- Robert T Mruczek

1. - Robert T Mruczek

04-02-2021, 08:13 PM
    Hello fellow gamers:

I missed this one as I am only on TG twice per month now on average.

I am quite frankly annoyed as heck after reading Paul's affirmation that the "Bridge Out" tactic was used and will explain why in detail.

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...core-9-512-590 - dispute thread

https://www.twingalaxies.com/blog.php?bt=67596 - Paul's affirmation

Decades ago in the era that I was part of TG Paul's score was removed from the database under presumption that it was simply not accomplished. Confirmations by witnesses of scores in the 2M range were available, but no one to confirm the WR score.

In 2003 Mark Little submitted several scores, 2 or 3 with the highest being around 800K. I watched his gameplay and listened to him describing the tough spots, and while his gameplay was not perfect, it was well enough to score that high.

At some point between 2003 and 2004, there was a 3-way conference call between Walter Day, Paul Dean and myself. Mark discussed primarily with me, and in reviewing all the problem spots of the game Paul had a confident and precise explanation of how to defeat those problem areas, and based on my observation of Mark's performances Paul's "how-to" made perfect sense.

The performance was re-instated BUT Paul never once during that phone call said that he used any of the known banned tactics of the game...not unlike how Roy Shildt never made mention of playing by "Atari Rules" for his much-disbelieved 60M marathon on "Missile Command" even though he know QUITE well that TG's governing rules on marathon games was one credit per performance.

Before that conversation finally took place with Paul he steadfastly refused to play another performance for TG. At one point I asked him JUST to play 2M on his 1st life and he would not even do that, citing issues of disability and unable to sit as such for an extended period of time. Yet not long thereafter he does JUST that in one, possibly two "Frenzy" marathons.

So you can see why I am annoyed here. He used a ploy to avoid even a partial reply back in 2003-2004, is given the benefit of doubt due to his extreme knowledge of all problem areas within the game (up to what I observed from Mark's 800K+ performance), then does exactly what he previously said he physically could NOT do...at least once, possibly twice, for a LOT more than what 2M would have taken...and not ONCE does he mention that he played using that tactic.

He's lucky I don't own TG or that score would be yanked in a heartbeat and reclassified under "glitch allowed" as was suggested in that dispute.
    Last edited by RTM; 04-02-2021 at 08:13 PM. Reason: typo - "play" corrected to "ploy"
    Thanks lexmark, 80sArcadeKid thanked this post
    Likes Barra, lexmark, 80sArcadeKid, jerky liked this post
  2. 04-03-2021, 12:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post

He's lucky I don't own TG or that score would be yanked in a heartbeat and reclassified under "glitch allowed" as was suggested in that dispute.
    Hi, Robert. Thanks for posting. FYI, the score WAS "yanked" and reclassified under glitch allowed. I do get why they done it. There wasn't irrefutable evidence to do otherwise.

However, there is MORE than enough evidence for me(and others) to believe that a cover up has been committed by you know who, first name begining with P. :)

There's more to this story but I digress given the result, and the amount of brown nozers that think empathy rules supreme.

If I owned TG I would have banned him for cheating! But I don't, so doesn't matter.

And get this, no apology from him at all, that I've seen. Where's the role eyes icon when you want it.

john

Thanks RTM thanked this post
    Likes 80sArcadeKid liked this post
  3. 04-03-2021, 12:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post

Before that conversation finally took place with Paul he steadfastly refused to play another performance for TG. At one point I asked him JUST to play 2M on his 1st life and he would not even do that, citing issues of disability and unable to sit as such for an extended period of time. Yet not long thereafter he does JUST that in one, possibly two "Frenzy" marathons.
    Hi, Rob. Just curious, he mentioned somewhere that he "proved" to you or Walter or someone that he had a medical condition that prevented him from sitting for too long (LMFAO?)
    Did YOU ever see anything resembling "proof" ?

john

Likes RTM liked this post
  4. 04-03-2021, 01:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lexmark View Post
    Hi, Rob. Just curious, he mentioned somewhere that he "proved" to you or Walter or someone that he had a medical condition that prevented him from sitting for too long (LMFAO?)
    Did YOU ever see anything resembling "proof" ?

