- robotgreg

This poll is closed
  1. - robotgreg

05-20-2021, 11:01 AM
    I've been getting into some of whats I'd term Silver age games ie around Space Invaders time but before the true golden age of Pacman, Defender etc.

Got a good score on Galaxy Wars but when I went to submit it, I noticed that the setting listed is 2 lives, extra at 3,000 instead of the factory setting which I'd used in ignorance of 3 lives and extra at 3,000.

All the scores listed are quite old so you can't view the performance (unless somehow you can that I'm not aware of) so can;t check that they were indeed done on 2 lives instead of 3. But it just seems odd to have a setting different from the default for such a reasonably obscure game.

Just wondering if somehow the setting is a typo or would it 100% be correct? If so wonder why it was used - it's not a game that last for ages where you would want/need to reduce the gameplay time by reducing the number of men.

Welcome any thoughts/info.

Cheers
    Greg
    Likes wwdkong, evan04 liked this post
  2. 06-16-2021, 01:57 AM
    I have a need to find many other free entertainment programs.
    Listen to the radio for free and there are various entertainment content on the site online rádió
    Last edited by WinifredAthelstan; 06-18-2021 at 09:57 AM.
  3. 09-28-2021, 12:58 PM
    I played pacman and space invanders as a child, what you call "games of the silver age" is not such type of game for me, it is too subjective.

You can buy instagram followers to quickly increase their number.
    Last edited by GeraldSmidt; 09-28-2021 at 01:01 PM.
  4. 09-28-2021, 01:19 PM
    without doubt subjective, but space invaders was a huge hit. i guess one game alone cant bring the arcade into a golden age, but i dont think its unreasonable to see space invaders as the first of the golden age games, the first to really get things big, but sure, it takes a while for the first to have some follow up to get things going

i also thought peole used "silver age" to return to arcades making a bit of comeback in fighting days street figthter2, mortal kombat. not that arcades had left, they were still popular between the two time periods but the fighting games seemed to really bring the popularity back up that earlier glory
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
  5. 09-28-2021, 01:20 PM
    as for your more important question i cant help. you pretty much have to contact people from the time. fortunately, this is the sort of thing people like to talk about so you might get lucky.
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
    Thanks robotgreg thanked this post
  6. 10-06-2021, 12:38 AM
    I would like to play packman too!

You can buy youtube subscribers to promote your channel.
    Last edited by mintared; 10-06-2021 at 12:41 AM.
  7. Today, 12:12 AM
    Thank you very much for such a wonderful topic. I don't know much about it, but your unique post provided me with some further facts.moto x3m
  8. Today, 12:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by robotgreg View Post
    I've been getting into some of whats I'd term Silver age games ie around Space Invaders time but before the true golden age of Pacman, Defender etc.

Got a good score on Galaxy Wars but when I went to submit it, I noticed that the setting listed is 2 lives, extra at 3,000 instead of the factory setting which I'd used in ignorance of 3 lives and extra at 3,000.

All the scores listed are quite old so you can't view the performance (unless somehow you can that I'm not aware of) so can;t check that they were indeed done on 2 lives instead of 3. But it just seems odd to have a setting different from the default for such a reasonably obscure game.

Just wondering if somehow the setting is a typo or would it 100% be correct? If so wonder why it was used - it's not a game that last for ages where you would want/need to reduce the gameplay time by reducing the number of men.

Welcome any thoughts/info.

Cheers
    Greg
    Hi Greg,

I played back kernzy's Galaxy Wars inp and he also played on 3 Lives looks like a typo in the track?
    Attached Images Attached Images   
Join us