Atari 2600 / VCS - Ghostbusters - NTSC (Dollars) - 731,100 - Patrick Larocque

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Atari 2600 / VCS - Ghostbusters - NTSC (Dollars) - 731,100 - Patrick Larocque

03-01-2021, 02:32 PM
    vzaar-player

NTSC (Dollars)
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=5118
    Rank
    Rules
    Note that the difficulty switch serves as a control mechanism in this game and can be left in either position at the start of the game. It is used to switch to the map screen after purchasing equipment, and is also used to bait the Marshmallow Man.

Submission Message
    Run starts at 02:16
    Was a little tired and frustrated with how this run ended, I'll get the max-out sooner or later!!
    Thanks for watching!

Thanks Almighty Dreadlock thanked this post
    Likes GregDeg, Garrett Holland, nads, Rogerpoco liked this post
  2. 03-01-2021, 02:34 PM
    Screenshot of the final score
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Likes Garrett Holland liked this post
  3. 03-01-2021, 02:38 PM
    We were promised a max out, I'm very disappointed in this effort. :)
    Thanks Pat Larocque thanked this post
    Likes Pat Larocque, Snowflake liked this post
  4. 03-01-2021, 02:40 PM
    I'm just as disappointed lol...hopefully the next attempt will be the one!!
    Likes Garrett Holland liked this post
  5. 03-01-2021, 03:54 PM
    skipped to the end. i'm unclear on how lost. for the marshmellow man to appear means you met the point requirement to advance. and he didnt kill your last guy, so i dont get it
    Lode Runner Champion
    Likes Pat Larocque liked this post
  6. 03-01-2021, 04:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    skipped to the end. i'm unclear on how lost. for the marshmellow man to appear means you met the point requirement to advance. and he didnt kill your last guy, so i dont get it
    I don't get it either....I was well above my next point target. You can lose all 3 of your men on the marshmallow man and still get to the next round if your points are above a certain requirement. (I did this multiple times throughout the game also.)
    This cart just seems to 'reset' when it wants to by the looks of it and the more I seem to play it. I did a run of over 400k and another of just under 600k a few days ago and the same thing happened, was well above the the next level point requirement and it just reset to 5k for no apparent reason.
  7. 03-01-2021, 04:15 PM
    thats unfortunate. makes the maxout all the more impressive. so people just grinded multiple 8 hour games (i would've thought it was 12 on my pace, but you've seen with expereience the pace increases substantially, so for that reason alone this run is a succesful for increasing knowledge). weird to think people would put up with that for hours on end and then do it all over again just for a maxout. i wonder if stitched scores were allowed.
    Lode Runner Champion
    Likes Pat Larocque, Garrett Holland liked this post
  8. 03-01-2021, 04:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    thats unfortunate. makes the maxout all the more impressive. so people just grinded multiple 8 hour games (i would've thought it was 12 on my pace, but you've seen with expereience the pace increases substantially, so for that reason alone this run is a succesful for increasing knowledge). weird to think people would put up with that for hours on end and then do it all over again just for a maxout. i wonder if stitched scores were allowed.
    Couldn't agree more! I'm by no means a 'great gamer', but I'm taking a little more pride in this one than most other scores I've subbed for just for the simple fact that I had no other reference to go off of and was absolutely clueless (as I am with most other carts) when I first started this one. Unfortunately I think I'll be one of those 'weirdos' until I get it, I'm just that damn stubborn and really want to have some video evidence for everyone to see of what the max-out looks like!
Join us