Dispute: Sean Dwyer - TurboGrafx-16 - Out Run - Highest Score - Player: Derek Camin - Sean Dwyer

Is this a valid dispute?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. Dispute: Sean Dwyer - TurboGrafx-16 - Out Run - Highest Score - Player: Derek Camin - Sean Dwyer

04-27-2021, 06:54 AM
    TurboGrafx-16 - Out Run - Highest Score
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=231826
    Rank

Rules
    Normal difficulty or higher, no cheats allowed.
    Player Name
    Derek Camin
    Original Adjudication
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php?t=217342
    Verification Method
    TGSAP
    Verification Date
    2020-06-07
    Disputed Score
    3,178,230 (Rank 1)
    Disputed By
    sdwyer138
    Dispute Evidence / Rationale
    The gamer is playing a PCE rom. This game was not released for TG16, only PCE. TG16 and PCE are listed as separate platforms. The score should be removed and the track/game should be deleted.
  2. 04-27-2021, 07:12 AM
    screen shot of rom selection from the submission
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  3. 04-27-2021, 07:47 AM
    I don't usually chime in on dispute stuff(BTW, Hi, Sean!!!), but am about to start exploring the TG-16/PCE, sooner than later.
    I guess I am really asking for information, somewhat relevant to the topic, rather than providing any(sorry.).

OK, the TG-16 and the PCE are both NTSC, right?
    If so, I kinda think the platforms should be combined?
    I don't see the difference between the differences(woo, I like that, haha!), in those and, say, SNES, playing Japanese vs USA roms, the Super Famicom is tracked side by side with the SNES.

Going farther-
    The UK SNES is tracked within the SNES/Super Famicom platform, but the games are tracked separately.

Not sure this is productive towards this actual dispute, but definitely some questions I have, for sure, if it's essentially "same/same" for "x" platform, why would it not be for "y" platform?

Also, for instance-the 2600-it's all one leaderboard, PAL and NTSC games are just tracked separately, and most systems that have emu, even, have them combined in the main track.

If nothing else, it should be moved to the proper place really.

Swear, not trying to be contrary to anyone else's thoughts, those are just mine, and I AM undereducated on this system right now, so take my thoughts with that grain of salt.
    So they say
    Dance for me, dance for me, dance for me, oh, oh, oh
  4. 04-27-2021, 08:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post
    I don't usually chime in on dispute stuff(BTW, Hi, Sean!!!), but am about to start exploring the TG-16/PCE, sooner than later.
    I guess I am really asking for information, somewhat relevant to the topic, rather than providing any(sorry.).

OK, the TG-16 and the PCE are both NTSC, right?
    If so, I kinda think the platforms should be combined?
    I don't see the difference between the differences(woo, I like that, haha!), in those and, say, SNES, playing Japanese vs USA roms, the Super Famicom is tracked side by side with the SNES.

Going farther-
    The UK SNES is tracked within the SNES/Super Famicom platform, but the games are tracked separately.

Not sure this is productive towards this actual dispute, but definitely some questions I have, for sure, if it's essentially "same/same" for "x" platform, why would it not be for "y" platform?

Also, for instance-the 2600-it's all one leaderboard, PAL and NTSC games are just tracked separately, and most systems that have emu, even, have them combined in the main track.

If nothing else, it should be moved to the proper place really.

Swear, not trying to be contrary to anyone else's thoughts, those are just mine, and I AM undereducated on this system right now, so take my thoughts with that grain of salt.

Yes, they are both NTSC. My understanding on the separation is that the games frequently have different difficulty levels between the two systems.
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  5. 04-27-2021, 09:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sdwyer138 View Post
    Yes, they are both NTSC. My understanding on the separation is that the games frequently have different difficulty levels between the two systems.
    I TOTALLY get the differences-
    Man, sometimes I wish I were more astute-many people feel that EMU 2600 and real hardware are exactly the same, others don't.
    Doing the Congo Bongo on EMU right now, should be same/same, but there are some enemy patterns that someone smarter than me would really notice, whatever the "rng" is, it's somehow different.
    Mentioned this before-I don't KNOW the differences, but most/all of the top Super Mario Kart times come from the JP cart, which is tracked as NTSC, tho it seems there is a difference, even if it's not "outright".
    Then we got the Tecmo Bowl stuff going on with Kyle-
    If there are different diff levels, I totally get that(mebbe make specific tracks?), but like most other systems, I stil think it should be users choice.

Man, I swear, I'm not exactly vested in how I feel here, my opinions are very superficial, as, again, I don't really know the system.
    :D
    So they say
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
  6. 04-29-2021, 06:08 AM
    Again, w/o enough education on the subject for my thoughts to hold much water, this IS a pretty big can of worms, that's prolly gonna need admin staff, and mebbe even a lot of public opinion to suss out.

I know there's lots of little "issues" that need to be resolved, I know admin does their best, but like the 2 player submission issue, I think getting this straightened out should be pretty high on the list.

I think for scoreboard simplicity, and with the general ability for anyone to play any region now platforms should probably just be combined, with different region games simply tracked as different games, i.e., Uniracers/Unirally on SNES.

Truly, I feel odd chiming in, I don't like to get involved in the serious issues except to crack fart jokes and stuff to tick off the stiffs, but I dunno, seems like a pretty leaky hole here.
    So they say
    Likes Rickster8, Garrett Holland liked this post
Join us