on "Guitar Hero", "Rock Band" and Sonic games.
Join us