RTM REPLY - Hi John, I don't want to put my foot in my mouth here...I distinctly remember asking Paul via E-MAIL on multiple occasions leading up to that call to reply to some capacity, eventually settling for as little as 2 hours on on life based on anecdotal evidence from others who saw him play 2M+ (not 9M)...but during the call itself it was his detailed and logical explanations, to me, RE every single problem spot that I rattled off based on definitive evidence from Mark Little's best run (800K+) which settled it for me.

Besides...how can he provide evidence of such nature during a phone call ?

After the phone call his score was immediately re-instated...I did so myself and never once looked back at that point. Of course that was the last that TG heard from Mark Little as well who for a brief period was the recognized SH champion.

So, to be clear, the decision to re-instate his score post phone call was made by his revealed strategies and tactics alone at a good number of key points within the game...he convinced me, much as David Palmer did RE his SW 31M+ TGTS score and I know that game as well as David, perhaps better, but he was the more skilled player regardless of my extra knowledge.

Paul, to the best of my recollection, did NOT provide such documentation post-phone call. It would have had to be via E-MAIL and I do not recall writing about or recapping anywhere about that aspect of the re-instatement (*** SEE BELOW ***)

As for that "anecdotal evidence" I received some personally from Phil Britt pre-phone call with Paul as Walter called me up one day and had Phil on the line already and we discussed his "Paperboy" Grand Slam scores, specifically to his best recollection what were the approx scores per difficulty. I published this multiple times on TG (about his score thresholds that is) though only several times RE his giving me his affirmation on seeing Paul play a bit. The Jeff Peters affirmation was relayed to me by either Dwayne Richard or Mark Longridge and I found it to be equally credible and in line with Phil's recollection.

Based on their two anecdotal recollections I came up with the final request for Paul to play for 2M on his 1st life which he summarily rejected based on his physical condition with respect to sitting for an extended period of time. This was before he did so once for sure, twice perhaps, playing a "Frenzy" marathon at some point post re-instatement/phone call.

Now then...

1st - go to Paul's site www.Spyhunter007.com and if you look at the far left column there is a hyperlink there to his score re-instatement. A lengthy series of E-MAILs appears in I believe newest-to-oldest timeline order beginning with the res-instatement. It confirms the affirmations by Phil and Jeff (specifically to Mark then to Walter and I). For sake of formality Walter was the final thumbs-up to re-instating the score, but during the call it was I who first articulated my intent to do so to Walter, I want to be clear on that.

2nd - as you scroll downwards you eventually come to a section that begins with the following (see below)...but in Paul's site all you see is strict text, no true documents. Without seeing the actual E-MAIL in PDF format or HTML format from way back then as I no longer have E-MAILs from that era (no idea if Walter does) then this is all that there is as far as "proof" sent to Walter and I by Paul post phone call...

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 159
Size:  69.8 KB

I won't divulge further but the details for those who wish to read are publicly visible on Paul's site within the body of that hyperlink.

Finally, take a look at the final section of the hyperlink (see below)...this is the ORIGINAL TG policy on score challenges on "mature" scores culled from Walter's 1st Book of Records...a policy no longer valid as it was superseded by the one which I wrote and published on the TG site, with Walter's permission, and which was revised at least once. That "90% rule" was thrown out in "favour" of the 100% rule as the TG Board of Referees realized quickly that the old rule was ripe for abuse. After all, saying that "proof" of a 1M score on "Ms Pac" under the "90% Rule" would only require a replay of 910K which by that time had been done by at least several players including both Darren Harris and Chris Ayra live and simultaneously at the Funspot 2000 or 2001 event (I forget which)

Name:  Capture2.JPG
Views: 158
Size:  64.2 KB

You can also see that while the original grassroots good-willed intent of prohibiting score challenges on a 20+ year old title was at the time seen as sensible, that was then and this is now.
  5. 04-03-2021, 02:05 AM
    OK, that's the "evidence". Judge for yourself.

I checked Mark Longridge's site www.cubeman.org as at some point within that trail of E-MAILs within Paul's re-instatement hyperlink Mark mentions that he will make mention of the re-instatement on his (Mark's) site. I just checked Mark's site as I said and did not see any such post even though his site as far as the arcade section goes has largely remained unchanged since 2004 or 2005.

