Dispute: Garrett Holland - NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Pinball - NTSC - Game A [Points] - Player: Edward Pilcher - Garrett C. Holland

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. 03-16-2021, 06:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett Holland View Post
    I just though of another negative manifestation if this philosophy of "worse score is acceptable" ever becomes the consensus, which I doubt will ever happen ... there have top legacy scores removed because a score was inaccurate/impossible ... arcade Robotron comes to mind.
    Not the same thing. The Robotron score was not only impossible because of the ending digits but also because of how large it was. There was no video for that score. Here we have video of the claimed score not only being possible but being exceeded.

I consider this to be a valuable score to the scoreboard and we have video. Hopefully Edward will resubmit or TG will correct the score. Would be very unfortunate for it to just be tossed away.

And just to be clear, I don't think it was wrong for you to start the dispute. It's important to bring up these types of errors. I just don't think the score should be removed.
    "Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good"

Visit my YouTube channel for videos of over 150 classic arcade games, most of which you won't see at your local arcade. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh4...56xV5To9gPqsLA
    Thanks Garrett Holland thanked this post
    Likes Garrett Holland, RedDawn liked this post
Join us