PlayStation - Point Blank - NTSC - Arcade Mode - Very Hard Difficulty [Points] - 194,885 - Jacob Spring

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 07-22-2021, 12:44 AM
    Bumping for votes and opinions.
  2. 07-22-2021, 01:45 AM
    I don't see a problem with this submission. It's my score he's beating if that helps any.

Fly
    If you need me, I'll be on the 7th floor. No Mames. No steering wheels.
    Likes spectre liked this post
  3. 08-13-2021, 10:23 PM
    I suppose Im going to vote YES on this.

'Carnival King' was that other light gun game I was thinking of. Like Point Blank and Zero Point, its a "non-violent" shooter.
    Rampage Arcade World Champion
    ...............Roy was Right..................
  4. 09-03-2021, 02:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by spectre View Post
    This plays exactly the same as pal and ntdc_u. Only the name differs.

Kind of like how bust a move and puzzle bobble are the same.
    Jacob, does the game speed PAL vs NTSC not come into play here? I see the game is on rails but the time in which enemies appear would differ PAL -> NTSC and vise versa no? Or am i missing something? I don't know anything about this title so just curious how it differs from any other title regarding in game speed.
  5. 09-03-2021, 02:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rotunda View Post
    Jacob, does the game speed PAL vs NTSC not come into play here? I see the game is on rails but the time in which enemies appear would differ PAL -> NTSC and vise versa no? Or am i missing something? I don't know anything about this title so just curious how it differs from any other title regarding in game speed.
    Wait scrap this i just realised it was an NTSC-J disc... It's NTSC vs NTSC, I'll be accepting as it's points not a speed run.
    Thanks spectre thanked this post
  6. 09-03-2021, 11:28 PM
    Exactly, this is a case between NTSC-U and NTSC-J. The stages, rules and point system are exactly the same, as I've tried to lay out by the above examples.

Only the name differs.

Thanks for taking the time to look through this
    [Twitch: spectredk],[Youtube: spring79],[Twitter: @Sp3c7r3DK]
    aka Jacob Spring and Twin Galaxies Arcade World Record holder on Metal Slug Supervehicle-001
    Likes rotunda liked this post
  7. 09-04-2021, 01:00 AM
    @spectre It's a no brainer for me. I did my RR records using a NTSC-J game which has a slightly different publisher NAMCOT vs NAMCO and they have also used different names for the series in japan in later games does it effect them? Not at all, the japanese just like to change names for the US/EU market sometimes. There are no differences what so ever except NTSC-U shows MPH and english and NTSC-J shows km/h and japanese text in RR 1. That's not to say ALL games are like this but I've looked over your game play vs a NTSC-U play through. There are no differences. As it's a shooter on rails makes it even easier to see. I'd invite any adjudicator to do the same, you won't see a difference.

Speedrun? Yes potential issues depending on the game given text displaying. Points? None what so ever if the game is the same and this is the case here.

Accepted.
    Likes Luigi Ruffolo, spectre, Fly liked this post
  8. 09-04-2021, 09:30 AM
    Let's make this official. I'm holding off on trying to get 1st place again until this goes through.

Fly
    If you need me, I'll be on the 7th floor. No Mames. No steering wheels.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Join us