NES / FAMICOM / DISK - The Simpsons: Bart vs. The Space Mutants - NTSC - Fastest Completion - 42:41.0 - bensweeneyonbass

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. NES / FAMICOM / DISK - The Simpsons: Bart vs. The Space Mutants - NTSC - Fastest Completion - 42:41.0 - bensweeneyonbass

04-16-2021, 05:28 AM
    vzaar-player

NTSC - Fastest Completion
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=13109
    Rank

Rules
    TGTS Settings [3 Lives to Start, 5 Lives Maximum]
    Special Rules: You May use the warpzones! The Timer begins when you hit Start on the Title Screen and ends when Maggie tosses the 16th and final rod into Nuclear Reactor. You MUST complete the game or your record/attempt WILL be disqualified!
    Submission Message
    Forgot about this run. It's four years old. I'm not sure I'll ever have the nerve again to grind on this. Was going for the 5 life points record and just could never hack a full game completion with 5 lives at the pace I needed to get the record. I'll submit the points run too for whatever score I had when I lost my fifth life.
    Thanks for watching. Hardware is shown at the end. Twitch highlight is here https://www.twitch.tv/videos/133106416
    I submitted this to speedrun.com too but their timing is different. Here the time starts when you press start on the title screen (occurs at 0:08 in this video) but at speedrun you start when you take control (at 0:20). The ending here is when Maggie throws the last rod in the chamber (it actually looks like her binkie not a rod) and the ending at speedrun is when you "talk to Maggie." In both cases she throws the object in, and when it registers with the game the bottom menu fades and is replaced by text. I believe that is the same event (42:49).

2. 04-16-2021, 05:52 AM
    Oh my lord I'm an idiot. Please don't vote yes on this. The same TGTS 5 Life settings apply to this track as do the points track. Durf.

Sorry everyone.
  3. 04-16-2021, 06:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bensweeneyonbass View Post
    Oh my lord I'm an idiot. Please don't vote yes on this. The same TGTS 5 Life settings apply to this track as do the points track. Durf.

Sorry everyone.
    Haha, sooo many new people making errors in submissions, I try to tell them I do it, you do it(not specifically), we ALL do it, but I'm not sure they believe me...
    :)
    No lie, I didn't really even check the sub, on account of yur comment, but I assume you just gotta "do it right", and can still score high that way as well, so go get it!!!

Abstaining, I really only vote "no" when someone asks us to, lol, "hedging my bets".

Cowabunga, Dude!
    (Or whatever-I'd actually put money on me being the person in the World who has seen the Simpsons the very least, I don't think I've ever even accidentally watched 5 minutes of it...).
    So they say
    Dance for me, dance for me, dance for me, oh, oh, oh
    Thanks bensweeneyonbass thanked this post
  4. 04-16-2021, 06:35 AM
    It's a brutal platformer. Really tough. I suppose I'll give it another whack one of these days. Not looking forward to it though lol.

And yeah I've mucked up a couple submissions lately just because I made assumptions about the rules. Bad assumptions.
  5. 04-16-2021, 06:42 AM
    It's a brutal platformer. Really tough. I suppose I'll give it another whack one of these days. Not looking forward to it though lol.

And yeah I've mucked up a couple submissions lately just because I made assumptions about the rules. Bad assumptions.
    Never thought about it, but mebbe that's why I gravitated to the 2600 as a mainstay-it's possible, but a lot more difficult to make wrong assumptions than it is on more advanced games, I guess?
    :D
    So they say
    Dance for me, dance for me, dance for me, oh, oh, oh
  6. 04-16-2021, 07:25 AM
    Well, you can create a new track where there is no life cap of 5 and resubmit?

Sorry everyone.
    -Ohya, baby! I'm the first ever dude on the planet to get a documented PERFECT score on Bonk's Adventure!
    I also have a high score on Alfred Chicken.... yeah, not as good.
    http://videogames101.com
    or http://www.youtube.com/user/starsoldier1
    Thanks bensweeneyonbass thanked this post
  7. 04-16-2021, 07:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by starsoldier1 View Post
    Well, you can create a new track where there is no life cap of 5 and resubmit?
    I could do that. Allow me to think on it. Part of me likes the idea of opening up the competition a bit, but part of me is skeptical that there'd be anything I could do to encourage competition on this old hard game. Thanks for bringing it up!
Join us