Request for Todd Rogers "Post Verdict Dispute Discussion" Thread

This poll is closed
  1. 06-04-2021, 01:42 PM
    Scott Stilphen...will you just dry up and blow away in the wind ?

I am sick and tired of hearing your same old, same old BS about the "Donkey Kong" score issue which was between Todd and myself...it had NOTHING to do with you nor ever will. It is also over 15 years old.

No one cares about it anymore on this entire planet Earth. You are the only one out of 7 billion plus people.

You contribute NOTHING to Twin Galaxies except launching the same old BS since 2004, all stemming back to your original grudges over your "Asteroids" submission not being accepted and the Atari 2600 split...something that should never have been done in the first place had Walter not pushed me into doing it against my express reservations not to. And again, this had NOTHING to do with you...period.

Jesus H Christ...this is 17 years ago already...get a life you bloody troll :(
  2. 06-04-2021, 06:09 PM
    Nope, not when you continue to hurl insults at myself and others while continuing to refuse to answer simple questions pertaining to your time as a former ref - questions to which only you can answer. The issue with Rogers' VCS Donkey Kong score affects everyone on TG. It's not some private matter between you and him (?!). It never was! I don't know where you get off thinking that. Yes, this particular issue is 15 years old as I stated in my last post, and that's because it's never been resolved - because of YOU. You could have resolved it back then when you were the chief ref, but your steadfast refusal to be honest about it and deal with it like a responsible person, and instead offer up one garbage excuse after another while bashing anyone who simply 'didn't take your word for it'.

In case you haven't noticed, I'm an active competitive gamer here, and I've spent the past year on here posting scores and offering helpful information whenever possible. On the other hand, you are a former chief ref with a closet full of unresolved issues that either you created yourself, or that you carried over from the previous chief ref, Corcoran. Instead of trying to resolve them, you spent your 4 years sweeping them under the rug and ignoring them. This isn't Walter Day's TG or yours anymore. The power has shifted to the gamers, where it always belonged from the beginning. They decide how issues are handled now, not you. So either get in line with that philosophy and try to be more helpful in cleaning up some of your mess, or get out of the way.
  3. 06-04-2021, 09:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Scott Stilphen...will you just dry up and blow away in the wind ?

I am sick and tired of hearing your same old, same old BS about the "Donkey Kong" score issue which was between Todd and myself...it had NOTHING to do with you nor ever will. It is also over 15 years old.

No one cares about it anymore on this entire planet Earth. You are the only one out of 7 billion plus people.

You contribute NOTHING to Twin Galaxies except launching the same old BS since 2004, all stemming back to your original grudges over your "Asteroids" submission not being accepted and the Atari 2600 split...something that should never have been done in the first place had Walter not pushed me into doing it against my express reservations not to. And again, this had NOTHING to do with you...period.

Jesus H Christ...this is 17 years ago already...get a life you bloody troll :(
    Actually Scott and I contribute new scores of quality to tg something you and your cohorts stopped doing when proof became needed

funny how you guys were the best gamers in the world when verifying each other but suddenly lose all skill when proof is required

let’s see a shred of proof that you time tracked to 1985 for a kaboom maxiut when you couldn’t even get 5% of that score before you became a ref
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
  4. 06-05-2021, 07:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    funny how you guys were the best gamers in the world when verifying each other but suddenly lose all skill when proof is required
    When I came on board in 2001 (or there about), my brother and I always did full video documentation and mailed them to the appropriate refs. So even back then, having to prove a record was fairly commonplace (with the exception of a few bad apples that Walter fostered). I never knew Robert to be anything other than totally honest about his own scores. In reality, Robert was more busy with promoting record goals and bounties for people to try for even back then. He paid for these bounties out of his own pocket just to help keep TG relevant. So whenever I see all this hate thrown his way, I think about how much he broke his back for the company, and it's a damn shame people like to cherry-pick a possible mishandling of a dispute as a means to trash one's character.
    Thanks Barthax thanked this post
    Likes Barthax liked this post
  5. 06-05-2021, 08:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by FBX View Post
    When I came on board in 2001 (or there about), my brother and I always did full video documentation and mailed them to the appropriate refs. So even back then, having to prove a record was fairly commonplace (with the exception of a few bad apples that Walter fostered). I never knew Robert to be anything other than totally honest about his own scores. In reality, Robert was more busy with promoting record goals and bounties for people to try for even back then. He paid for these bounties out of his own pocket just to help keep TG relevant. So whenever I see all this hate thrown his way, I think about how much he broke his back for the company, and it's a damn shame people like to cherry-pick a possible mishandling of a dispute as a means to trash one's character.
    by his own admission he has over 100 tapes of self entry scores that no other ref watched. Billy its my understanding also contributed to tg financially but that doesnt give him a pass. by way of "character" i'm only discussing the "character" as far as it has to do with scoreboard integrity (this did start with the process of todd and now moved on to other related scores, scores, not real life, scores), i have no idea nor do i care (when talking about scores) what sort of employee, family person, or citizen someone is. The kaboom dispute was closed, he knows about, if hes "totally honest about his own scores" perhaps you can convince him to give a direct answer as to whether or not he got a perfect kaboom in 1985 like the scoreboard mysteriously started to state post 2002. hes aware of the dispute and like most of our arguments it went everywhere except adressing the point in question. i highly doubt you'll get a direct answer, as a confirmation he was not the first perfect kaboom player will result in its removal but a denial sets him up to be caught red handed taking credit for a score that isnt his. I would love to get a straight answer on that one, i wont hold my breath though as the dispute was shut down and i somehow doubt it'll be reopened.
  6. 06-06-2021, 01:09 AM
    by his own admission he has over 100 tapes of self entry scores that no other ref watched

