PlayStation - Point Blank - NTSC - Arcade Mode - Very Hard Difficulty [Points] - 194,885 - Jacob Spring

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. PlayStation - Point Blank - NTSC - Arcade Mode - Very Hard Difficulty [Points] - 194,885 - Jacob Spring

04-23-2021, 03:11 AM
    vzaar-player

NTSC - Arcade Mode - Very Hard Difficulty [Points]
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=21896
    Rank
    Rules
    Arcade Mode, Very Hard Difficulty 1-Player only No continues
    Submission Message
    00:00:06 - show disc
    00:00:23 - booting console
    00:40:31 - very hard mode chosen
    00:49:17 - results
    00:49:32 - enter initials

Thanks Muerto thanked this post
  2. 04-23-2021, 05:25 AM
    It has been established that game submissions cannot be performed on a version that has a differing name. There could be regional differences that we, the average adjudicators, would have no way of knowing about, and therefore cannot vote confidently on the submission.

Open for debate.
    Matthew 21:22

Street Fighter (15th) Anniversary Collection: Hyper Street Fighter II World Champion (PS2)

My current collection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKzvF3dRPsw
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  3. 04-23-2021, 05:33 AM
    See prior discussion, for reference.

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...003#post862003

Street Fighter (15th) Anniversary Collection: Hyper Street Fighter II World Champion (PS2)

4. 04-23-2021, 06:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by YesAffinity View Post
    It has been established that game submissions cannot be performed on a version that has a differing name. There could be regional differences that we, the average adjudicators, would have no way of knowing about, and therefore cannot vote confidently on the submission.

Open for debate.
    I'd counter this with: There are games that have differences in game play by region, but have the exact same title. I don't think it should be a blanket statement either way, but should be a game by game determination.
    Likes JJT_Defender, Fly liked this post
  5. 04-23-2021, 06:41 AM
    I think it can be a blanket statement for game names that differ, again predicated on "we as an average adjudicator cannot know if there are differences or not." I.e. without scrutiny of game code, etc, which is well beyond the purview of the average adjudicators responsibility.

Now if there are known differences in gameplay of the same game across different regions, then that should be a point for further discussion.

But the simple premise of "this track is for this title and what you played on is not the required title" should be upheld imho.

6. 04-23-2021, 12:17 PM
    This plays exactly the same as pal and ntdc_u. Only the name differs.

Kind of like how bust a move and puzzle bobble are the same.
    [Twitch: spectredk],[Youtube: spring79],[Twitter: @Sp3c7r3DK]
    aka Jacob Spring and Twin Galaxies Arcade World Record holder on Metal Slug Supervehicle-001
    Likes Fly liked this post
  7. 04-23-2021, 12:32 PM
    Maybe thats a bad example as thats a region toggle but ive put a lot of hours into both pal and ntsc and it plays the same.
    The stages Are the same, the difficult feels the same and the scoring rules Are the same
    aka Jacob Spring and Twin Galaxies Arcade World Record holder on Metal Slug Supervehicle-001
    Likes Fly liked this post
  8. 04-25-2021, 10:27 AM
    Ok, I've been away all weekend and finally came back home at the computer so that I can do some proper digging to make my case. I will do a writeup and do some video comparisons to make it clear that alle 3 regions: PAL, NTSC-U and NTSC-J are all the same not including the title. As this submission is not a speedrun explaining the whole 50hz vs 60hz thing wont be done.

What I will look into is:
    1. stage selection - the same stages are available on all regions
    2. point calculation - various stage point calculation are calculated the same
    3. bonus calculation - mid-game bonus and endgame bonus are the same

please give me some time as I will have to dig through videos to find material across regions that can be used for comparison.
  9. 04-25-2021, 01:52 PM
    Ok, I have searched through videos to find stages that compare. I wanted to find stages where you can't shoot "extra" object to raise your shot counter, and I found a couple of stages in 3 videos that are comparable.
    The stages I will refer to as: Red Target and The Birdhouse

I have found a video for NTSC-U, NTSC-J and PAL. Below are the links and I will refer to these with timestamps.
    NTSC-U (Expert)

NTSC-J (Expert) https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/230610
    PAL (Expert) https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/229752

