Sega Saturn - Sega Rally Championship - NTSC - Desert - Fastest Lap - 49.087 - Stephen Burke

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Sega Saturn - Sega Rally Championship - NTSC - Desert - Fastest Lap - 49.087 - Stephen Burke

04-15-2021, 03:08 AM
    vzaar-player

Additional Video Evidence:
    vzaar-player
    NTSC - Desert - Fastest Lap
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=1973
    Rank

Rules
    Any vehicle (normal or secret) may be used.
    Submission Message
    This was achieved on a 60hz switched saturn with a 60hz uk tv playing the USA version of sega rally. The video is just over 10 minutes long and i was aiming to beat my previous time of 49.98 which i achieved. It was on the last lap that i got the 49.87. I was using the controller and in manual as you can see at the beginning of the video

2. 04-15-2021, 04:12 AM
    Hi Stephen. So your performance was achieved on a PAL Saturn modified with a 50/60Hz switch mod, if I'm correct. I don't know if it's acceptable for this track. You should show a close-up of your hardware (and game disc) as well. I'm abstaining for now.
  3. 04-15-2021, 04:21 AM
    Hi yes it was on a pal machine with a region switch so it is running in full 60hz NTSC AND MY TV IS 60HZ, I was using a USA back up disk of sega rally so it is all identical and runs full ntsc, you can clearly see with the frame pacing it is running full NTSC.So my machine and set up is basically NTSC,USA
    THANKS
    STE
  4. 04-15-2021, 04:46 AM
    Hi i have just uploaded additional video evidence showing me switching the machine from pal to NTSC and you are able to see the saturn running in full NTSC mode compared to the slower pal mode,
    Thanks
    Ste
    Thanks Luigi Ruffolo thanked this post
  5. 04-15-2021, 05:12 AM
    See Stephen I told you not to post this one, you have to show the console, the boot sequence, etc. Also you put in 48.87 as 48.087, I just got gigged for the same thing. So this is gonna get rejected.

Downvote this and then upvote some other racing times for easy submission points, also look over the rules and other runs.

It's not sour grapes, I think even sub-49 might be possible on NTSC, so I believe that your time is legitimate, I am just telling you what other people here are gonna do.
    Thanks Ste burke thanked this post
  6. 04-15-2021, 05:33 AM
    I didnt Matt i put it in as 49.87, i have just uploaded extra evidence to show the NTSC SWITCH VS PAL to show that it is running at full NTSC so hopefully that will be enough for it to be excepted
    Thanks
  7. 04-15-2021, 05:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ste burke View Post
    I didnt Matt i put it in as 49.87, i have just uploaded extra evidence to show the NTSC SWITCH VS PAL to show that it is running at full NTSC so hopefully that will be enough for it to be excepted
    Thanks
    I did the same thing, I typed 14 but then it came out as .014. Next time you have to type 870 rather than 87
    Thanks Ste burke thanked this post
  8. 04-15-2021, 05:55 AM
    I really think that region modded systems aren't allowed, I'm surprise some of the folks more versed in this haven't chimed in.

As far as the wrong time input-
    If I gave you a dollar for everyone who HASN'T done that here, you wouldn't have many dollars. Is NBD, live and learn, again, almost everyone has made that mistake.

Rejecting on account of the incorrect time, but would abstain regardless unless Rage or Barthax or someone chimed in with certainty, I do a lot of PAL stuff myself, tho I live in NTSC World, I'm just pretty sure the region mods are too easily "messed with", tho that's over my head.

Good Luck going forward, don't get discouraged-many people come in, kinda upset over all the rules and particularities, but once you are here a while, you understand why they are in place.
    So they say
    Dance for me, dance for me, dance for me, oh, oh, oh
    Likes fredb999 liked this post
  9. 04-15-2021, 01:45 PM
    Only just noticed this one. Original consoles are in the Global Rules & the PAL system is not originally capable of NTSC and definitely doesn't come with a 60Hz switch.

Voting No due to the time issue - as Roger points out, near everyone trips over that. The form asks for milliseconds & milliseconds are always three digits (two digits are centiseconds, one digit is decaseconds or whatever it's called).
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
Join us