1. PC - 10 Second Ninja X - World 4 - Level III - 02.88 - Luigi Ruffolo

05-26-2021, 06:37 AM
    vzaar-player

World 4 - Level III
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=238348
    Rank
    Rules
    No settings to change. No manual timing. The final time will be the one displayed by the game at the end of the level. *Since worlds are not numbered, follow the next list for reference. World 1 - Bottom level, left side World 2 - Bottom level, right side World 3 - Mid-level, left side World 4 - Mid-level, right side World 5 - Top-level, left side World 6 - Top-level, right side
    Submission Message
    Level selected at 0:41.
    The best attempt starts at 3:09.
    Time at 3:17.

Likes Garrett Holland liked this post
  2. 05-26-2021, 03:12 PM
    Level and time confirmed. Voting yes.
    Thanks Luigi Ruffolo thanked this post
  3. 05-27-2021, 04:12 AM

This is a very interesting run, as it demonstrates that a player can suffer a death and still complete the level successfully.

My first viewing of the video was at normal speed, and I had some difficulty following the game's progress. It wasn't until I examined the action frame-by-frame (from 3:10 to 3:14) that I fully appreciated what is happening.

At the 3:12.275 mark, the player fires a shot to the right (see below). This shot will ricochet 4 times, eventually destroying both robots at the top of the screen:

Name:  Ninja 01.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  65.0 KB

At 3:12.391 (7 frames later), the player touches the blue electrical current while the previously fired shot has caromed off the bottom right angled cushion, and is heading toward the robot at the top right of the screen:

Name:  Ninja 02.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  73.9 KB

At 3:12.408 (1 frame later), the player death has been recognized and the big red "X" begins to appear. At this point, both robots at the top of the screen are still intact:

Name:  Ninja 03.jpg
Size:  26.2 KB

At 3:12.741 (20 frames later), the top right robot has been destroyed. The fired shot has rebounded and is heading downward:

Name:  Ninja 04.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  49.0 KB

At 3:13.141 (24 frames later), the fired shot has touched both of the angled cushions at the bottom, and is on its way to the final robot at the top left of the screen:

Name:  Ninja 05.jpg
Size:  50.4 KB

At 3:13.341 (12 frames later), the last remaining robot has been eliminated, and the "New Best" message begins to appear:

Name:  Ninja 06.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  26.3 KB

So, the player managed to successfully complete the level despite suffering a death 56 frames earlier, thanks to a timely shot that was fired 8 frames before the death was detected.

Well done!

Thanks Luigi Ruffolo, Garrett Holland thanked this post
Join us