Recent "Spy Hunter" Debate

This poll is closed
  1. 04-04-2021, 08:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post

So, to be clear, the decision to re-instate his score post phone call was made by his revealed strategies and tactics alone at a good number of key points within the game....
    Hi, Robert. If Paul had revealed that he used the bridge out/weapons van glitch, what would you have done then?

john
  2. 04-04-2021, 09:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lexmark View Post
    Hi, Robert. If Paul had revealed that he used the bridge out/weapons van glitch, what would you have done then?

john

RTM REPLY - Simple. In that era (not now) Walter was the final say. Likely because of the prominence of the score, Walter would have opted for reclassification under a new category. Back THEN (not now) I likely would have initially and likely vehemently opposed it...but there was a time when I opened myself up to new "variations" as they were known back then such as splitting "Jungle Hunt/King" and "Turbo"...I just cannot remember if I started being open to such possibilities during the conversation with Paul or afterwards. I was admittedly more hard-nosed about the rules earlier on in my tenure at TG.

In the here and now I can see the preservationist need to maintain the score under a different category, but the purist in me would regard the no-glitch record with more prominence even if the glitch record was 5x the latter or higher. Same way I view the "Centipede" spider-trap record...I could care less if it is 25M or 50M...the classic gameplay record is THE record as far as I am concerned...and then the TGTS record is it's own record of commensurate prominence
  3. 04-21-2021, 07:23 PM
    Thanks for the info
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Join us