So, we have anecdotal evidence and affirmations from both Phil Britt and, by proxy, Jeff Peters as to Paul's prowess at SH BUT it was up to performances in the 2M+ range of accomplishment inclusive of seeing Paul achieve 2M+ on a single life. I forget if one of them affirmed witnessing a performance up to the 4M level or not but such is entirely possible AND likely, but definitely neither spoke of witnessing scores achieved in the range of 7M+ and possibly in the range of 5M+ as well...but 4M+ definitely sticks out in my own recollection from what I heard collectively from them.

Lastly, as for his "documentation" sent to Walter and also myself as it turns out (that was and still is my business address), you will note that within the text version of the E-MAIL dated 5/27/04 is the text of his medical specifics. Now, if he had enclosed within the E-MAIL either JPG, PNG or PDF formats of those medical documents such is impossible to tell. Also, logically, a text version of the E-MAIL could not possibly have transcribed the text of embedded enclosures as such is not possible UNLESS Paul took the time for the sending of the E-MAIL to transcribe them himself.

The problem, though, is whether his transcription was SOLELY what he sent to Walter and I in that E-MAIL or not. I remind you, in Paul's own words he said "Please find below (key word "below") my medical condition at this time". A partial clip from the above JPEG file is recapped again below...

Name:  Capture3.JPG
Views: 152
Size:  17.1 KB

I would subscribe to the reasonable though uncertain conclusion that no physical documentation was provided within THAT E-MAIL and that this was a text recap only. Whether Paul separately sent to Walter and ONLY to Walter the actual documentation is unknown. However I cannot affirm that I received copies of his actual medical condition myself in that original E-MAIL or a separate one, and there is no way from Paul's transcription to prove that there were hard-copy enclosures within that first E-MAIL to Walter and myself either.

It comes down to credibility. I believed Paul's strategy and tactics during our discussion to adequately in my opinion explain away how he successfully and largely consistently (as he DID at least die a few times during the game) managed to escape unscathed from these problem areas the vast majority of the time, and I believed the anecdotal evidence from Phil and Jeff (who Walter called "unimpeachable" individuals at some point within that massive E-MAIL trail if you take the time to read it all)

But I am not 100% sure that it is credible from Paul's own site and his own text recap whether actual hard-copy or an E-MAIL receipt containing JPG, PNG or PDF format copies of said documents, was in fact ever received by myself though I cannot speak for Walter separate from that E-MAIL, and I do not personally recollect seeing hard-copies provided within that 1st E-MAIL. And in fact I do not recollect receiving a subsequent E-MAIL containing digital hard-copies either although as stated earlier it is possible that only Walter received that E-MAIL. There is simply no way to know or be certain of this at that point. The only thing I am 100% positive of is that I never included in any post-reinstatement thread on the TG forum (or the CG forum) indication that I had seen physical medical documentation...only that the re-instatement itself was based on that 3-way phone call outcome between Walter, Paul and myself.

Robert
  6. 04-03-2021, 07:10 AM
    Is it possible to add this to the official dispute ? A forum post can be lost but the dispute is forever linked to the score
    Last edited by Snowflake; 04-03-2021 at 08:16 AM.
  7. 04-03-2021, 11:43 AM
    Man Petric you are out in the open about how much you hate Paul. I'm ashamed for you as you clearly have no shame in saying what you're saying. Are we challenging his medical condition at the time or is this about his game play? Are you chapped about the reinstatement or about the result of the recent dispute?
  8. 04-03-2021, 11:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bensweeneyonbass View Post
    Man Petric you are out in the open about how much you hate Paul. I'm ashamed for you as you clearly have no shame in saying what you're saying. Are we challenging his medical condition at the time or is this about his game play? Are you chapped about the reinstatement or about the result of the recent dispute?

Ben. I DO NOT HATE Paul. I have NO reason to!

You're right, I don't have any shame in saying what I said!

What medical condition are you talking about ? No one knows if there even was one! See here what he said in a Retro Gamer magazine interview....................

So the powers that be relented before medical certificates were required. Was that before or after the legal threat? Do you know, Ben?

john

Attached Images Attached Images  
  9. 04-04-2021, 04:21 AM
    Whatever man I'm not taking any more bait. You just go ahead and reread what you wrote and tell me who's the one casting shade without evidence. (LMFAO right?)
  10. 04-04-2021, 04:22 AM
    RTM thanks for adding the info to the discussion. As snowflake mentioned you can still add to the official dispute so it would be great to bring this info there for permanence.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us