ColecoVision / Adam - Donkey Kong Junior Super Game - [NTSC/PAL - Skill 1] - 98,300 - Roger Edwin Blair 111

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. ColecoVision / Adam - Donkey Kong Junior Super Game - [NTSC/PAL - Skill 1] - 98,300 - Roger Edwin Blair 111

05-13-2021, 01:10 PM
    vzaar-player

[NTSC/PAL - Skill 1]
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=210126
    Rank

Rules
    This variation is for both NTSC and PAL as there is no difference between the two on the ColecoVision/Adam Console. Load screen must display “ADAM The ColecoVision Family Computer System Presents Donkey Kong Junior by Nintendo,” followed by a second screen that displays the credits for Coleco Industries Inc. and Nintendo with the game title.
    Submission Message

Hardware/Settings in beginning, only attempt.
    Not sure about the wording on the rules, here, I think someone was high, but this IS Donkey Kong Jr. Super Game-because it's SUPER!!!
    Man, this is a good port of a game I don't much care for-the mistakes were mine, the game is fair, unlike other versions(even other Coleco versions), this may be the best port ever on an early system, the added levels are really neat!
    A little bummed to not get 100K, but my goal was to beat my initial run on this, 60K or so, so I am pretty happy!
    Thanks Everyone!!!

2. 05-13-2021, 07:51 PM
    Accepted...
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  3. 05-14-2021, 03:45 AM
    The rules do look like someone knew about the ADAM version of the game but not the console version. Found a video on YouTube which matches the rules:

Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  4. 05-14-2021, 03:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    The rules do look like someone knew about the ADAM version of the game but not the console version. Found a video on YouTube which matches the rules:

(I had to copy the link for some reason, could be my PC, but didn't seem to imbed).
    Hmm-ya, it does have the intro screen stated from the rules-seems to be the same game, from everything I can see?
    Thanks for checking on that, for sure!!!
    So they say
    Dance for me, dance for me, dance for me, oh, oh, oh
    Likes Barthax liked this post
  5. 05-14-2021, 06:58 AM
    I've been doing some digging & I've found that Team Pixelboy have been making Homebrew versions of games since 2009: http://teampixelboy.com/ (copyright tag is 2009-2021). I've found an AtariAge post which suggests this port was released in 2014 by Team Pixelboy and so suggests this is not the original 1983 Coleco release: https://atariage.com/forums/topic/27...omment=4054174 .

Confused so abstaining.
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
    Thanks Luigi Ruffolo, Ragequit thanked this post
  6. 05-14-2021, 07:08 AM
    I've been doing some digging & I've found that Team Pixelboy have been making Homebrew versions of games since 2009: http://teampixelboy.com/ (copyright tag is 2009-2021). I've found an AtariAge post which suggests this port was released in 2014 by Team Pixelboy and so suggests this is not the original 1983 Coleco release: https://atariage.com/forums/topic/27...omment=4054174 .

Confused so abstaining.
    Hindsight being 20/20, I suppose I should have put one of my "Hey, Guys, can we talk about this one" disclaimers on this.

I suppose, TBH, I am confused myself, but again, I appreciate the research!
    So they say
  7. 05-16-2021, 01:33 AM
    Ok based on the track rules and info provided by barthax, you're supposed to use the "adam" version of the game for submissions and how you'll know is that the first screen loaded when you put on the game will be the "adam the colecovision blah blah" as stated in the rules. You didn't play using the adam version so this is a reject then apparently....
  8. 05-16-2021, 02:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragequit View Post
    Ok based on the track rules and info provided by barthax, you're supposed to use the "adam" version of the game for submissions and how you'll know is that the first screen loaded when you put on the game will be the "adam the colecovision blah blah" as stated in the rules. You didn't play using the adam version so this is a reject then apparently....
    It's what I was leaning towards but good to get a second opinion. :)

Roger: if you start a new track which specifies the Team Pixelboy version, I'll certainly lend some SP - if I'm quick enough: 'cause I know that'll be jumped on by others too. :D

Voting No.
    Thanks Rogerpoco, Ragequit thanked this post
  9. 05-16-2021, 05:01 AM
    It's what I was leaning towards but good to get a second opinion. :)

Roger: if you start a new track which specifies the Team Pixelboy version, I'll certainly lend some SP - if I'm quick enough: 'cause I know that'll be jumped on by others too. :D

Voting No.
    I might do that sometime, start another track!!!

Ya, I've contacted everyone responding here, at least, I guess this is a reject, Guys, I hope noone gets caught out w/o unvoting!

Sorry!!!
    So they say
    Thanks Ragequit thanked this post
Join us