Arcade - Hydro Thunder - Arctic Circle [Fastest Race] - 01:37.25 - Joshua Francis

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Arcade - Hydro Thunder - Arctic Circle [Fastest Race] - 01:37.25 - Joshua Francis

05-10-2021, 10:10 AM
    Additional Video Evidence:
    vzaar-player
    Arctic Circle [Fastest Race]
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=1278
    Rank

Rules
    Use Force Feedback: Yes
    Force Feedback Adjust: 50%
    Metric: Off
    Free Play: Off
    Free Race for 1st: On
    Min Multi-Player For Free Race: Off
    Enable All Boats: On
    Unlock All Tracks: On
    Pricing Menu: Optional [Due to the enormous amount of options available]
    Track Difficulty: 40
    AI Difficulty: 50
    Free Race Limiter: Off
    Limit Free Races: 20%
    Special Rules: This is a 1 Player Variation ONLY! If you have a Linked Cabinet, you must ensure NO OTHER PLAYERS JOIN IN as this MUST BE a Solo Attempt. Although you don't need to be in First place, you MUST complete the race for your time to count.
    Submission Message
    Played on original unmodified Hydro Thunder arcade game with a VGA splitter and game capture card to record video

Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes RedDawn, JJT_Defender liked this post
  2. 05-10-2021, 10:53 AM
    Hi Josh, good run. This is a game I would also like to submit to at some point.

A couple questions though:

Did you play with the track difficulty on 40?
    Did you play with the AI difficulty on 50?

If you could provide some kind of evidence of the game being played on these settings it would go a long way in helping your submission get through.

Awesome game man, hope to see you submit on the rest of the tracks for this game.
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  3. 05-10-2021, 10:59 AM
    I did play using those settings, however when I started streaming I had forgotten to record at the start of the stream. I can definitely include showing the settings in any future submissions.
  4. 05-10-2021, 11:04 AM
    Ok, good.
    And yes that would be excellent.
    I very much look forward to your future submissions.
    Likes JBFcrasher, JJT_Defender liked this post
  5. 05-10-2021, 11:19 AM
    Here's a tip:
    If you start recording and show the settings you can then go on to play 100 games if you want to. It doesn't have to be only one performance per submission.

For example, say you start recording, show settings, and then play 20 games of Hydro Thunder all on the 'Arctic Circle' track. Then you could upload the whole video and take your single best performance from that and put something like "Race starts at 21:45, Race Ends at 24:57" in the evidence description.

You see what I mean? That way you dont have to keep stopping your recording, showing settings bunches of times, etc..... you can do it all just once.

Sorry if my wording is confusing at all. Here is an example of one of my submissions where I did exactly what I am describing to you

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/231292
  6. 05-10-2021, 11:29 AM
    That makes perfect sense and that is was what I was planning on doing for future runs, I had just forgotten to click the record button when I started streaming and only started recording a little while into the stream
  7. 05-10-2021, 01:43 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210510-164004.png 
Views:	37 
Size:	413.7 KB 
ID:	127576

JJT_Defender
    Honored Veteran
    Credibility: 33,969
    Submission points: 26,524
    RIGHT VOTES ( 28,359 ) &
    WRONG VOTES ( 82 ) 43 were missing videos from 3rd party sites after being voted yes into TG scoreboard database by TG members.
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
  8. 05-10-2021, 01:52 PM
    Welcome Joshua Francis to Twin Galaxies.
    1. Yes, like RedDawn said in his reply you can have many video attempts and record performances on 1 video game recording.

2. Hopefully you have permission to video record game setting from the game menu.

Great game. Will be adjudicating your future performances.
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
    Likes JBFcrasher liked this post
  9. 05-10-2021, 02:24 PM
    I am more than happy to show the settings each time I am making attempts, I had at the start of doing my runs when I got my time, I had just not hit record at that point, just had hit the stream button. I am curious though, do the difficulties actually make a difference to the run times in Hydro Thunder? From what the manual says it just modifies the AI boats, but those can be disabled with the button combo when selecting a boat, and modifies the time available to the player before it times out.
  10. 05-10-2021, 10:50 PM
    Well I ended up getting a better PB that has the difficulty recorded this time
    Likes Barthax, JJT_Defender, RedDawn liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Join us