RTM REPLY - [**CENSORED BY ADMIN** - name calling] you cherry-pick excerpts of what was said to support your conspiracy theories and allegations.

I ALSO said that these tapes were transported by Brian Kuh to give to an existing TG staffer in Nov/07 after Walter had refused all efforts to acquire my accumulated TG tape cache. Jace is fully aware of the wherabouts of all these tapes.

The overwhelming majority of them relate to the Summer Console Championships of 2001 (N64/DC), an event that is now 20 years old, and with few exceptions none of these submissions are current TG world records. If you want to pursue this matter...knock yourself out as no one gives a damn except you.

As for everything else you are pursuing, I've answered everything already. I cannot be held responsible for clerical errors made by a fellow TG staffer with any of my scores, and I had nor have ANY intention of fact-checking whether they entered one or more of my scores incorrectly or not, whether it is a numeric entry or a date-based entry. These are scores that are largely 2005 and prior home console scores, 16+ years old and I simply do not CARE about them at this point. They are what they are, were what they were.

If you think that it is every gamer's personal responsibility to perform quality control checks every time their score is entered by TG, you need to get your head examined...professionally. Bad enough that I found some of my scores missing in the TG database from time to time, I have no time nor inclination to fact-check to placate your concerns of accuracy of dates.

You want to play score-detective...knock yourself out in tracking down both those tapes and the hundreds that Corcoran let mysteriously vanish. And while you're at it, track down Todd's tapes and whatever else is out there. Nobody else on God's green Earth seems to care except yourself in this matter.
    Last edited by TWIN GALAXIES; 06-07-2021 at 01:09 AM.
  7. 06-06-2021, 01:19 AM
    to put it bluntly, peeing would be insanely difficult if possible at all, and ******* just isnt realistic so that'll affect human time limits as well.
    As a child of parents who enjoyed camping, I feel this argument has no weight. Porta-loos have been around since the 1970s, are easily accessible and can be set up for marathons. I have no knowledge of any individual's marathon environments but I do know there's an easy setup to get around the fundaments of the human digestive system under static (i.e., non-movement) environments.
    Last edited by Barthax; 06-06-2021 at 01:46 AM.
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
  8. 06-06-2021, 04:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    As a child of parents who enjoyed camping, I feel this argument has no weight. Porta-loos have been around since the 1970s, are easily accessible and can be set up for marathons. I have no knowledge of any individual's marathon environments but I do know there's an easy setup to get around the fundaments of the human digestive system under static (i.e., non-movement) environments.
    thats fair. Suppose someone could also set up their tv and game in the bathroom. I still think it’s worth noting such preparations are necessary but you’re right they’re not impossible
  9. 06-06-2021, 04:45 AM
    Rtm I’m not taking direct quotes any more where you name call and spreading that further but honestly that answer did at least partially start to address things

are you saying you don’t know if your kaboom score is real? Of course I don’t expect you to remember everything but considering how often you mention kaboom, how prestigious an Atari title is, and how in your interviews it was on a short list of goals im kinda surprised you’d forget whether or not you were the first to get a perfect kaboom

If your statement about not remembering every single score is more deflection then I’m back to finding your responses useless but if you’re saying you don’t remember this score in particular then I have to accept that answer
  10. 06-06-2021, 05:30 AM
    how prestigious an Atari title is
    That is so subjective. :P There were a bunch of ZX Spectrum games that I completed back in the day which passing acquaintances would be incredulous, dismissing my claims. One in particular sticks out as a memory: The Way of the Exploding Fist on ZX Spectrum is finite (unlike the C64, from my understanding) and what made it particularly stand out is I used the keyboard. I was around at a friends place & someone I vaguely knew of the time was also there. Conversation turned to TWoftEF & my friend commented I'd finished it on keyboard. Incredulity ensued and I bowed to peer pressure, sat down & completed it first attempt on keyboard - which requires mapping out all eight directions as separate keys and fire button which I spread across the keyboard in a single line. At the end of the attempt and was summarily dismissed again and realised it's better just to not boast. These days, I record & submit - if conversation happens to pass over something, I can point but there's huge amounts of achievements - just like I expect of most people here - that I've forgotten or remember something impossible. Like maxing out Donkey Kong on Game & Watch: it rolls but my memory is of a max-out in the park in London behind Blackshaw Road in Tooting on my friends G&W - spawned a death to the G&W bubble in my pre-teen circle of friends of the time. :P
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Join us