Help Submitting Video File for MAME Score - robotgreg

This poll is closed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Help Submitting Video File for MAME Score - robotgreg

04-22-2021, 01:35 AM
    Hi

I'm trying to submit a score for MAME. This is the first score I will have submitted and not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Filled all the fields in on the submission form but when it comes to upload the files, it's fine with the inp but not the zip file for the video I've recorded of the inp. I've zipped it up (it was in mp4) and the file size is 530MB. I thought I saw somewhere that the limit is 1GB. When I try to upload the file, it comes up with the message:

413 Request Entity Too Large

I've tried using different browsers and PCs but with no joy.

Is there something I'm doing wrong, is there something wrong with TG website or is the file size limit lower?

What is the file size limit?

If the file size is too large, I'm not sure how to make it that much smaller. The video is 26 minutes long so could be a lot longer!

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Greg
  2. 04-22-2021, 05:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by robotgreg View Post
    If the file size is too large, I'm not sure how to make it that much smaller. The video is 26 minutes long so could be a lot longer!

In bytes, how large is the file? I don't know what sort of file size limit there is at TG, but even a 26 minute video can be massive if there's little or no compression.
  3. 04-22-2021, 06:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by grinder2112 View Post
    In bytes, how large is the file? I don't know what sort of file size limit there is at TG, but even a 26 minute video can be massive if there's little or no compression.
    The file is around 400Meg but have reduced to 300 with a online compression website but not sure how I can compress it any further so what else I can do!

What I'd like to know is what is the size limit as I wonder if the site is not working properly?
  4. 04-22-2021, 07:18 AM
    Right I can see that the max file size is just under 100M so that explains the error. I needed to scroll down to see this, didn't realise!

So what I'm really struggling with is how to compress the file to under 100M - can anyone advise please.
  5. 04-22-2021, 07:30 AM
    All sorted now. What I didn't realise is there is a separate section for the inp file and one for the video. So I was trying to upload the video on the first section!!! I'll know for next time...
    Likes grinder2112 liked this post
Join us