NES Classic Edition - Tecmo Bowl - NTSC - Biggest Blowout - 105 - Steve Sliker

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 04-15-2021, 07:12 AM
    Side note, anybody else notice that the NES Classic Tecmo Bowl is different than the NES Tecmo Bowl?? Boy I sure did. Having Michael Carter on the bottom of the screen is a game changer and makes defense so much easier on the Classic. Unless there is a version of Tecmo Bowl I simply haven't seen/found.
    Thanks Bogart thanked this post
  2. 04-15-2021, 04:22 PM
    I don't think anybody is accusing you of cheating, because that's a heavy accusation and like others have said, cheating implies intent. This seems more like a general rule of not allowing save states, that was difficult to know before hand.

Now, yes, it is true that you started from a suspended point and what can be considered a save state, but, does that give you and unfair advantage? I don't think so. Is it better to face Indianapolis as the first opponent? Maybe, but even if that's the case, the player could restart the game over and over until he gets the prefered opponent. So all this is doing is save time, in my opinion, it does not offer an unfair advantage.
    Daniel Ocampo
    Tomena Sanner
    Champion and JJT lover (not in that way).
  3. 04-15-2021, 05:01 PM
    Trying out the restore points myself, I got the same beginning kickoff from the opponent.
    Even here, at around 23:11, the kickoff meter is the same as the one at 0:34. Both received at the 15 yard line at 1:27 on the clock.
    Everything AFTER the kickoff can be changed depending on how you play. I don't know how feasible it would be to route out the game by doing the same thing every time and know what the opponent is going to do, if this is even possible.

Now, I don't think cheating is going on here. I think it's an honest thought that restore points were allowed, when it looks like they're not.
    The actual playing looks legit, so I don't believe in any cheating accusations here.
  4. 04-15-2021, 05:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by starcrytas View Post
    Trying out the restore points myself, I got the same beginning kickoff from the opponent.
    Even here, at around 23:11, the kickoff meter is the same as the one at 0:34. Both received at the 15 yard line at 1:27 on the clock.
    Everything AFTER the kickoff can be changed depending on how you play. I don't know how feasible it would be to route out the game by doing the same thing every time and know what the opponent is going to do, if this is even possible.

Now, I don't think cheating is going on here. I think it's an honest thought that restore points were allowed, when it looks like they're not.
    The actual playing looks legit, so I don't believe in any cheating accusations here.
    Doing my own testing with emulation (for years mind you), in this particular game I believe the CPU sets its play call when the player is downed. The defensive players do not alter whatsoever from that point on. If you load a save state after you are downed, the CPU will do the exact same thing every time. If you save a state during a play and don't have the exact same scenario outcome, the CPU will change what it does. Therefore, outside of using save states not being allowed as a general rule, there is no advantage to loading a save state prior to kickoff. So this comes down to are save states prior to the actual game play allowed or not. Since they can't change anything prior to the save state and only after, I personally don't see any issues with loading a save state immediately after team selection to save time.
    Thanks Garrett Holland, starcrytas thanked this post
  5. 04-16-2021, 06:43 PM
    I've said this before, and I will say again...I really wish there could be rule sets added per console like there used to be. There are different general rules and expectations for each console, and if those rules were summarized by console, it would alleviate a lot of this type of frustration from new players, and old alike. Also, if someone read a rules set and had a question that needed to be clarified, it could be answered ahead of time instead of after the fact like what is happening now.

To answer your questions: yes I've played the game before and my submitted nes high score is 98, I'm currently only logging in about every 2-3 weeks and don't really look at many scores even when I do, so that's why I didn't comment sooner, it was pure luck that I logged in right after this score was submitted. As others have observed, I never said you cheated, I merely pointed something out and asked for others to comment and opinionate so that a consensus can be reached. If I were you, I'd be more upset that Twin Galaxies doesn't post per console rules so that you knew what these long standing nes expectations were before making attempts.
    Likes thegamer1185 liked this post
  6. 06-16-2021, 11:24 PM
    VOTING TO REJECT
    due to save states being used. I dont believe it gave you any advantage, but save states are against the rules, just as pausing is against the rules.

Nothing personal, I wish you the best and REALLY hope to see you resubmit on this classic game. Dont get hung up on this, it happens all the time, even to people who've been submitting here for decades.
    Rampage Arcade World Champion
    ...............Roy was Right..................
  7. 06-17-2021, 12:46 PM
    i abstaining and staying out of it, i just wanna make a point like others have made on the difference of strictness versus accusatoins of cheatnig. sure harsh rules are in place to be sure there is no cheating, but they're applied to everyone more as a just in case as opposed to an actual accusation. TG has higher standards than other sites, so in a vacuum the high standards can look like unfairly targeting a new player. also theres bound to be some inconstencies just due to different people voting on different things and everyone making mistakes from time to time but this place, while strict, really does try to be fair. I'd really hate to lose out on a potential future valued player because of an appearance of bias or abuse.
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
  8. 06-24-2021, 04:04 PM
    Voting no due to save states being used
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Join us