Dispute: Garrett Holland - NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Pinball - NTSC - Game A [Points] - Player: Edward Pilcher - Garrett C. Holland

Is this a valid dispute?

    This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Dispute: Garrett Holland - NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Pinball - NTSC - Game A [Points] - Player: Edward Pilcher - Garrett C. Holland

    03-15-2021, 11:28 AM
    NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Pinball - NTSC - Game A [Points]
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=1767
    Rank

    Rules
    Difficulty A, 1 Player Only
    Special Rules: None
    Player Name
    Edward Pilcher
    Original Adjudication
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php?t=227534
    Verification Method
    TGSAP
    Verification Date
    2021-03-15
    Disputed Score
    1,347,800 (Rank 3)
    Disputed By
    Garrett Holland
    Dispute Evidence / Rationale
    Incorrect score submitted. Final result was 1,352,260.
    Thanks bensweeneyonbass thanked this post
    Likes Almighty Dreadlock, Bogart liked this post
  2. 03-15-2021, 11:29 AM
    Final score screenshot:

    Name:  1.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  86.8 KB
  3. 03-16-2021, 12:14 AM
    People just can't get it though their thick skulls that what a broken scoreboard displays is irrelevant. A six figure scoreboard breaks at one million points, nothing less.

    Adding the score on display just before scoreboard break to the final score on display is clearly the reason for this incorrect score claim.
  4. 03-16-2021, 04:50 PM
    Why dispute a score where the final score is higher than the claimed score? You are correct that the score is incorrect but the score is valid because they did achieve the score. The person who did this submission should just submit with the higher score and make this go away. Even if they don't resubmit, I'm not in favor of removing the score so I vote no.
    "Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good"

    Visit my YouTube channel for videos of over 150 classic arcade games, most of which you won't see at your local arcade. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh4...56xV5To9gPqsLA
  5. 03-16-2021, 05:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by D.B. Cooper View Post
    the score is valid because they did achieve the score.
    But they didnt achieve that score either exactly. The score moves from 1,347,530 to 1,348,030.
  6. 03-16-2021, 05:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by D.B. Cooper View Post
    Why dispute a score where the final score is higher than the claimed score?

    In this case, the score progresses from 1,347,530 points to 1,348,030 points. 1,347,800 was never the correct score.


    Quote Originally Posted by D.B. Cooper View Post
    You are correct that the score is incorrect but the score is valid because they did achieve the score.

    [LOL.]
    Likes bensweeneyonbass liked this post
  7. 03-16-2021, 05:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Dreadlock View Post
    In this case, the score progresses from 1,347,530 points to 1,348,030 points. 1,347,800 was never the correct score.





    [LOL.]
    Acknowledged. I'm still not in favor of removing scores where the actual score is higher than the claimed score. Still voting no this one and any others I see like it.
    "Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good"

    Visit my YouTube channel for videos of over 150 classic arcade games, most of which you won't see at your local arcade. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh4...56xV5To9gPqsLA
  8. 03-16-2021, 05:38 PM
    This may be an extreme example, but under that standard, for a 1,000,000 performance, I can submit a score of "1", then when someone comes along and beats the 1 with a 2, I can resubmit the same evidence and report a score of "3", and then repeat that process 500,000 more times, and each one of the 500,000 submitted scores would be accurate? I like the idea of simply submitting the final result, whatever that ends up being. Hell, Ill could just boost my own CR rating up by 3,000 by submitting a single video where I scored more than a thousand points 1,000 different times, with each reported score incremented by one, and nobody could stop me, or dispute it. Not a prudent route to go down, imho.
  9. 03-16-2021, 05:52 PM
    I just though of another negative manifestation if this philosophy of "worse score is acceptable" ever becomes the consensus, which I doubt will ever happen ... there have top legacy scores removed because a score was inaccurate/impossible ... arcade Robotron comes to mind.
    Likes Snowflake, RedDawn liked this post
  10. 03-16-2021, 06:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett Holland View Post
    This may be an extreme example, but under that standard, for a 1,000,000 performance, I can submit a score of "1", then when someone comes along and beats the 1 with a 2, I can resubmit the same evidence and report a score of "3", and then repeat that process 500,000 more times, and each one of the 500,000 submitted scores would be accurate? I like the idea of simply submitting the final result, whatever that ends up being. Hell, Ill could just boost my own CR rating up by 3,000 by submitting a single video where I scored more than a thousand points 1,000 different times, with each reported score incremented by one, and nobody could stop me, or dispute it. Not a prudent route to go down, imho.
    Not really practical and the real issue would be about TG giving people CR for voting on their own submissions. But that's an entirely different argument that shouldn't be had here. CR manipulation can be done in other ways as well. This argument isn't changing my opinion.
    "Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good"

    Visit my YouTube channel for videos of over 150 classic arcade games, most of which you won't see at your local arcade. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh4...56xV5To9gPqsLA
    Thanks Garrett Holland thanked this post
    Likes Garrett Holland liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us