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First I would like to note that there is not 1 single stages that is present in 1 region and not the others.
    In this case we will look at expert mode. You will play through 16 stages, which are drawn at random from all the stages available in the game. The stages drawn are placed into 4 groups of 4 stages. 1 of the stages in each group will be marked "very hard". No type of stage is excluded from being marked "very hard" and like the stages themselves, the ones marked "very hard" is random. A "very hard" stage means what it says, it's very hard. Compared to a regular stage you now typically have to shoot more target in less time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After playing 2 groups of 4 stages. 8 stages in total, you're presented with a mid-game bonus stage. It consists of 4 chests sinking underwater. You get 1 shot and have to shoot 1 chest. A chest can contain the following:
    1. nothing = 0 bonus pts 0 extra lives
    2. a hear = 0 bonus pts 1 extra life
    3. conis = 10,000 pts 0 extra lives
    4. coins and a heart = 10,000 pts 1 extra life

If you miss your shot and don't hit anything you're not penalized, you just get nothing.

mid-game bonus comparison:
    00:04:32 - NTSC-U (see attatchment 7)
    00:03:52 - NTSC-J (see attatchment 8)
    00:20:34 - PAL (see attatchment 9)

As you can see in all 3 versions you get 10,000pts for the coins and an extra life for the heart.

When you've completed all stages you get to the final castle stages where you have to hit 21 targets in 5 seconds. If you hit them all you get around 30,500pts.

After this your score is tallied and you end-game bonus is added. For every extra life you have you get an additional 10,000pts added to you score. If you have 4 hearts that equals 4x 10,000pts = 40,000pts.

end-bonus comparison:
    00:08:22 - NTSC-U (see attatchment 13)
    00:08:42 - NTSC-J (see attatchment 14)
    00:25:22 - PAL (see attatchment 15)

The castle stage score is made up like the other stages by 3 categories.
    21 hits = 28,000pts
    hit% = 100% = 2000pts
    quickshot = how fast can you finish = faster is better

NTSC-U (see attatchment 10)
    NTSC-J (see attatchment 11)
    PAL (see attatchment 12)

and in each version you get 10,000pts per extra life (heart) = 4x 10,000pts = 40,000pts

NTSC-U (see attatchment 13)
    NTSC-J (see attatchment 14)
    PAL (see attatchment 15)

Stage score comparison 1: Red Target
    00:01:21 - NTSC-U (see attatchment 1)
    00:02:58 - NTSC-J (see attatchment 2)
    00:01:21 - PAL (see attatchment 3)

HIT - 10x point tally
    HIT% - starts on 1000pts and if you don't miss it adds 1000pts = 2000pts
    Quick - quickest to completion. Faster is better

Stage score comparison 2: The Birdhouse
    00:07:32 - NTSC-U (see attatchment 4)
    00:03:15 - NTSC-J (see attatchment 5)
    00:17:29 - PAL (see attatchment 6)

HIT - 120pts x targets hit = 64x 120pts = 7680pts
    HIT% - how fast is 1st hit? Faster is better
    Quick - starts on 1000pts and if you don't miss it adds 1000pts = 2000pts

note: HIT% is calculated in finer detail than shown. It does not show more than one decimal, but more than one decimal goes into the equation. That's why NTSC-U and PAL score of 0.6 seconds does not equal the same amount of points. Several quick shot of 0.6 over many games on the same version could vary depending on the decimals not shown.

I hope this can shed some light on things. The scoring rules are the same. The RNG is the same. Everything but the name is the same.
    Attached Images Attached Images                
  10. 04-25-2021, 02:01 PM
    That's annoying. I switched HIT% and Quick Shot around, so here is the correct saying.

Stage score comparison 2: The Birdhouse

00:07:32 - NTSC-U (see attatchment 4)
    00:03:15 - NTSC-J (see attatchment 5)
    00:17:29 - PAL (see attatchment 6)

HIT - 120pts x targets hit = 64x 120pts = 7680pts
    HIT% - starts on 1000pts and if you don't miss it adds 1000pts = 2000pts
    Quick - how fast is 1st hit? Faster is better

note: Quick Shot is calculated in finer detail than shown. It does not show more than one decimal, but more than one decimal goes into the equation. That's why NTSC-U and PAL score of 0.6 seconds does not equal the same amount of points. Several quick shot of 0.6 over many games on the same version could vary depending on the decimals not shown.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Join us