Sega Saturn - Sega Rally Championship - NTSC - Forest - Fastest Lap - 01:12.62 - Matthew Farrell

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Sega Saturn - Sega Rally Championship - NTSC - Forest - Fastest Lap - 01:12.62 - Matthew Farrell

04-16-2021, 07:09 AM
    vzaar-player

NTSC - Forest - Fastest Lap
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=1974
    Rank
    Rules
    Any vehicle (normal or secret) may be used.
    Submission Message
    The relevant lap is at 16 minutes 50 seconds. Options at 1 minute 47 seconds.

Likes Barthax liked this post
  2. 04-16-2021, 07:17 AM
    I don't have enough credibility to file a formal dispute, but in order to complete the full run in 2 minutes 32 seconds, he'd have to achieve a mean lap time of 50.67 seconds. Compare this to Danny Rumsay's amazing 68 second run which has very little room for improvement. I'm sorry to say, but I don't think it's possible.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Thanks Luigi Ruffolo thanked this post
  3. 04-16-2021, 03:54 PM
    Ahhhh ... the infamous 06/11/2004 "verified" (LOLZ!) date. I personally don't believe *any* score that has that date stamp on it. If you were to provide me additional information via PM regarding the possibility (or the impossibility) of getting sub-3-minute on this sufficient enough to warrant a dispute, I'll file the dispute for you.
    Likes Math Fareswell liked this post
  4. 04-16-2021, 06:36 PM
    My sent items folder is empty, but it said that the message was sent. Thanks, Garrett. It's just not fun to compete on something if winning is not physically possible!

I said this in the PM but for the sake of transparency let me repeat here that I think it was an honest mistake wherein they took a 2-lap time from the championship mode and put that into the 3-lap time trial mode of the high score track. So the guy's other scores are not necessarily called into question by this.
    Thanks Garrett Holland thanked this post
    Likes Garrett Holland liked this post
  5. 04-16-2021, 06:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Math Fareswell View Post
    My sent items folder is empty, but it said that the message was sent. Thanks, Garrett. It's just not fun to compete on something if winning is not physically possible!

I said this in the PM but for the sake of transparency let me repeat here that I think it was an honest mistake wherein they took a 2-lap time from the championship mode and put that into the 3-lap time trial mode of the high score track. So the guy's other scores are not necessarily called into question by this.
    I got the message, thank you! In my opinion, there is enough information in there to start a dispute, however, there may not be enough information to ultimately get the sub-3-minute record removed. There also *might* be, but might not be as well. At the very least, a very warranted examination process can begin, especially given the dynamics of the game. Expect to see it within the next hour or so.
    Thanks Math Fareswell thanked this post
    Likes Barthax liked this post
  6. 04-22-2021, 08:40 AM
    well played, accepted!
    Daniel Ocampo
    Tomena Sanner
    Champion and JJT lover (not in that way).
    Thanks Math Fareswell thanked this post
Join us