Dispute: Kyle Nelson - SNES / SFC - Dirt Trax FX - NTSC - Jump City [Fastest Race] - Player: Fred Bugmann - Kyle Nelson

Is this a valid dispute?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. Dispute: Kyle Nelson - SNES / SFC - Dirt Trax FX - NTSC - Jump City [Fastest Race] - Player: Fred Bugmann - Kyle Nelson

03-29-2021, 09:30 PM
    SNES / SFC - Dirt Trax FX - NTSC - Jump City [Fastest Race]
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=38606
    Rank

Rules
    *** This variation has been closed. No further submissions shall be accepted. ***
    May Freely Choose Your CC Class, May Use the Password CLRF to Unlock All Tracks, May Freely Select You Character, Training Mode - Single Race
    Special Rules: For this variation, you MUST Win the race for your time to count! You may use your race for Fastest Lap as well.
    Player Name
    Fred Bugmann
    Original Adjudication
    N/A
    Verification Method
    Multimedia File
    Verification Date
    2009-05-10
    Disputed Score
    02:52.93 (Rank 1)
    Disputed By
    thegamer1185
    Dispute Evidence / Rationale
    I believe this time was entered incorrectly into the database. I think it should be 3:52.93 and not 2:52.93. Fred also has a fastest lap submitted for this track at 28.37s which was entered on the same day as the above total race time. The number laps on this specific track is 8, meaning someone would have to average about 21.7s per lap to achieve close to 2:52. If you used Fred's best lap time of 28s, the average comes out to be much more plausible to achieve a 3:52 race time.

Not asking for a score removal, but a time correction. @fredb999 , do you recall this submission or have the video somewhere? If you got that time on video, you are a God and I am not worthy, haha!
    Likes fredb999 liked this post
  2. 03-30-2021, 08:40 AM
    I'll look for the video.
    I do not remember my time.

If I do not find the video, there is my vote accepted.
    Likes thegamer1185 liked this post
  3. 03-30-2021, 10:27 AM
    I never did consider that this time could be for an entirely different track as well. Either way, thanks for checking it out. Just basing this off your fastest lap submission and my times. You would have lapped me almost twice when compared to my fastest overall time.
  4. 03-30-2021, 10:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1185 View Post
    I never did consider that this time could be for an entirely different track as well. Either way, thanks for checking it out. Just basing this off your fastest lap submission and my times. You would have lapped me almost twice when compared to my fastest overall time.
    There is an option in the rule that I think you did not get attentive.

*****May Freely Choose Your CC Class.*****

See details below.

50CC - KIDDIES - JUMP CITY - 2 Laps
    125CC - NORMAL - JUMP CITY - 6 Laps
    250CC - PRO - JUMP CITY - 7 Laps
    500CC - SMOKIN - JUMP CITY - 8 Laps

My time is correct and run in the 125CC mode.

https://streamable.com/onnhx7

Name:  image.png
Views: 53
Size:  307.6 KB
Size:  309.3 KB
Size:  289.6 KB
Views: 59
Size:  146.9 KB
Size:  284.3 KB
Size:  261.7 KB

Thanks
    Fred
  5. 03-30-2021, 11:02 AM
    Huh?! Good catch for one, and those rules are just ridiculous then. Of course your time will be slower, haha. You had fewer laps. So what I'm seeing is that we need to create submission tracks for each CC class or I will alter my play then to meet those requirements.

Invalid dispute!! Brings other issues to light though.
    Thanks Garrett Holland, fredb999 thanked this post
    Likes MyOwnWorstEnemy liked this post
  6. 03-30-2021, 11:07 AM
    Just to put this into reference about how dumb these rules are. I just got 1:06.67 on 50CC. Think we need a rules change for these tracks and added tracks. I'd say since you have the only score on this track, amend the rules to keep your score valid.

Change from "May freely choose your CC class" to "125CC class". Does that sound reasonable?
    Thanks Garrett Holland thanked this post
  7. 03-30-2021, 11:37 AM
    Just to put this into reference about how dumb these rules are. I just got 1:06.67 on 50CC. Think we need a rules change for these tracks and added tracks. I'd say since you have the only score on this track, amend the rules to keep your score valid.

Change from "May freely choose your CC class" to "125CC class". Does that sound reasonable?
    There are other scores .... Leave it anyway and hope the others look at your video before sending.

Thanks
    Fred
  8. 03-30-2021, 11:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fredb999 View Post
    There are other scores .... Leave it anyway and hope the others look at your video before sending.

Thanks
    Fred
    Agreed. I'll alter my play for the scenario at hand.
  9. 03-30-2021, 01:57 PM
    Agreed. I'll alter my play for the scenario at hand.
    Ask to change the rule for 500cc, please.
    For all tracks.
  10. 03-30-2021, 04:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by fredb999 View Post
    Ask to change the rule for 500cc, please.
    For all tracks.
    @admin staff , This dispute essentially depends on your ruling. If a track is created for every CC class, then this dispute is invalid and Fred's times in the database need to be moved to the 125CC class for all tracks (assuming Fred did all his runs on 125CC). Since I'm positive the other competitors played on 500CC, there is no worry about removing their scores rather moving them to the 500CC specific tracks. I have no problem creating the extra tracks if that is the route chosen.

Another alternative is to change the rules making it "Must use 500CC class", but then that would mean all of Fred's times are removed. There isn't any reason to remove scores that follow the current rules though.

You could leave the rules the same but then all "Fastest Race" submissions will be done on the 50CC class and limit competition to a single class but all submissions already in the database wouldn't need to be changed at all.
    Likes fredb999 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us