NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Tetris [Nintendo Version] - NTSC - Most Lines - 297 - Myles Miller

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Tetris [Nintendo Version] - NTSC - Most Lines - 297 - Myles Miller

04-15-2021, 06:18 PM
    Additional Video Evidence:
    vzaar-player
    NTSC - Most Lines
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=14178
    Rank
    Rules
    1 Life Only [Game-A]
    Special Rules: Not that there are any lives in the game, but you get only 1 attempt per game! This is a 1 Player Game ONLY! You're free to not only choose music or silence, but you're allowed to choose what starting level you desire. [Please note, you may also access levels 10-19 by holding the A Button while the selection is over 0-9 respectively, and hitting the Startbutton. Allowing the demo to scroll through and hitting Start as a line or Tetris is completed, selecting your level and causing the screen to flash when you start, enabling yourself to gain a free line or lines and therefore free points is banned! Your scoring attempt ends when the blocks reach the top of the screen and the Game Over message pops up. If the score rolls over, it will continue to be calculated. If the game stops at 999,999 and doesn't roll over, play on for a few seconds to clearly show this and you may then end the game. Pausing for ANY reason = Disqualification!
    Please note that although this variation is for most lines, you may submit it as a Points attempt as well.
    Submission Message
    297 lines in NES tetris which beats Ben Mullen's. I have mutiple level 30s but I got this video really quick to submit. Here it is:

Thanks RedDawn, Pixe Sukola thanked this post
  2. 04-15-2021, 08:22 PM
    Holy Cow man! What a performance!
    Great evidence package, even better gameplay.
    Everything checks out, voting YES to this submission.
    Very impressed, Welcome to TG!
  3. 04-16-2021, 12:08 AM
    Wow! Never seen anyone go that high. I would've lost at level 15.
  4. 04-16-2021, 12:25 AM
    Hi Myles, welcome to Twin Galaxies.

Absolutely amazing performance. What's your PB in lines?
    Daniel Ocampo
    Tomena Sanner
    Champion and JJT lover (not in that way).
  5. 04-16-2021, 05:30 AM
    I have gotten 242 lines from an 18 start. I never play anything lower than level 18 but if I wanted to I'm sure I could easily get 300 lines or more.
    Thanks Pixe Sukola thanked this post
    Likes Pixe Sukola liked this post
  6. 04-16-2021, 06:19 AM
    Nice!
    A few things-
    Man, I got a top-loader(a Famicom, actually, but can play USA NTSC on Everdrive), my startup problems went away immediately, I think the USA top loader is an improvement over the original as well, mebbe something to look into. Don't get me wrong-you GOTTA have an original NES as well, 'cause it just looks awesome.

I'm ok at Tetris, but you make me feel small, haha!

Lastly-my Grandson's name is Myles, haha, so I automatically like you!!!

Keep it up, do everything you can with those tetrominos, but don't stop there, there's Worlds of games out there to explore and submit on!!!

Accepted!!!
    So they say
    Dance for me, dance for me, dance for me, oh, oh, oh
    Likes MylesTheGreat liked this post
  7. 04-16-2021, 06:35 AM
    Thank you for the kind words! The reason there was some issues loading the game is because of the cartridge. I also normally use an everdrive so I think I might need to clean my original Tetris cartridge a little bit for it to work smoother since I haven’t used it in a while.

Thanks, Myles
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  8. 04-16-2021, 06:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesTheGreat View Post
    Thank you for the kind words! The reason there was some issues loading the game is because of the cartridge. I also normally use an everdrive so I think I might need to clean my original Tetris cartridge a little bit for it to work smoother since I haven’t used it in a while.

Thanks, Myles
    Oh, certainly no worries-TBH, I wouldn't even call the little bobbling you had to do to get started an "issue"-it's just what NES's do, lol, it ain't you!!!
    I took the pin section out of both of my NES's a while back, boiled them, did everything I could to get them "1988" again(actually, we had that same problem even then...), but I just struggle with them. Goes out mid-game sometimes.

Actually(Haha!), me and Myles played about halfway thru the original Zelda once, the system struggled to start up so bad once that we completely lost the save, he was really, really bummed out-he's coming over this eve, my Son is going to an Aaron Lewis concert, lol, and I swear I considered us starting it back up again tonight-pretty sure "stream of conciousness" just decided "yes", haha!

Ya, I'm not too technical, the original and the top loader both have A/V capability, but I'm pretty sure the top loaders have a *better* A/V too, the picture from my Famicom to my TV is beautiful.

Well, alright, Everdrive!!!
    Pick thru the darned scoreboard, Man, every score ain't gotta be first, find games that look fun to you, that you can score on!

Cleaning-I use unscented/pure hand sanitizer and Q-tips on every type cart contact, really works wonders.
    So they say
    Dance for me, dance for me, dance for me, oh, oh, oh
  9. 04-16-2021, 03:59 PM
    Why can't everyone submit their evidence this thoroughly? Very well done and CONGRATZ, Myles! Outstanding evidence package. Settings and score confirmed. Voting yes.
    Thanks MylesTheGreat thanked this post
    Likes MylesTheGreat liked this post
Join us