Arcade - NFL Blitz 2000 - Most points [Grandfathered - DO NOT SUBMIT!] - 92 - Jonathan Velasco

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Arcade - NFL Blitz 2000 - Most points [Grandfathered - DO NOT SUBMIT!] - 92 - Jonathan Velasco

05-12-2021, 12:31 PM
    Most points [Grandfathered - DO NOT SUBMIT!]
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=11130
    Rank

Rules
    Factory Default; Most points
    Submission Message
    Using MAME 0.231 and NFL Blitz 2000 GE (Arcade ver. 1.5), I beat the New England Patriots with the Dallas Cowboys 92-55. This is currently the record for the most points scored in a single game and most touchdowns scored in a single game. The game was set to default settings (normal difficulty & 2-minute quarters) and tournament mode (no CPU assistance, no power ups, and no secrets).

I am open to submitting for Arcade or MAME, but this is the only available thread where I can submit.
    Thank you.
    Link:

2. 05-12-2021, 01:17 PM
    Voting no. Track is for Arcade, but game was played on MAME. Videos should be uploaded directly TG, not a youtube link. If a track does not exist, the community will be happy to help you make one.

Regarding "grandfathered do not submit", it would be helpful if someone could comment the reason for that.
    Thanks Garrett Holland thanked this post
    Likes Luigi Ruffolo liked this post
  3. 05-12-2021, 02:37 PM
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/game/nf...d-edition/mame

I think this is where you want to submit this score. I'm not familiar with the game and there are a lot of rules to follow so just make sure you follow them all. You will need to attach a zipped copy of the inp and download a video directly to TG in addition to the game specific rules.
    "Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good"

Visit my YouTube channel for videos of over 150 classic arcade games, most of which you won't see at your local arcade. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh4...56xV5To9gPqsLA
  4. 05-12-2021, 03:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by D.B. Cooper View Post
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/game/nf...d-edition/mame

I think this is where you want to submit this score. I'm not familiar with the game and there are a lot of rules to follow so just make sure you follow them all. You will need to attach a zipped copy of the inp and download a video directly to TG in addition to the game specific rules.
    Just a quick note: the MAME track is for biggest blowout, not for most points, so the score to submit would be 37 (92-55)
    Daniel Ocampo
    Tomena Sanner
    Champion and JJT lover (not in that way).
    Thanks Garrett Holland thanked this post
    Likes D.B. Cooper liked this post
  5. 05-13-2021, 02:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sdwyer138 View Post
    Regarding "grandfathered do not submit", it would be helpful if someone could comment the reason for that.
    I believe all mention of "grandfather"-ed tracks were meant to have been removed in 2015. I've put a query onto the scoreboard errors thread to highlight this one. :)
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
  6. 05-13-2021, 06:45 AM
    Due to the reasons listed above, this is not acceptable.
    Lauren Tyler
    Eternal Champion of Ragol
  7. 05-13-2021, 08:00 AM
    Even absent all other issues, this submission would still be miscategorized. As SDwyer and Cooper mentioned above, MAME performances are required to be submitted to MAME leaderboards, and one can be created if there currently is not an appropriate track for it. Voting no.
  8. 05-13-2021, 08:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    I believe all mention of "grandfather"-ed tracks were meant to have been removed in 2015. I've put a query onto the scoreboard errors thread to highlight this one. :)
    i hate asking anyone to trust my memory with proof but sometimes i have to, and fortunatley i think the logic behind it makes it believable

yes, on the old state of the galaxy jace talked about ungrandfathering everything. whats really relevant is the logic behind that. due to track creation, any grandfathered track could just be duplicated with the grandfathering removed. It would make no sense to encourage people to just make duplicate tracks, so yes the intent was to unlock evertyhing. grandfathered tracks we can techincally submit to, the unlocking was achieved, but when the word grandfather or do not submit is explicilty in the text that wasnt automatically updated.

a similiar discussion has happened around the grandfathered/lockedout deca events where the community has already accepted new submissions despite the wording technically making it against the rules
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
    Likes Barthax, bensweeneyonbass liked this post
Join us